Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:56:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Group2 and Group3 UI windows  (Read 3572 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:46:47 pm »

Despite the fact that it feels like every time I post a piece of code on here, nobody gives a shit enough to offer any type of feedback as to it's usefulness, I'm posting a pic of 2 modified UI files.  Both are in the spirit of the files I posted before, but they are a bit more dynamic and don't require any kind of a set up other than making a new folder in your uifiles subdirectory in your EQ install folder, naming it whatever you want and dropping these 2 files in it.  Once you are in game, you can alt+o and select Load UI Skin and click the name of whatever you called the folder. 

Neither of the 2 files do anything if you aren't in a raid.  Since most people use 2 or 3 groups, these are all I've done modifications for, but they can easily be modified to allow for additional raid members.  These are pretty basic files, they don't offer a lot of glitz and glam, but they should definitely help you keep tabs on all the toons in your raid.  Since it uses the Raid TLO for MQ2, it will allow you to access members of a raid and their spawn properties.  All I have set up is character name, their distance from you, which direction they are in relation to you and their health %.  A few things of note, the distance should be accurate at all times and when the character is more than 200 units from you the text will turn from white to red to indicate that they are out of cast range for normal spells as well as just a general idea that they're not close anymore.  If they aren't in zone, their name will change from white to purple, so if someone dies you can figure out who it was pretty easily.  The direction they are from you should be pretty simple to understand.  Their hit point percent is something that will probably not update on it's own without some user intervention, what this means is that it reads the available spawn data but unless you cycle through and target the toons periodically, it will just display whatever value your client last queried (it asks the server health updates for anything on the target window).  You can either manually cycle through characters periodically or you can make a loop in a macro to do it for you, I mostly only put it on the information window to fill space.

A small screenshot is attached below, if anyone has interests in me putting up a sharelink to download them post here...not going to waste the bandwidth if people aren't going to use it.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:12:24 pm »

Depending on what plugins/compile you have access to, you can query some pretty detailed information.  Here's a pic of my 2nd and 3rd group windows with more stuff enabled, a casting notification if anyone is casting a spell (in this case I just had a bunch of people click their T10 mask to illustrate) and if a toon as a target it is displayed, if a toon is attacking the said target the text is in red. s can b e a bit too crowded for some, but I like seeing anything I don't have to tab over to check.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 03:18:53 pm »

Hey, for what it's worth, I search out your posts every now and then to see what new multi-box goodies you have posted on these forums.

Thank you.
Cayden7553

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:53:08 pm »

Dimur, I'd definitely appreciate you putting up a share link for these files as I would love have this information for my other groups in the raid from my main character.

Thanks!
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »

I'll PM you a share link, let me know if you have issues accessing it.
tazz7777us

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 12:08:27 pm »

Could you please post the link Dim? I sure could use this!
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 03:37:37 pm »

Reddwarf has access to the ui mods I have made and is reviewing them before he puts active links on the wiki.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 08:38:20 am »

For those interested, these have been posted to the Wiki in the Repurposed Window Section
Here - Wiki UI Mods

Thanks Dimur for the links

Chief/Red

Orsic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 07:01:40 pm »

Thank you Dimur and Chief !!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats