Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:03:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Code Update 2020  (Read 14836 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:10:58 pm »

Greetings everyone!

This update consists of two major elements, we're updating EZ to the past year and a half of EQEmulator code changes, most of which can be found here at EQEmulator's official change-log in more detail: https://eqemu.gitbook.io/changelog/years/2019

The other piece of this is that we have changed server hardware, the new server should be plenty robust and folks should notice quite a speed improvement when zoning and doing anything on the server. These speed improvements are both because of hardware and a LOT of performance optimizations made into the server code in recent years

The main parts of the code that had massive changes around them we had tested for two weeks on the test server

Notable Positive Updates

• Improved zone times (3-4 seconds in most zones depending on zone size and your connection)
  • Improved server responsiveness across the board
  • Improved mob pathing, roam-box pathing, general mob pathing movement updates should be far smoother
  • Two additional top level inventory slots
  • Many stability improvements, crash fixes

Test Server Testing (Post Update)

• Combat (damage should be improved if anything) Done
  • Factions, interactions with factions, quests in both T9 and T10 Done
  • Task functionality Done
  • Interaction with items Done
  • Expedition functionality Done

We had several people who were kind to donate their time to relieve a lot of the issue that did not make it to the day of the migration. These testers were Dimurwar, Ekiir, Tobin, Icestriker, Lillya, Samatron, Dracawarrior, Adoptedmonk, Xkan and a handful of others, my apologies if I'm forgetting others or if I mentioned you twice

Changelog (Post Update)

• Fixed an issue where certain tasks were not progressing correctly due to task behavior changes in the code update
  • Fixed an issue regarding character factions as they had not been displaying properly due to the update
  • Resolved an issue where some characters were missing factions entirely
  • EZ Help Menu will now display when a player first connects initially
  • Nuwferus MacKilligan in T10 now additionally makes sure to see you have the hammer quest complete before attempting to make any armor combines for players
  • Fixed an issue with broken commands due to server update and backend code changes that broke command behavior
  • Fixed the Mask of the Illusionist command functionality

1-12-2020

• Resolved an issue where aggro was not nearly responsive as it should have been when in direct aggro or social npc to npc proximity assist aggro
  • Resolved an issue where NPC's may not be exactly responsive to aggro when just entering a zone for the first few seconds (Reboot)
  • Resolved an issue with claim commands as a result of the update (Reboot)
  • Restored functionality to the website character mover

1-13-2020

• Resolved an issue where folks would request too many unique zones simultaneously and get kicked back out falling from the sky - by increasing our dynamic standby processes

1-14-2020

• Those who had issues with credits missing have had them restored since the migration
  • Gnoll assassins run-speed in T10 has been adjusted to be more inline with other mobs
  • Most in-game command should be fixed again, if any are remaining broke please post them in the 2020 update thread
  • Resolved an issue where freshly spawned NPCs may not behave correctly in terms of aggro

1-20-2020

• Class Inks are now available on the Noobie Merchant
  • Removed class ink from all remaining loot tables
  • Fixed issues where Sleeper named were not operating under proper respawn times

Site Updates

• Character browser has been update to point to the new server and we've also updated our version of Magelo to the most recent, so you should notice some improvements to the UI and display of character data. You may need to clear your cache in order to have things display correctly

We are currently in the process of addressing any issues in-game due to the transition, please respond in thread with any issues that you believe to be related to the transition and we will take a look at them one at a time. Once transition issues are settled there are plans to go through the Broken Stuff Repair Shop

Once we get past said issues and the dust has settled we should be able to get an event going for folks

If you are having character issues please send an E-Mail to ezserveronline@gmail.com

Thanks everyone for your patience ahead of time

The EZ Server Team
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:01:07 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 06:38:45 am »

I think I can speak for everyone in thanking you for all the work you put into this server change, the performance improvements were immediately noticeable. Most players, myself included, don't really think about what it takes on the back end of project like EZ Server, we just want shiny new zones to play with. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for the time you spend on the back end coding and tools, for our server as well as EQEmu, that keeps our little world turning.

I will admit, I don't understand what exactly has changed in the various systems and code within the game, but through the changes, you've listened to player concerns about specific zones that were considerably harder than they were, Sunderock being a prime example, and instead of stubbornly holding to your opinion about it, you've tuned it to a reasonable level, based on your feelings, and input of players. This willingness to listen and compromise is all we can hope for from our Lead GM/Tech Guy/Coder Dude, and is definitely not the norm for game server admins.

Again, thank you.

Drac

So....that event you mentioned.....what days should I plan on being 'sick'?

Also, since it relates to the server changes, Kildrukaun in Sleepers no longer casts his damage reduction debuff, ever. He used to incessantly spam it. This happened as soon as server changed over last night.

spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:48:54 am »

Been poking at sleepers a few times poped in today and the damage seems to of gone up quite some. guess ill need more healing and dps lol
Quarto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 08:13:16 am »

I turned in the Qvic coins on my monk to Audyin before server shutdown with no issues. Was able to hail the level up wench and grab my 71.

When server came back, I tried to do the same on my rogue (Ramburglar).  I had the quest active and turned in one at a time as I always do.
Audyin thanked me for the proof as I turned in each one. I did not get the quest completion dialogue on the last one and hit ALT-Q to see if i missed one. The
task screen showed that I never turned any of them in.
Tried rezoning and relogging to no effect. 
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:14:17 am »

Im seeing a big change to how the t10 mobs are agroing when trying to pull. They seem to be acting like they can not see my warrior unless he is standing directly on top of the mob.  They also do not seem to be linking together if say, I have 4-5 gnolls and they pass by another few gnolls as I pull they will add about 50% of time.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 11:58:52 am »

After some additional play this morning, it seems like mobs agro radius' are very inconsistent, almost to the point that they are completely non-responsive for several seconds. For example, in Sleeper, the warder's would typically agro as soon as you get on/near their square platform edges, now they sometimes do, most of the times don't, and when they don't agro, they don't seem to be able to be attacked for several seconds either, nor do taunts work on them.

EDIT
After a quick test, this seems to have something to do with some kind of 'timeout' when popping in from another instance. If you are in the zone for a bit, they agro as they should, but if you are instance hopping, and zone in, and immediately try to engage, they will not react to anything for several seconds. I believe Dewphrane said something similar this morning about OC mobs not being KOS when he zoned in, but they turned KOS after 10 seconds or so.

Damage in Sleeper seems ok, perhaps a bit more spiky than previous, but survivable as before.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:06:54 pm by Draca » Logged

neccos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 02:24:09 pm »

an FYI just tried the Sunder expedition had mobs popping thru the floor and walls
Quarto

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 02:36:06 pm »

How about the character mover?

Turned the wrong way in Befallen and my necro zoned to W Commons. Tried character mover since it kept crashing that character. Correct capitalization, just get errors when I try.

Looks like he gets a vacation.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 08:23:45 pm »

1-12-2020

• Resolved an issue where aggro was not nearly responsive as it should have been when in direct aggro or social npc to npc proximity assist aggro
  • Resolved an issue where NPC's may not be exactly responsive to aggro when just entering a zone for the first few seconds (Reboot)
  • Resolved an issue with claim commands as a result of the update (Reboot)
  • Restored functionality to the website character mover

EZ Server GM
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 08:27:08 pm »

May have found something with the huge backstab death increase seems these mobs are running at double speed now cant run away once agroed wondering if this was intentional ? Zug was that way too so far (although not a backstabber) was right on me upon turning around wasn't that way before had a little speed edge.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:46:42 pm by neccos » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 12:00:55 pm »

1-13-2020

• Resolved an issue where folks would request too many unique zones simultaneously and get kicked back out falling from the sky - by increasing our dynamic standby processes

EZ Server GM
Drachen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »

Fighting the named in Sunderock that spawn adds keeps killing my characters.  The adds wander around at first, then go immediately for my non warrior characters.  This also seems to be a problem with the plagueborn.

Also, is the run speed increase / warping going to be addressed for gnoll assassins in t10?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:46:45 pm by Drachen » Logged
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 03:20:57 pm »

Missing ezcredits for my accounts that had them before the move. Is that something I should send an email for or is there some like ezcredit data copy over thing to fix all accounts at once.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »

Fighting the named in Sunderock that spawn adds keeps killing my characters.  The adds wander around at first, then go immediately for my non warrior characters.  This also seems to be a problem with the plagueborn.

Also, is the run speed increase / warping going to be addressed for gnoll assassins in t10?

Is there a run speed increase noticed in all zones or just T10?

Missing ezcredits for my accounts that had them before the move. Is that something I should send an email for or is there some like ezcredit data copy over thing to fix all accounts at once.

Please send an E-Mail to ezserveronline@gmail.com as noted in the original post

May have found something with the huge backstab death increase seems these mobs are running at double speed now cant run away once agroed wondering if this was intentional ? Zug was that way too so far (although not a backstabber) was right on me upon turning around wasn't that way before had a little speed edge.

Run speed has been noted and will be looked into

After some additional play this morning, it seems like mobs agro radius' are very inconsistent, almost to the point that they are completely non-responsive for several seconds. For example, in Sleeper, the warder's would typically agro as soon as you get on/near their square platform edges, now they sometimes do, most of the times don't, and when they don't agro, they don't seem to be able to be attacked for several seconds either, nor do taunts work on them.

Fixed per reboot and changelog notes

Been poking at sleepers a few times poped in today and the damage seems to of gone up quite some. guess ill need more healing and dps lol

Combat is more accurate, but should be mostly inline with how it was previously

I turned in the Qvic coins on my monk to Audyin before server shutdown with no issues. Was able to hail the level up wench and grab my 71.

When server came back, I tried to do the same on my rogue (Ramburglar).  I had the quest active and turned in one at a time as I always do.
Audyin thanked me for the proof as I turned in each one. I did not get the quest completion dialogue on the last one and hit ALT-Q to see if i missed one. The
task screen showed that I never turned any of them in.
Tried rezoning and relogging to no effect.  

If you're still having issues in regards to this please send an E-Mail to ezserveronline@gmail.com with as much screenshots and data as you can provide so we can better assist you

Im seeing a big change to how the t10 mobs are agroing when trying to pull. They seem to be acting like they can not see my warrior unless he is standing directly on top of the mob.  They also do not seem to be linking together if say, I have 4-5 gnolls and they pass by another few gnolls as I pull they will add about 50% of time.

Fixed yesterday per changelog

How about the character mover?

Turned the wrong way in Befallen and my necro zoned to W Commons. Tried character mover since it kept crashing that character. Correct capitalization, just get errors when I try.

Looks like he gets a vacation.

Fixed yesterday per changelog

EZ Server GM
Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 04:34:53 pm »

Yes the run speed of rogue class mobs are seriously increased. To the point they almost keep up with you for 4 or 5 seconds before finally falling behind. Barely have enough time to turn around before they swarm on you. This also is true of Bosses, Basslisk, gnoll assassins, orc death knights, and almost all the sarnak and goblins. Haven't died so many times in Sunderock.

Also in Sunderock Mount: Crack n Crazy Cracker used to just be a buff for 320,000 hp but now it shows up as a mount icon which leaves you stuck in the air unable to move at all.

In Sleeper the dmg on a fully UA is awefully high. And since Sunshards don't drop almost at all, my pally couldn't enter for me to see if he could offset the tremendous amount of damage being dealt.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)