Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:58:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Site Migration  (Read 6221 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2019, 04:03:03 am »

The next few days I will be doing a long laundry list of OS, VM and hardware upgrades. The site has been migrated onto new hardware and if you notice any issues please report them here

EZ Server itself will be staged soon for not only a migration but a host update as well

Stay tuned for announcements around New Years events

EZ Server GM
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 09:52:11 am »

The next few days I will be doing a long laundry list of OS, VM and hardware upgrades. The site has been migrated onto new hardware and if you notice any issues please report them here

EZ Server itself will be staged soon for not only a migration but a host update as well

Stay tuned for announcements around New Years events

/excited

Will be awesome when the site is fully migrated - I guess you working behind the scene explains some of the symptoms that has been going around /ooc the past week.

Personally I've noticed :

- Spontaneous lagspikes, some short and over before they begun, and some lasting a lot longer (while ping statistics to the server looks spotless and fine)
- A fair number of World-zone disconnects
- The daily reboot that has been going on lately, I guess that also has its reasons
- An old issue seems to have returned, I been getting a fair number of "zone unavilable" when first logging in, or zoning into a zone which has been put in idle-state, usually zoning a 2nd toon into the zone helps.

Anyway, I am excited to hear you're working your magic behind the curtain, and looking very much forward to when we're settled in our new home.

Thanks Akka, I know everyone in our little community appreciates the time and effort you and Rent put into keeping us floating o/

//Ekiir

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:59 pm »

You're making quite a fair amount of assumptions there

First

Spontaneous lagspikes, some short and over before they begun, and some lasting a lot longer (while ping statistics to the server looks spotless and fine)

A fair number of World-zone disconnects

This can be pinpointed to a specific instance where your friendly botters on the server have been occupying 1 toon spread out across 16-20 zone instances, macroing zone pulls, subsequently lagging the server out to the point where the rest of the server has been suffering from this. I've been automatically killing instances where this exists and will be addressing said botters (you know who you are); and I've not had adequate time to really address the situation as I've been neck deep in work and then leading hard into the holidays which have been very busy for me and always is when you do a lot to support your family, sprinkle an emergency room visit for your grandmother in there as well

The daily reboot that has been going on lately, I guess that also has its reasons

Yep, pretty much for the above reasons, we have folks who seem to think that leaving AFK macros on overnight is ok. There's no reason EZ can't be online for months at a time without reboot

Thanks Akka, I know everyone in our little community appreciates the time and effort you and Rent put into keeping us floating o/

Of course, EZ isn't going anywhere <3

EZ Server GM
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 07:48:35 pm »

Im out of town akka but id like the correct email to send in a instance creation bug. Its allowing the creation of unlimited number of solo instances on the same toon
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 09:17:57 pm »

Ban the botters IP
LadySaph

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 02:32:05 am »

I was farming Anguish for UC2s. When I ported back to nexus with the group I suddenly had no more armor on my war (and only him): his inv was completely empty  - only money was still there.  Huh
Fortunately after relogging his armor was back, but imagine my panic ....
Is this issue connected to the new site migration or is it caused by other reasons and how can I solve them?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 03:33:43 am »

I was farming Anguish for UC2s. When I ported back to nexus with the group I suddenly had no more armor on my war (and only him): his inv was completely empty  - only money was still there.  Huh
Fortunately after relogging his armor was back, but imagine my panic ....
Is this issue connected to the new site migration or is it caused by other reasons and how can I solve them?

This could be related to Rent making changes while the server is active, sometimes that can cause a transient issue like this

EZ Server GM
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 11:36:43 am »

Those poor poor botter guilds, slavin away all night long. Just buy some ez credits and farm some triple loot for a couple hours every few days.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 08:09:57 pm »

This can be pinpointed to a specific instance where your friendly botters on the server have been occupying 1 toon spread out across 16-20 zone instances, macroing zone pulls, subsequently lagging the server out to the point where the rest of the server has been suffering from this. I've been automatically killing instances where this exists and will be addressing said botters (you know who you are); and I've not had adequate time to really address the situation as I've been neck deep in work and then leading hard into the holidays which have been very busy for me and always is when you do a lot to support your family, sprinkle an emergency room visit for your grandmother in there as well

Why don't we ever "out" these friendly botters publicly? Would be nice to know as I am sure not many people would be willing to do trades, etc. with these people....or better yet why not ban them outright? Better to be shot of people like this than to have people who screw the ENTIRE server over!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 03:30:41 pm »

Why don't we ever "out" these friendly botters publicly? Would be nice to know as I am sure not many people would be willing to do trades, etc. with these people....or better yet why not ban them outright? Better to be shot of people like this than to have people who screw the ENTIRE server over!

To what end?

EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 05:19:51 pm »

To what end?

So we know who is doing it and maybe people not buying/trading from these people will limit people from trying to do this for profit.  Ultimately it effects the server economy negatively.

Dolien

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 04:14:16 pm »

To what end?

So we know who is doing it and maybe people not buying/trading from these people will limit people from trying to do this for profit.  Ultimately it effects the server economy negatively.

Humans are also social creatures. Public shame has been shown to be an effective rehabilitation tool and deterrent. Heck, Buff Bot shouts out your name (right before she kills you) if you spam her too much. Publicly outing botters is just an extension of this same line of reasoning.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 04:28:45 pm »

To what end?

So we know who is doing it and maybe people not buying/trading from these people will limit people from trying to do this for profit.  Ultimately it effects the server economy negatively.

Humans are also social creatures. Public shame has been shown to be an effective rehabilitation tool and deterrent. Heck, Buff Bot shouts out your name (right before she kills you) if you spam her too much. Publicly outing botters is just an extension of this same line of reasoning.
Exactly! Kinda like people who are jailed being in the newspaper under the Arrest Report.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 08:20:34 pm »

To what end?

Exactly! Kinda like people who are jailed being in the newspaper under the Arrest Report.

I hear ya; I've got something on the list for this similar to what we did before with the jail

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 8678