Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:54:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: T11  (Read 21255 times)
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 09:13:49 am »

I disagree with the cost per.  Instances should always follow waypoint guidelines.   Free, if you have it.

Agreed or why did i buy the fwp, same with summon raid clickies.

Free Waypoint v2! Combine 10 Free Waypoints in your magic box to create. The v2 will even make free T10 instances!

ummm no ty

Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »

Washing some ideas through the guild this weekend on T11. Should have some juicy bits up early next week, when I can make the post not read like a excited 12yr olds christmas wish list.
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 11:45:43 am »

Thanks go out to  Gumboo/Devoure/Hardtime/Seego/Arkain/Kuatank/Ripscale/Zert for their ideas, feedback, and complaints that helped shape this T11 concept.

Great Divide(T10.5) Kael Drakkel(T11)Plane of Mischief(T10.5Exp)

Great Divide (T10.5)
Trash mob levels 81 bosses 83+

We quest three factions from three camps,  Dwarves/Giants/Dragons working progression quests similar to T10 and Abyss. Kill X amount of mob types and X amount named bosses, triggered  from timers/random trash kills/kill all. Any one of these 3 faction quest-lines upon completion, unlocks access to the Kael Drakkel zone.
          Each faction has  a quested item. Ranged from Dragons, Belt from Giants and Ring from Dwarves.  Each of these quest-lines become available on completion of their respective faction, could be a multi-tiered item with each quest upgrading the previous version to a more powerful level.(Maybe a item that grows like an old LDON Charm from completion of faction quests?)

Bosses in Great divide drop armor slot specific T10.5 augs  that fit into the slot 25 hp augs in T10 armor and also fit in a new aug slot type 26 on UA  armor. Keeping UA armor ahead of T10 but allowing a path to survival for partial UA alts. Some kind of new accessory quest drop like your T10 bandit crystals, dropping from only certain mob camps.(Maybe a coldain ring event that drops random accessory pieces?)

Plane of Mischief(T10.5 Exp)
Trash mobs 80 bosses 82+

Instance for helping partial UA  geared folks get ready for Kael Drakkel content.  Bosses can rare drop hive shards with Bristlebane (always? 50% chance?) of dropping 1 gss. Should require full UA warrior to tank Bristlebane. Will need a long lockout period probably 5 days or longer,  to prevent making this a easier path to gss over T10 farming.

Kael Drakkel(T11)
Trash mobs 82+ Bosses 84+

(Boss drops for illustration purposes)

Dungeon crawl. Trash respawns fairly quickly, mob types have different abilities heavy healing and damage debuffs, timed DT abilities, AE feign death on players(sorry had to keep this idea), AE high Damage spells/dots, Wild Rampage, etc.  Basically abilities you dont want to effect your raid at the same time to discourage mass pulls and easy clearings. Trash and bosses can drop essences.  

King Tormax drops your helm/arm T11 augment upgrades. Derakor The Vindicator drops your T11 wrist upgrade. The Rallos Zek statue drops hand/feet  augment upgrades. Additional named can drop accessory pieces to upgrade your T10.5 accessorys to T11. AoW can drop your T11  Leg/Chest augment upgrades, T11 epic books and always 2? 3? essences.

Revamped bosses should be very difficult, thinking like a juiced up blazeclaw with adds spawning that fade agro and run around to random toons.

Full T11 Augments and 11.0 epic required for level 80 flag.

UCv4
Quest  to loot named giant head drops from Kael Drakkel  named, similar to anguish style uc2. Requires multiple turn-ins for each named head.  Drop rate not 100% chance.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:00:52 pm by Warrchar » Logged
Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 11:40:05 am »

That's a great write-up, Warrchar. I do like the idea of using some older zones. Maybe it is the sheer size or just since they are newer zones, but in LP, OC, and sunderock, I take a severe performance hit. I turn things down but the settings usually reset at some point.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 03:51:33 am »

Would also be nice if the NPCs in the new tier didn't attack each other, like the different races do now in Sunderock and Old Commonlands.

GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 10:45:53 am »

I disagree with the cost per.  Instances should always follow waypoint guidelines.   Free, if you have it.

Would also be nice if the NPCs in the new tier didn't attack each other, like the different races do now in Sunderock and Old Commonlands.

These
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 08:40:52 pm »

The reason for lack of free instances in T10 was an attempt at artificially forcing grouping. Will let you all decide on whether or not it worked or was worth it.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 01:51:21 am »

I've played on EZ since 2009 and it has always been a boxing server where you can conquer the content alone. This should never change in my opinion. That's not to say one shouldn't gain benefits from working together. Most people I've seen in T10 do the content solo, or perhaps dragging some friend along for free faction kills, I would not say that it has revolutionized the way we play on EZ, but I guess in a way it has promoted some sort of team play, which is fine with me.

So I'd like to see focus on solo boxing when creating new content first and foremost, with perhaps some added bonuses and benefits for teaming up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:15 am by Sarthin » Logged

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 08:55:21 pm »

I am all in for something in Kael Drakkel. Loved that zone due to the giants trodding around and it was perfect to me even on Live because they hit hard and felt like a challenge. I think that they would make a great addition to the mobs we already encounter in the game, especially for T11.
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:23 pm »

I've played on EZ since 2009 and it has always been a boxing server where you can conquer the content alone.

Maybe in 2009 it was just transitioning to that point, but it was in fact created as a raid server. Members of Order of Sin, or Berlin Crime would single or 2 box. The 6 boxing shift didn't happen until around the revamp of Tier2 from Anguish to Plane of Storms.

I think focusing on a 6-character team would be amazing, but that's just because i grew tired of feeling like I needed 18+ once I started to grow past Tier 7.

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 08:57:59 am »

It's a tough balance.  Would be nice if it's doable with 6, granted, don't want to make it too easy for people with 18 either.  Myself being a 6 boxer, understand that it should probably take at least 4 or 5 UW12s, obviously full UA and everything else on the MT.  I'm working towards 6 UW12's of course, but that's gonna take several months the way i play.  I'll be interested in seeing if I can take out the HW boss at that point.  If he's an indicator of possible T11 bosses, then i'll have to decide whether i can try to setup for more toons or call it at t10, and just mess around occasionally, which is ok too.  It's been fun playing here for the past 10 years and will continue to be i'm sure.  Took me forever to break into t10 with my 6 crew, should take at least equally as long to t11 i'd think, but hopefully doable!
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 09:35:10 am »

It's a tough balance.  Would be nice if it's doable with 6, granted, don't want to make it too easy for people with 18 either.  Myself being a 6 boxer, understand that it should probably take at least 4 or 5 UW12s, obviously full UA and everything else on the MT.  I'm working towards 6 UW12's of course, but that's gonna take several months the way i play.  I'll be interested in seeing if I can take out the HW boss at that point.  If he's an indicator of possible T11 bosses, then i'll have to decide whether i can try to setup for more toons or call it at t10, and just mess around occasionally, which is ok too.  It's been fun playing here for the past 10 years and will continue to be i'm sure.  Took me forever to break into t10 with my 6 crew, should take at least equally as long to t11 i'd think, but hopefully doable!

I think it would be fair to say that it should be possible to do the T11 content with 6 well equipped boxes (top UW and UA gear)
The added bonus of having more toons would be to kill stuff faster, safer and more efficient.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 09:45:31 pm »

Agreed or why did i buy the fwp, same with summon raid clickies.

Free Waypoint v2! Combine 10 Free Waypoints in your magic box to create. The v2 will even make free T10 instances!

ummm no ty

Try to keep in context that T10 was initially done completely different and by someone else at the time with a lot of different ideas at the time

The idea with T10 is that instances will become free when the next tier is available. There is a lot that was meant to be a gut-check with T10 originally that was very much lowered or made more reasonable with the massive revamp

Whether or not later tiers will follow the same paradigm of not being "free" is to be decided but all design decisions made especially with T10 revamp have all been in favor of enjoyment of the game without making progression extremely trivial

Originally, pre-revamp, T10 was not meant to be instanced, at all. It was originally designed to be one public zone in which all things available to the zone are equal, fair play and up to players to come together to overpower obstacles

Obviously along with our revamp, a lot of things drastically changed and that included offering the option to at least have a few public instanced zones, which we ultimately opened it up to folks being able to create their own for a cost

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »

Assuming there are no technical hurdles... I’d really like to see T11 in an old world zone like innothule swamp or sleeper. Swamp would be good since it’s connected to Guk and we still need Guk for FG. Not a remake of an old world zone like old commons, but an actual old world zone. It’s better for performance, and we have enough custom zones from newer content. I like the T10 model of having one pub zone and then instances cost $$. I think pub should have a special boss ala ancient dragon which takes an army to kill. I’d suggest you go with more HP / nukes and less rampage this time around. The insta raid kills are never fun, just annoying, but losing single toons to dd is fun - and when MT goes down that’s it. New Halloween does this well apart from trees (it just makes them no fun to kill). Lewt must be Uber, but I’d like to see a trend towards more Uber items dropping for non-MT toons as well (blazing earring+ comes to mind) - it would be nice if we had a zone specifically designed to boost caster and support DPS. Maybe ultimate augment upgrade tokens or something to get our asses out of mindless noob mini dungeons? Please no weapon quest or 1,000 kill count quests - if we want a time sink I much prefer the T5 model of boss kills.

TLDR: old world zone and old world npcs (elite moss snakes and frogloks), t5 boss kill model, good DPS-related drops for non-MT toons as well maybe another source for ultimate augs (or maybe ultimate armor augs *wink wink*), no crazy rampage - stick to brutal dds. T10 instancing model.

Assuming there are no technical hurdles... I’d really like to see T11 in an old world zone like innothule swamp or sleeper. Swamp would be good since it’s connected to Guk and we still need Guk for FG. Not a remake of an old world zone like old commons, but an actual old world zone.

Nothing wrong with old world considerations as long as it makes sense for us to include in whatever it is. Dungeon crawler expedition content is a lot easier to fit easy and repeatable "Mission style" content into this paradigm as you can pluck out any zone and set a very story context pretty easily and use it how you want

It’s better for performance, and we have enough custom zones from newer content. I like the T10 model of having one pub zone and then instances cost $$

I think this decision will ultimately weigh on how the layout of the content is zone wise

I think pub should have a special boss ala ancient dragon which takes an army to kill. I’d suggest you go with more HP / nukes and less rampage this time around. The insta raid kills are never fun, just annoying, but losing single toons to dd is fun - and when MT goes down that’s it. New Halloween does this well apart from trees (it just makes them no fun to kill). Lewt must be Uber, but I’d like to see a trend towards more Uber items dropping for non-MT toons as well (blazing earring+ comes to mind) - it would be nice if we had a zone specifically designed to boost caster and support DPS. Maybe ultimate augment upgrade tokens or something to get our asses out of mindless noob mini dungeons? Please no weapon quest or 1,000 kill count quests - if we want a time sink I much prefer the T5 model of boss kills.

I don't have a problem with 1k kill quests as long as there is enough to break things up. Grinds are only worthwhile when there is really something to work towards, but it helps to break that up along the way.

So what I'm hearing from this is maybe a rotation of raid mobs that are public contest? One of the things that comes to mind immediately is how annoyed players will be about having to fight over spawn rotations. PvP in Overthere as a public contested example has never been anything but a pain in the ass for so many people involved. I think this is one of those things where the idea versus the reality with our content model may not play out all that well but I'm open to hear what others think about this subject

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 10:06:38 pm »

truncated...

TLDR/Suggestions:
*Chain spawning bosses mechanism like HW zone
*Action messages and effects
*Various armor sets are fine as long as they give a clear benefit to different classes.
*Wild rampages or effects that wipe the entire crew on a regular basis should be avoided. If not alltogether, at least once you have geared up resistances and armor pieces.
*Less announcement spam unless it's a major event.
*More focus on gaining a benefit by building up resistances.
*A final boss in the new tier.
*Smart mechanics that keeps you on your toes and work strategies and abilities to counter.
*Quest for a high speed mount.
*Quest for an item for Power source slot.
*Quest for an augment that you can keep upgrading for higher heroic stats.
*UW13 (with 1 slot for strike augments, like the Mixlor club that HW end boss drops)
*No water zones or too many tight areas.
*Instanced version as well as a hub of the new tier.
*Preview of quest rewards.

That's what I can think of at the moment. Will update when more stuff pops to mind.

Lots of good points made in this post, thanks for putting it together Sarthin. We take note of all of this stuff when drumming things up

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678