Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:00:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Starting a second group  (Read 6672 times)
MAXIMUM_SWEAT

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2018, 06:05:56 pm »

Hi all - I last played nearly 4 years ago and have a group in Anguish to I believe start the Epic 6.0 quests.

My group is Warrior, 2 Paladins, Monk, Bard, and Cleric.  Reading through some recent posts this seems like overkill on heals...  I've also read that starting where I left off is a good point to make a 2nd group for the extra needed boss DPS.  One of my Paladin accounts also has a similarly geared Necro on it, might need to take it through Abyss if I'm remembering correctly.

So, since getting everything all up and running again has proven to be pretty overwhelming (all my macros and spells need to be re-done) I'm thinking that I should start a 2nd group and get the hang of everything over again before venturing forth and finding myself low on DPS.

Since my original group looks to be low on DPS I'm thinking something like - War, Zerk, Zerk, Druid/Shaman (?), Necro, Rogue.  Since I already have 2 Paladins and a Cleric I was looking for more support in the Druid or Shaman for when the groups come together... not sure if this will be a pain when trying to level up.  Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:16:44 pm by MAXIMUM_SWEAT » Logged
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 01:37:47 am »

Definitely add a Necro. Their Death spells are great DPS.

Also, adding a buff group wouldnt hurt at all. A druid, cleric, shammy and an occassional chanter would do wonder for your raid.

As for added melee DPS, I would go with just one of each (zerk, monk, rogue). Well thats just me, and I like variety =)

Others would have their own take on this at well =)

Good luck!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 03:31:56 pm »

Say what you want but I would rather have too much healing than not enough! Especially coming back after 4 years you probably don't have a maxxed RoA or SoA....so for the time being you may find the extra heals help cushion you a bit.  As for dps second group....druid/shaman/necro/zerker/zerker/zerker......that way you can have the buffs you will be lacking and added dps....once you get higher up you can move one of your two paladins into this group and move the zerker into your main group (once your tank can take an extra beating) I would also possibly recommend another warrior just in case your MT goes down you can switch over to your backup....this way you can possibly survive a wipe.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
blumblum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 10:23:35 am »

My 2 cents

You have enough healing, and can spare 1 paladin for your second group.
You miss DPS.
Going single target is not worth it.
AOE all the way.

Mandatory : 4 AOE classes : mix of Zerk or Necro
Quality of life : drood regen will greatly help your war to do massive pull

buff classes : you can live without sham (hp buff) or ench (dps buff).
you already got a cleric (hp buff)

Be carefull : levelling at once too many of the same class, or same armor type - class (plate/chain/leather...) is a lot  more painfull / time consuming....you will waste a lot of drops, and regrets it, sometimes.

so i would go 4 AOE, 1 drood, 1 single DPS (rogue), put one of these in your main group, so you have a spot for a paladin.

MAXIMUM_SWEAT

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 06:43:52 pm »

Thanks guys !
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:17 pm »

Been a while since I played, so guys please correct me if my info is dated:

I'd drop the bard from G1 and either shelve it or add to G2. Put shaman in G1 with warrior, and add a zerker to G1 for their group buffs. Then necro and zerk the hell out of G2, maybe add a druid to the pally to help with heals and toss regen and drake to take the edge off heavier hitters and big pulls later. You'll also want druid for hp buffs.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 05:05:14 am »

To say you can live without the shaman cause all they supply is a hp buff shows lack of knowledge. Yes they have a nice hp buff but if you couple their slow buff with druid regen it makes pulls in T10 a lot more beaarable

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 08:59:35 am »

What Orth said. Devs and players who helped design then tweak later elements of the EZ server tried to bring back a bit of the subtlety and complexity of the game, and in some ways succeeded. Which is good, because for a long time EZ was, "Me makes lots of boxes, then hits things with big sticks til they die!" It can still be that way, and a lot of the players do seem to adopt that style of play, but looking at what each class can contribute beyond giving and directly taking DPS can make a huge difference.

The trick on EZ is figuring out what those contributions are, how they best work for you and how to make em work from your controlling character using MQ2.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 04:17:52 pm »

Make a druid, shaman, zerk, zerk, monk, warrior imo.

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 06:09:46 am »

hey, i run mainly 12box with / Warrior Cleric Paladin Rogue Zerker Monk , Paladin Druid Shaman Necromancer Magier and Bard ...

Rajunn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 03:21:35 pm »

I'm in a similar situation. I've been an on again off again player for a while. Haven't progressed into actual tiers yet. Seems that gearing 12 man group from the beginning has been challenging. If I'm going to stick with 2 groups, I figured I might as well optimize them. Currently running:

Group 1 - warrior, zerker, zerker, pally, rogue, druid
Group 2 - monk, bard, enchanter, mage, shaman, cleric

Any recommendations on switching characters around would be appreciated. From this thread, seemed I missed the boat on necros (and the wikis may need some updates. Seems necros are much better now than what their pages are letting on). All of those characters are geared the same. Working on armor sets from cazic thule.

Thanks to all the long time players for the constant advice.
blastfamy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 11:12:04 am »

I'm in a similar situation. I've been an on again off again player for a while. Haven't progressed into actual tiers yet. Seems that gearing 12 man group from the beginning has been challenging. If I'm going to stick with 2 groups, I figured I might as well optimize them. Currently running:

Group 1 - warrior, zerker, zerker, pally, rogue, druid
Group 2 - monk, bard, enchanter, mage, shaman, cleric

Any recommendations on switching characters around would be appreciated. From this thread, seemed I missed the boat on necros (and the wikis may need some updates. Seems necros are much better now than what their pages are letting on). All of those characters are geared the same. Working on armor sets from cazic thule.

Thanks to all the long time players for the constant advice.

I would drop the monk and make another pally for group 2.  The pally group healing cant be beat but you dont want to lose your cleric buff. Monk really doesnt add to the team since your pulling on your warrior with 3.0 epic anyway and 2handed uw is going to be your eventual goal on every toon that hits a mob.
Rajunn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 11:41:29 am »

Thanks. I was leaning toward that, so it's settled. I plan on dropping the mage for a necro as well. Looking forward to trying this out.

Otto

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 11:54:44 am »

My advice is to run more than 1 necro. I know redundency is somewhat frowned upon because of loot distribution, but they are powerhouses late-game.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 01:09:04 pm »

I'm surprised I don't see people saying to drop the bard.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)