Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:23:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T10 and reward item question for Rent or Akka  (Read 4349 times)
mousebane

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:56:00 pm »

I would be interested in understanding why the reward items, specifically the free waypoint, are disabled in T10.
Someone said it was due to resources to instance being high, but maybe with new server horsepower that would not be an issue, if in fact it ever was.

Just curious as to why this is the case and if it still needs to be.
Thanks.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:06:43 pm »

I thought the $5m pricetag was temporary. Also, this does punish casuals as they pay $5m for a 3-day instance they will use maybe an hour or two a day. (Personally, $5m to me is a joke, but I see this point.)
The entire thought of "sucking plat out" has been shown to be misguided, look at what happened this Halloween when we were to pay for getting into Halloween. This isn't a way to help the economy, it was never the problem. Let plat be worth what it is. Inflation happens. We make plat fast, inflation is just reflective of that reality.
I do think some items should be available for plat at vendors, but the issue of who sets the prices apparently is beyond reconciliation at this point, and the devs don't play the game so have no realistic way of viewing this. The economy really isn't so bad, though. Plat is NOT useless nor worthless, just inflated... and we have a very healthy barter system going through items.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Misterbagwell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »

...the devs don't play the game so have no realistic way of viewing this. The economy really isn't so bad, though. Plat is NOT useless nor worthless, just inflated... and we have a very healthy barter system going through items.

I agree with you here but here is the problem.

I am a dev, I have my own eqemu server I am building at the moment. It's fun and challenging but after spending 3 weeks straight on it I got burned out and decided to come play here for a bit and see what had changed. Even if Dev's DID play it wouldnt help their outlook on certain mechanics much. Like with me, I could play on my own sever, alone... but what good would that do me? Just the fact that I am my own servers developer makes me have a biased and skewed perception because I am privy to the inner workings of what drop rates are, what drop tables are... etc etc.

The devs ON HERE get good feedback from us - it's players. That's pretty much as good as it's ever gonna get. It's like this with every game. The argument doesn't need to be "Dev's need to play their own game so they can see firsthand how jacked up such and such is...", it needs to be more like "Dev's need to listen to us giving them valuable feedback and act upon it".
Sqeeter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »

There's no reason IMO that you should be charged for the instance in T10 if you purchased the Free Waypoint (Reward Item).  Hell, I bought two of them. If it's up for sale and the item description is FREE WAYPOINT, then why is it even up for discussion?  Real simple stuff.

Also, I didn't see a vote for getting rid of MPG's?  I relied on those every three days.  Don't really understand why getting rid of them.  What's the point?  Are you adding something else instead?  Usually when you take something away you add something equal to, OR BETTER.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:07:14 am »

...the devs don't play the game so have no realistic way of viewing this. The economy really isn't so bad, though. Plat is NOT useless nor worthless, just inflated... and we have a very healthy barter system going through items.

Rent is a player turned Developer, so i'm sure hes got a realistic view. Honestly there does come a point when plat is worthless fortunately right now its usually around the end game that this happens. Regardless, i dont think the intent of the plat cost of a sunderock essence is to bring any sort of meaning to plat, its not nearly enough to move that needle.

I would be interested in understanding why the reward items, specifically the free waypoint, are disabled in T10.
Someone said it was due to resources to instance being high, but maybe with new server horsepower that would not be an issue, if in fact it ever was.

Thanks.

Instead i think the true intent of there being a cost to create a sunderock instance is primarily resource based. T10, as it used to exist, certainly drained resources so it was a very real problem. Since the changes the zone is MUCH better on not being such a drain.That coupled with the new server, make it so we can have instances of the zone and it generally works great. However, its still the most resource intensive zone on the server and if it is free everyone will make 2-4 instances and 90% of the time those instances go unused. Shit, im guilty of doing this with any zone i farm. When i farm Tofs im farming 4-6 instances. When im done farming Tofs, i leave them up until they expire. Ultimately if T10 instances are created like we create any other zone then im sure we would start to see some performance issues. Of course i could be wrong but i just wanted to point out that you shouldnt be so quick to dismiss the resource implications of people being able to create T10 instances with no consequence. If my memory serves, i think it was said in game that the plan was to keep T10 costing plat at least until T11 comes out. That may have changed since i havent been around a lot prior to the past month but thats what i recall from when the instances were introduced.

Also, I didn't see a vote for getting rid of MPG's?  I relied on those every three days.  Don't really understand why getting rid of them.  What's the point?  Are you adding something else instead?  Usually when you take something away you add something equal to, OR BETTER.

Fortunately, most things arent decided through a vote on this server. The zone was ditched because the Code was garbage and was malfunctioning. To go in and trouble shoot the problem was likely going to take Akka more time than if he were to just create it from scratch and i doubt Akka would prioritize re-writing MPG over the other things he is working on (rightfully so). Removing MPG shouldnt really be game breaking for anyone....it was introduced not too long ago as an alternative farming source. Everything you got in an MPG is obtainable somewhere else. I understand MPG made it considerably easier to get your ultimate Augs but people quickly forget that the UW isnt required in the earlier tiers. i made it to T7 using normal Weapons and Anger Augs to hold agro before i finally farmed an UW1. Then i hit Dranik to get my augs. Admittedly i capped out my Ult Augs through MPG but i dont think its unbearable to farm Dranik to get Rank 1 Hate Stomp (all you should need to hold Agro) until you get to T10 when you can do the expedition and cap out your ult augs there.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:16:02 am by Loyal » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:12:16 am »

There's no reason IMO that you should be charged for the instance in T10 if you purchased the Free Waypoint (Reward Item)

You're totally entitled to your opinion, I just don't know that everyone shares that opinion.  Public has been rarely camped when I've ventured in there, but even if it were I'd wager I make back the plat for the instance cost in about 3 hours.  I'm as cheap as they come, but if I have 3 days to spend 3 hours making 5.5mil plat I'm fine with avoiding the drama.  And if you're at the absolute end game zone for progression, it stands to reason there should be a bit of cost involved.  There are 9+ tiers of zones that drop essences to farm with your free waypoint item, it's hardly an atrocity that tier 10 is the only zone you can't instance.  I'm 6 silos into a good rager, but IIRC we used to not be able to instance T10 at all, so we're already ahead even if there's a cost associated with it.

Also, I didn't see a vote for getting rid of MPG's?  I relied on those every three days.  Don't really understand why getting rid of them.  What's the point?  Are you adding something else instead?  Usually when you take something away you add something equal to, OR BETTER.

If you can't advance on EZ without the ever-abused and exploited MPG expeditions, you might want to re-evaluate how you spend your free time.  You relied on those every 3 days?  There's nothing you got from MPG that you can't get elsewhere...it's not like it's some recurring Halloween type expedition you can do every 3 days...there is nothing that drops there that you don't still have access to.  If the powers that be decide that something is detrimental to the server, they sure as fuck don't have  to consult anyone to address issues.  I don't know why they were disabled any more than you do but I don't ever remember Akka doing anything that wasn't in the best interests of the longevity of this sandbox, so call me a fanboi but I assume that he's got good reasons for doing what he deems necessary.  If you have a valid concern, maybe take a bit of time you'd otherwise be spending in MPG and shoot an email detailing why you think it was wrong to disable it.  Honey attracts more bees than vinegar, or w/e the idiom is.

p.s. If you are seriously unable to front the plat for T10 instances, shoot me a tell in game and I'll be happy to donate the instance cost to the cause of anyone actively grinding T10.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 12:16:25 am »

Thanks.

The reason for this is because in the original time before T10 was heavily revamped (http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5309.0) - the zone was ridiculously resource intensive for many reasons. Also, we can't afford to have 15 of them open because one person decides to have one entire T10 instance to 1 toon each (this does happen). So yes the barrier to entry is by design, this isn't permanent however.

Since our server code has much improved after much slave labor and ridiculous amounts of time invested into providing a better Emulator platform for all servers, this would be much more plausible.

T10 being affected by DL/TL modifiers and allowing FWP instance creation won't be active until T11 is released. This allows bridge gapping for folks who have struggled getting through T10 to have a hand up and then T11 may have similar restrictions depending on what aspect of the content. These bridge gaps have come in the form of DL/TL mods and zone pull items acquired through special events.

Also, I didn't see a vote for getting rid of MPG's?  I relied on those every three days.  Don't really understand why getting rid of them.  What's the point?  Are you adding something else instead?  Usually when you take something away you add something equal to, OR BETTER.

There was no vote - in the middle of all of the excessant complaining at the beginning of the Halloween event, all of the issues folks have had with MPG's, and the many technical flaws with the zone, Rent and I chose to disable the zone until further notice.

There is plans to address MPG and a handful of other things - in the very near future. Holidays consume time this time of year

HTH

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:18:53 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
LadySaph

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 01:30:09 am »

The reason for this is because in the original time before T10 was heavily revamped (http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5309.0) - the zone was ridiculously resource intensive for many reasons. Also, we can't afford to have 15 of them open because one person decides to have one entire T10 instance to 1 toon each (this does happen). So yes the barrier to entry is by design, this isn't permanent however.
Since our server code has much improved after much slave labor and ridiculous amounts of time invested into providing a better Emulator platform for all servers, this would be much more plausible.
T10 being affected by DL/TL modifiers and allowing FWP instance creation won't be active until T11 is released. This allows bridge gapping for folks who have struggled getting through T10 to have a hand up and then T11 may have similar restrictions depending on what aspect of the content. These bridge gaps have come in the form of DL/TL mods and zone pull items acquired through special events.

Since Sleeper's Tomb has been created, is there any chance to allow FWP creation now?
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 04:46:59 am »

T10 being affected by DL/TL modifiers and allowing FWP instance creation won't be active until T11 is released.

Since Sleeper's Tomb has been created, is there any chance to allow FWP creation now?

Sleeper's isnt T11. -) keep on payin  Grin

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 09:28:30 pm »

By the time you're farming GSSs in T10, plat really shouldn't be an issue.  I make T10 instances just because the succor reward item works in the instance and I'm lazy.  If i'm going to make a double or triple SR instance, I make a raid instance first just for convenience.  One zone pull and you've often already recapped the cost of the instance.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)