Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:36:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Getting invizzed in Surefall Glade by practice dummies... why?  (Read 3673 times)
Misterbagwell

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:22:27 pm »

I get that its to "remove aggro" but why is this even in place? The dummies are rooted in place and cant chase you, they do 1 damage, and couldn't the DB be changed so that when a player disengages them they become "memblurred" or lose aggro after 20 or 30 seconds of non-melee action? The reason I am complaining about this is, once you get invizzed (on RoF2 client) you get a "buff" or an "effect" that invizzes you and it doesn't appear in your buff list. You cannot click this buff off, cant remove it in any way afaik, and therefore - cant hail any NPC's or use the buff bot or teleporter. It took me 20 minutes today to figure out what was going on and someone told me that they noticed I was invizzed...

This is a great and wonderful server, I love this server - but mechanics like this are just silly. There is no reason for anyone to be "invizzed" after disengaging from a target dummy that is perma-rooted and only does 1 damage. the dummies are great for getting melee and defense skills up, but this mechanic is not.

Is there a specific reason why this mechanic exists? Is it because of my client?
Moggs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »

If you looking just to clear agro from the practice dummies just click your newbie item v1.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:21:20 am »

I get that its to "remove aggro" but why is this even in place? The dummies are rooted in place and cant chase you, they do 1 damage, and couldn't the DB be changed so that when a player disengages them they become "memblurred" or lose aggro after 20 or 30 seconds of non-melee action? The reason I am complaining about this is, once you get invizzed (on RoF2 client) you get a "buff" or an "effect" that invizzes you and it doesn't appear in your buff list. You cannot click this buff off, cant remove it in any way afaik, and therefore - cant hail any NPC's or use the buff bot or teleporter. It took me 20 minutes today to figure out what was going on and someone told me that they noticed I was invizzed...

This is a great and wonderful server, I love this server - but mechanics like this are just silly. There is no reason for anyone to be "invizzed" after disengaging from a target dummy that is perma-rooted and only does 1 damage. the dummies are great for getting melee and defense skills up, but this mechanic is not.

Is there a specific reason why this mechanic exists? Is it because of my client?

I'm not sure why that was setup that way - someone else had put those in. If they are really an issue we can tack it on the list but that's the first I've heard

EZ Server GM
Misterbagwell

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:10:24 pm »

I found a workaround for this. After training with the dummies, when "invizzed" just take the invizzed characters and R-Click on a banker or a merchant. Its a pain doing this on 18 characters but at least its an out, and its something.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 04:09:50 pm »

It sounds like the fade effect of the ninja click, it leaves you invis on the memblur but anything that normally breaks invis will correct it.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »

I found a workaround for this. After training with the dummies, when "invizzed" just take the invizzed characters and R-Click on a banker or a merchant. Its a pain doing this on 18 characters but at least its an out, and its something.

/bcaa //tar banker
/bcaa //stick 5
/bcaa //click right target

This will make it go much quicker for you Smiley

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:01 pm »

Yup, I know what you are talking about. Get that invis that you can't take off unless you get attacked or interact with a NPC. But I have had an interesting case where I will get that invis on my tank and my druid can't target the tank to cast Pack Regen. Usually after I use the Ninja clicky or zone up a level in ToFS. All other buff toons like shaman, mage, cleric can cast buff on the tank but not the druid. All clients show my tank as being visible but on my druid's client, I still see my tanks name in () - hence why my druid cant cast regen on my tank. I think I end up having to zone out and back in when it happens. But Akk is aware of the problem and will address it when he and Rent get around to it. Just stating my dealings with it in hopes the info could lead to the code culprit.

-Mix-
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 8678