Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GSS drop rate broken?  (Read 4968 times)
stales

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:49:16 pm »

Running double loot instance I was getting one about every 15 zone pulls. Now it been 150+ zone pulls during double loot instance and I have seen 1 GSS can someone check to make sure it not been broken with all the updates. Some people will just say it that its bad luck but I know when your doing code update it does get broken sometimes. I ask Akkadius if something had happen to the GSOA drop rate back in early February and he said no. Then a few days later it turns out GSOA's had been broken. If anyone else has notice what I have please comment.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:34 pm »

Cant zone pull T10, but have a fair kill rate, spent many many hours in T10 using DL and TLs and regular instance - not 1 GSS

Looted 4 prior to all the updates. So they do still drop as you are getting some, but man, at this drop rate peeps will never get into sleepers unless they have someone who can zone pull it and has plenty to use up

I have 4 UA pieces on War and have all hammer pieces on other 5 toons, and most pieces on second group, will prob have them after doing gnolls to complete all camp faction quests and pb quest second time

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:28:48 pm by Chieftan » Logged

stales

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 04:37:13 pm »

I zone pull T10 I kill the 3 Jugg and some of the water blob then zone pull the rest. I have done it as quick as 9.5 minutes but most if the time its around 12-13 minutes so I get 10 pulls in 2 hour double loot.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:46:31 pm by stales » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 07:37:44 pm »

Previously posted this in another thread but it contains data points relative to this post.

Just feeding some additional data points in after my previous one, I'll post that one here first just to keep it all together.  Farming T10 the last few days, here's what I've seen:

Camp 1 - Single loot
13,732 mobs killed
232 plagueborn spawned/killed
3 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 2 - Single loot
2,393 mobs killed
48? plagueborn spawned/killed (I crashed so my counter restarted part of the way through but this should be pretty close to accurate)
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 3 - Triple loot
2,990 mobs killed
31 plagueborne spawned/killed
0 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 4 - Single loot
6,822 mobs killed
104 plagueborn spawned/killed
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 5 - Triple loot
3,013 mobs killed
58 plagueborne spawned/killed
4 gsoa
3 GSS

Please note, this is a mix of single and triple loot instances...the two triple loot instances were both 2 hour triples and both were ~3k mobs killed...between the 2 triple instances I looted 3 GSS, so an aggregate of 4 hours of triple netting me 3 gss means that if it were single loot I'd have to maintain a kill rate of 1.5k mobs/hour to average 1 GSS every 4 hours.  This is an extremely small sample size when considering the obviously very low drop rate so it's likely skewed towards the high end of drop rates.  
Looking at the 3 single loot instances, I didn't record the length of the play sessions because it's irrelevant and there were plenty of afk times...we can use the 1.5k mobs/hour kill rate we did in the triple instances to extrapolate the best case scenario and maintainable kill rate.  What I'm really trying to illustrate is aggregate total mobs killed per return on time invested, so totaling up the single loot sessions we get 22,947 mobs killed overall and 2 GSS looted over the duration of those kills.  This puts the drop rate closer to what I was expecting, ~ 1 GSS in every 10k - 12k mobs killed.  Running a T10 faction from start to ally is going to be ~ 15k kills required of the specific mob type.  If you average a GSS every 10k - 12k mobs, you should end up with 4 or 5 GSS by the time your ENTIRE raid reaches ally faction to all 3 camps.  That wouldn't even finish gearing out your warrior in UA, let alone spare 3 GSS PER toon to flag for the next zone.  

This is all based off my own numbers, so I am curious if this is anywhere near what people have experienced in terms of the GSS they looted while grinding all 3 factions to ally, since I'm taking a small dataset compiled over a few days as opposed to the normal amount of time people take to finish T10.

Additional results posted below, to keep things in one place
Camp 6 - Triple loot 3 hours
4,145 mobs killed (yes I was slacking)
78 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 7 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,047 mobs killed
58 plagueborne spawned/killed
3 gsoa
2 GSS

Camp 8 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,095 mobs killed
59 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
3 GSS

Camp 9 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,070 mobs killed
53 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
0 GSS

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 05:44:07 pm »

Running double loot instance I was getting one about every 15 zone pulls. Now it been 150+ zone pulls during double loot instance and I have seen 1 GSS can someone check to make sure it not been broken with all the updates. Some people will just say it that its bad luck but I know when your doing code update it does get broken sometimes. I ask Akkadius if something had happen to the GSOA drop rate back in early February and he said no. Then a few days later it turns out GSOA's had been broken. If anyone else has notice what I have please comment.

Nothing has been ever done to adjust loot drops negatively, ever. As a content developer if you crunch the numbers correct you don't have to nerf things after the fact

As far as GSOA; Rent had made a mistake editing some drop tables to provide a "fix" for no longer dropping inks everywhere, it was an honest mistake and its all part of learning

As far as GSS; just to make sure something similar didn't happen to loot tables there, everything looks absolutely normal in terms of drop rates for GSS

Code:
+----------+----------------+------------+-------------------+------+-------+
| loot_sum | looted_item_id | short_name | Name              | year | month |
|       38 |         135408 | sunderock  | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     1 |
|       15 |         135408 | sleeper    | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     1 |
|       40 |         135408 | sunderock  | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     2 |
|       10 |         135408 | sleeper    | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     2 |
|       28 |         135408 | sunderock  | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     3 |
|       13 |         135408 | sleeper    | Glowing Sun Shard | 2020 |     3 |

EZ Server GM
stales

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 07:51:39 pm »

Akkadius thanks for taking a look at the loot table.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »

While the GSS does drop, don't you think it's kind of low? So many people kill grind in T10, so if 40 were to drop in 1 month that means 1.3 GSS drop in 1 day out of 30 days.

In the past 4 months that I've returned, I've killed 1843 plagues and have only gotten 6 GSS's. That's basically 1 GSS out of 300 plauges. Yesterday I put 5 hours in triple loot averaging 5000+ mobs killed, in hopes to get a few GSS and not one dropped. No Fun.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:29:55 pm by Mersedez » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 06:31:40 pm »

The drop has been designed to be very rare since its ultimate gear, it’s not meant to just be given to you

EZ Server GM
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 06:47:34 pm »

So when you make T11 will 10.5 be required?
stales

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 07:51:51 am »

In the last 19 days running 102 hours of triple loot instance I got (47 GSS) but before the Halloween event I got (1 GSS) in about 2 week of about 60 hours of double loot. Some people might says nothin was broken but with those numbers really?
I am done with GSS's now but it hard to believe nothing was wrong there was a big difference before and after.
Side note when 10.5 came out and Akkadius up the drop rate I was getting nice drop rates for little while not as good as these last few weeks because back then I was just beginning to zone pull T10.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 11:47:02 pm »

In the last 19 days running 102 hours of triple loot instance I got (47 GSS) but before the Halloween event I got (1 GSS) in about 2 week of about 60 hours of double loot. Some people might says nothin was broken but with those numbers really?
I am done with GSS's now but it hard to believe nothing was wrong there was a big difference before and after.
Side note when 10.5 came out and Akkadius up the drop rate I was getting nice drop rates for little while not as good as these last few weeks because back then I was just beginning to zone pull T10.

What is your secret? My kill rate is basically all 5 camps in about 11 minutes averaging 3k kills a hour. I thought I was lucky getting 9 since halloween event
stales

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 06:00:10 am »

What is your secret? My kill rate is basically all 5 camps in about 11 minutes averaging 3k kills a hour. I thought I was lucky getting 9 since halloween event

Are you running triple loot instances? I kill the 3 juggs in the orcs camp and 13 of the water blobs then run to southwest corner and zone pull the rest about 4.5 times per a hour.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:04:02 am by stales » Logged
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 03:30:11 am »

Are you running triple loot instances? I kill the 3 juggs in the orcs camp and 13 of the water blobs then run to southwest corner and zone pull the rest about 4.5 times per a hour.

Great tip. I've been running doubles and triples. I've actually only gotten 2 GSS off about 16 hours of triples and 7 off 16 hours of doubles lol. Sunderock hates me
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)