Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UW Qvic Quest Potential Bug? (Probably Need Admin Help)  (Read 3216 times)
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:44:36 pm »

I was prepping my paladin, Pallywin, to get the first 7 UWs.  When I went to do my first combine, everything poofed and I was given an error that I already have this lore item.  Perplexed, I checked my inventory and didn't find a UW in my bag.  Chieftain pointed out my Paladin has a Christmas 2015 Goblin UW VII bow that I forgot about.  Just taking a shot in the dark, I tried turning in the bow to the Essence Trader, but he wasn't interested in changing weapon types.  I destroyed Hateborne's Christmas Special Bow of Noot Butthurt to prevent a sequel of stupidity. Accepting the responsibility of being an idiot, I started farming another 100 Qvic essences.

After grinding and trading I got 100 essences and started the process again.  I tried to restart the Qvic Essence quest, but the Essence Trader won't give me the quest.  I tried zoning and relogging, but he still won't give me the quest.  I even tried the #claim just to see if maybe it moved the lost items, but also nope.

I'm not asking to be reimbursed for my screw up, but at this point I can't start my Paladins UW due to a potential single use quest.  My plea to Akka or Rent is, if possible, for either to trade my 100 Qvics in my bags for the 100 Essences of Qvic version?  I'm totally cool with a sneaky Tooth Fairy switch-a-roo.  It makes total sense to not allow someone to do the quest twice to prevent people from accidently doing a bulk turn in on a weapon that is lore, but in this instance, I played myself and now I'm stuck.   Sad

Screenshot provided of my moment of shame.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:51:56 pm by Noot » Logged

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 01:34:32 am »

Oh man! Sad Hope you get that one resolved!

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:16:14 am »

Ouch, but i'm sure they will sort it

Really all those x-mas weapons should be server wiped, was a cool idea at the time, but outdated now, as real UW's pretty much a requirement
Just my 2 cents =)

Chief
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:23:22 am by Chieftan » Logged

Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 07:42:34 pm »

Ouch, but i'm sure they will sort it

Really all those x-mas weapons should be server wiped, was a cool idea at the time, but outdated now, as real UW's pretty much a requirement
Just my 2 cents =)

Chief

I wasn't a fan of them at the time, as I was working my ass off for my UW and someone got a Goblin UW a few levels higher than mine without even starting their UW quest.  When I got that bow on my Paladin I just shrugged and left it in my ranged for the stats until I replaced it around T10.

I also noticed under my completed quests that the Qvic Quest is in there.  If it's a single time completion quest, if it can be removed from Pallywin's quest log that might do the trick too.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:18:48 pm »

Right now I'm sitting here thinking, "Huh, I probably should have posted something saying that the essence quests aren't repeatable because I had something similar happen on my rogue".
I would say to email Akkadius. I had deleted a UW1 to get one of those Christmas weapons when it was happening and never really got one that was worth anything. I had to ask Akka to do something about the quest and when he looked into it the server showed me as having had a UW7 already because I had gotten one of those goblin weapons and shortly afterwards destroyed it because it wasn't better than the strike augs. In the end he gave me a #claim for UW7 and I deleted all the items I had farmed to get up to UW7.

tldr; Akka was nice to me and fixxed the issue for me, and we need to put nice big warnings on the guides about the essence quests not being repeatable.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 03:21:22 am »

we need to put nice big warnings on the guides about the essence quests not being repeatable.

Good idea, have added a note to UW creation on the Wiki, it's just a rough one, so feel free to reword if needed =)

Chief

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678