Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:32:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Include file for building Heroic Resists  (Read 5867 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2019, 09:15:30 pm »

Heroic resists are a tedious but necessary evil to maximize your character's effectiveness at lower levels and carrying into higher tiers as well.  I'm guessing players figure out that you can combine 2 Stones of Heroic Resistance of the same rank together to make a single subsequent rank for the next higher tier.  What people may or may not know is that combining 2 stones at a time kinda sucks the life out of your mouse finger and Hateborne made it possible to do larger stone combines...you can put 8 stones of the same rank in the magic box and combine them to get a stone 3 tiers higher.  If you're farming a zone that you see Stone of Heroic Resistance V drop with some frequency, you can combine 8 of them in the magic box to get a Stone of Heroic Resistance VIII.  You still have to do a lot of mouse clicking to facilitate that though.  Some people leave the magic box in their top bag slot so the first 8 stones they loot are already there and they can hit combine.  That's far too proactive for me and I tend to loot other miscellaneous items here and there while looting stones, so I made some logic to do the legwork for me.

HeroicResists.inc is an include file you can add to your macro to access the logic it contains.  What you do is tell it what rank of stones to hunt for in your inventory with an /echo command.  Once it sees your request, it opens all your bags and hunts through your inventory evaluating bag slots.  If you don't have a magic box, it tells you and exits the logic, but if it sees the magic box it counts how many matching Stones of Heroic Resistance you have for the specified rank in it (if any), counts up the matching stones in your other bag slots and counts up empty slots in both the magic box and other bags.  If it sees that there is enough room to swap junk out of your magic box and stones into it, it will clean out the magic box and swap stones into it until it runs out of stones or there are 8 in the magic box.  At that point it should just tell you that it's finished swapping stuff around and if you have 8 in the magic box it tells you to combine them.  Yes, this could be automated, but I figure the tradeoff of all the swapping in and out of crap has to be at least one user initiated command.  

I wrote it specifically for the mqemulator.net compile, but I use a more current compile so anyone testing it out should post here with issues they encounter.  Download the file from the sharelink posted below , drop it in your Macros sub folder in your MQ2 directory and in if you're using EZMac for the EZLoot logic, you just need to add another line in the #include section.  The section should look something like:

#Event Stuff "Things"
  #Event OtherStuff "OtherThings"

#include EZLoot.inc
  #include HeroicResists.inc              <--- The new line goes here

Sub Main
    /dothis
    |
    |

Sharelink below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPxDdwyAVvSBgJhceFKJmjn1gm1ala-1/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 08:13:31 am by Draca » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:19:33 am »

That is pretty cool, I bet your clicking finger thanked you, now you can use it to pick your nose more often $$

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 04:26:59 am »

so as some stones are stackable now, does this still work? and if so: can you please tell me how it works?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 11:56:10 am »

It is easily doable, just requires a few additional considerations. The logic is already there it just needs to be modified. If I have some time this weekend I will look into it.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 12:27:50 pm »

Ah great. You‘re the man!
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 11:20:09 am »

It is easily doable, just requires a few additional considerations. The logic is already there it just needs to be modified. If I have some time this weekend I will look into it.

Found some time yet? Got 3 bags of 512 Xs waiting lol
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 06:22:26 pm »

Sounds like a great way to test it! If I can hop on I'll look for you.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 03:47:03 pm »

Seems like we always miss each other .. damn different time zones
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 10:40:03 pm »

For what it is worth, you can just hold CTRL while running the macro and it'll work fine.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 02:32:09 am »

Well this is cool thx. If someone could explain to me how the macro works would be great. Then I could test it

Is there a way to autofill a magic box with 10 stones (one stone per slot) somehow? Would be faster to take 2 stones out of every box than putting 8 stones inside the box one by one …

At least as long as I am too stupid to understand the macro
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:35:32 am by wachna » Logged
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 10:36:23 am »

it finds a magic box, empties it to other slots in your inventory and then moves 8 stones into it for you to hit combine.

If you don't hold CTRL it will get stuck when it finds a stack and not work.

If you hold CTRL it will run, put 8 stones in the magic box for you (8 is the required amount for a bulk upgrade, 10 won't work)
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 12:41:43 pm »

Yeah I know that is why I made 6 boxes with 512 stones (8x8x8) to get me a 19.

So lets say all my boxes in my inv are empty. I put 64 stones into the first box. I start the macro and hold ctrl. Will it put 8 stones in 8 different boxes?

And if so: what command do I have to type in for dimurs macro to run?
Or is there another macro you referring to?
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 06:41:24 pm »

It can only pull 1 stone from each stack, so stick 8 stacks of 100 of them in your bag, you just need box with free slots, it'll try to make a box with free slots if you don't have one.

the command to run it is /echo findmy rank X   

replace x with whichever rank you're ranking up.

hold ctrl, run that, it'll fill up a box with 8 of them, click combine and click macro again, it'll put the gem somewhere for you and fill it again, repeat until done.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 08:08:02 pm »

I was refactoring a more elegant solution but if it just needs ctrl key for now, that's an easy add
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 01:23:43 am »

It can only pull 1 stone from each stack, so stick 8 stacks of 100 of them in your bag, you just need box with free slots, it'll try to make a box with free slots if you don't have one.

the command to run it is /echo findmy rank X  

replace x with whichever rank you're ranking up.

hold ctrl, run that, it'll fill up a box with 8 of them, click combine and click macro again, it'll put the gem somewhere for you and fill it again, repeat until done.

Ok I think I understand what to do. Will try that tomorrow :-)
Thx a lot man

Edit:
Ok it works. It fills up 1 magic box with 8 stones. That is cool Smiley
Is it possible to let it run until it has filled up every magic box with 8 free spaces? That would be perfect
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:31:51 am by wachna » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678