Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:11:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2017  (Read 27547 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2017, 12:27:41 am »

Greetings EZ! This is the time of year that we all look forward to! We've spent a lot of time to make this year a special one.

Event Details
  • A special new zone will be available for players T9+
  • Special Global Halloween drops will appear in all existing tiers
  • The older 2014 Halloween event is also active for those who wish to take advantage of it
  • The event will END on Nov 13th Monday 12PM Noon CDT
  • Double Credits will be available for a limited time
  • Changelog for this event will be kept up to date in this thread and in the in-game #viewchangelog

Files

We hope you guys have a blast and if you liked the event - drop a comment in this thread!

You have unwittingly opened the time rift and allowed me to enter your domain. I should thank you for this, but you are just a simple fool and knew not what your actions would bring. Do you know now what time it is? It is time for me to make an example of you for all this world to witness. Your lifeless corpse will hang from stakes, a reminder of how easily I can sweep your world's inhabitants aside.

"The disciples of Nexus report it has been engulfed in darkness and a spell has been casted upon it.
Meanwhile a strange rift has appeared..."

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:28:42 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 12:27:49 am »

• Rent: Decorative Fethish NPCs will no longer show up on player's extended targets in Hills of Shade
  • Akkadius: Hills of Shade Gateway Device can now be handed back into Jox for a return of 750k
  • Akkadius: Plane of Regret now creates corpses on death instead of returning to the void
  • Akkadius: Plane of Regret trash rampage has been heavily reduced
  • Akkadius: Trash mobs in Plane of Regret that were perma-rooted will no longer be
  • Akkadius: Players should be no longer attacked by invisible mobs in HOS
  • Rent: Removed unnecessary Arrelas Bonescourge in Planes of Regret
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR experience rate has been adjusted substantially
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR Drop rates have been adjusted earlier in the day
  • Akkadius: All existing Tiers now can drop a variety of special Halloween loot
  • Rent: unnecessary coffin objects removed from graveyard in Plane of Regret/Hills of Shade
  • Rent: removed unnecessary "A Tomb" spawns in Plane of Regret/Hills of Shade
  • Rent: Brunna's Two Toned Diamond Neckguard was changed to Brunaa's Two Toned Neckguard to correct the spelling error
  • Akkadius: Halloween special global drops are no longer influenced by DL/TL mods whilst everything else continues to
  • Rent: Changed Crack'n Crazy Traveler spell effect to not conflict with Shaman Epic buff
  • Rent: Adjusted Snarl of the Predator Click effect on Fist of the Fast and Fury to correctly cast.
  • Rent: Fist of the Fast Fury click effect was changed from Snarl of the Predator to Mark of Emperors IV due to spell conflicts
  • Rent: Moved several NPCs in HoS/PoR away from the walls so the NPC would not walk into the wall and become untargetable
  • Akkadius: Public Realms in HOS/POR will no longer require other realms to meet a player requirement before allowing other realms to be used
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR AA Crystals when looted will now instruct players to speak with Rathor instead of Foxy
  • Akkadius: When players loot special instancing items - it will instruct about the use of /say create instance to prevent redundant questions regarding their use
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR Succor should now port players to the correct location
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR: Boss chain rates have been adjusted to be more favorable
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR: Quest items and drop rates have been adjusted/increased
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:58:35 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:58:29 am »

I have no much time to play but as far what I have seen of the event you both have done a great job Smiley Smiley Smiley
I just can see how much work you put into it and I hope all other players will see it aswell (I bet they will).
If T 11 will just be near this one I think we all can have a lot of fun.
So thanks again Akka and Rent for all the work  Kiss
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:35:22 am »

I have never enjoyed farming HoH as much as right now =)
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 02:18:29 am »

Thank you very much for this wonderful event.

Sad, I wont be able to enjoy much of it next week. How I wish it would have been extended until Nov. 15  Smiley

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 07:15:21 am »

Any chance we can make the quest items stackable?

Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:36:07 am »

This event has been awesome so far. Thanks to you both for the time and effort put into this for the EZ community. I dare say this is the best event to come out on the EZ server.

I have 40 hours logged in 3 days (lol?). I would like to pass along some drop/spawn info opinions. For reference on kill rate, I turned in 20,000+ coins just yesterday.

Boss chains should have their frequency increased some. I have spawned more namers than I can count but have only had 1 chain to the last one. Bad RNG, I get it, but it seems to be a common cause of frustration in /ooc. Bumping the frequency up some will get lots of cheers from us players.

Necklace Quest: I'm half way done. Could the drops be zone wide rather than concentrated from one area? The only reason I'm as far as I am is because I have not gotten the keystone from that chain yet. Once I do and move on, it'll be a decision on whether to finish the quest or do other stuff. Not a problem in a new tier, but in a timed event may prove to be an unfinished quest for everyone due to the drops being concentrated in one area.

Damage: A slight reduction in damage would be good for T9 and new-to- T10 geared players. Nothing crazy, maybe 10-25%. Others would have to chime in on that.

Coffins/Tombs: There's still a few that agro. No big deal, but if it helps I can get /loc's?

Minions of Zorth pop up behind you when pulled from the underground tunnels. Not sure anything can be done there.

Anyway, enough time spent typing, back to the grind!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:47:19 am by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 07:51:22 am »

This event has been awesome so far. Thanks to you both for the time and effort put into this for the EZ community. I dare say this is the best event to come out on the EZ server.

+1 Denz, this event is amazing - Cant wait to unlock the full scope of it

Boss chains should have their frequency increased some. I have spawned more namers than I can count but have only had 1 chain to the last one. Bad RNG, I get it, but it seems to be a common cause of frustration in /ooc. Bumping the frequency up some will get lots of cheers from us players.

Yeah, the initial chance to spawn a trigger boss, and thus a chance at a chain could def use an increase - We have pretty much narrowed down what mobs triggers which boss, but it just happens so rarely that there's currently a big chance noone will actually unlock the final stages of the event based on current progress - My worst fear, after hammering away at this event for probably as much as Denzig over the past days, that the event will end with us having bags full of candy and a couple of awesome augments, but missing the final act all together.

Necklace Quest: I'm half way done. Could the drops be zone wide rather than concentrated from one area? The only reason I'm as far as I am is because I have not gotten the keystone from that chain yet. Once I do and move on, it'll be a decision on whether to finish the quest or do other stuff. Not a problem in a new tier, but in a timed event may prove to be an unfinished quest for everyone due to the drops being concentrated in one area.

Agree, and it would be much appreciated if the 40+ components could be made stackable too Smiley - Quality of life Smiley

Damage: A slight reduction in damage would be good for T9 and new-to- T10 geared players. Nothing crazy, maybe 10-25%. Others would have to chime in on that.

Damage is on the high end - Especially i Noticed Twigs ditching out damage in the 4M area - Could be a proc of some kind (doesnt seem to be a melee hit)

Again, event is awesome - I think with a few minor adjustments it could be even more awesome, and I'd love to see the final act of it Smiley

//Ekiir

Peign
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 08:11:22 am »

Please do not nerf the damage further.     The twigs are exciting.   

Awesome event!     Really enjoying it.    It was also great of you to add the drops to lower tier zones to ensure everyone can have some fun.   
gotee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 08:41:45 pm »

since the inception of Haloween MPG has been very spotty for a lot of players - most common is - able to zone in but cannot select an ess only your leader can (no one is raid is considered leader) - zone out and try to re enter (you have other commitments) and your locked out for the duration.  I know a lot of peeps that have OOC'd would appreciate a fix - thanks
gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 06:26:37 am »

Awesome event, thoroughly enjoying.  Thank you very much for all the hard work you do!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 08:54:27 pm »

Changelog updated (second post)

EZ Server GM
blumblum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 07:19:48 am »

I have never enjoyed farming HoH as much as right now =)

Same. Zone pull is amazing.
i had the most EPIC moment i have ever had on EZ Smiley

And i died.
A lot of times.
Smiley
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »

after crush i lost around 1200 t3 tokens ...

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 07:32:44 pm »

Not sure if it's just a case of the Mondays, but  I know I'm starting to get annoyed with the rarity of the named...let alone seeing a total of one run to the 3rd boss after hacking away at it for nearly a week.  It appears most people are finding a higher ROI in anywhere but this zone, having fun with the mass pull sticks and mass farming lower tiered zones and very few have been in the Halloween zone all day.  There were probably a good number of named spawning the first few days just from the sheer number of people in the zone, but it's pretty ghostly today.  Either way, since it's a limited time zone I'll be spending my time beating my fingers against the keyboard til they bleed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91