Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:15:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Status  (Read 1996 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:00:09 pm »

First off; my apologies that I've been MIA

For a few months now my company has been going through an acquisition process of which has resulted in everyone on my team giving their time in an all consuming fashion around the clock to take care of due diligence items and dealing with legalities, so needless to say this has been exhausting

In the middle of all of that we also went through a move which alone in it of itself which will exhaust anyone for a few weeks

In addition all of this COVID shit has been going on and definitely adding stress into the mix for not just us but everyone else as well

The world is still in disarray otherwise we are healthy and doing great; how has everyone else been doing through this time?

How have things been going on in your lives?

Look forward to hearing from you guys <3

EZ Server GM
Kinetix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:17:04 pm »

My company got acquired last year, and it can be scary.
I'm not in management, so I didn't really get impacted. But about 50% of the mid-upper management got replaced.
Even though I was "safe" it does add to stress.

I've been working from home for a year, so when COVID-19 hit, I wasn't directly affected except for my kids being home all the time.

Glad you're still around and although I'm new, I've found this is a pretty awesome community and I'm glad I get to be part of it.

I'm so impressed with the amount of effort and care that's gone into this server; it's pretty amazing. (Even if I'm in Abyss right now and kinda hate it).
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:01:34 pm »

Good to hear from you Akka, and thank you for the 4th of July activities.

I work in my family-owned Harley-Davidson dealership in California, and were shut down for a little under 2 months. Luckily we were able to qualify for some of the small-business assistance that was available, and employees were helped a lot by the federal $600 weekly unemployment boost, but it was a stressful time to be sure. Not knowing what business would be like gave me knots in my stomach, which were luckily unfounded, as business was absolutely crazy good when we came back, as it has been for a lot of automotive, RV and motorcycle dealers. Now we're just low on bikes to sell, and the resale market is stupid high right now, so I spend a lot of time looking for motorcycles to buy, which is a way better problem than having no one to buy them.

Hope you get through your transition smoothly, thanks for everything you do for us (except Icestriker, he needs like a 3 day ban for no reason).

Draca

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64986
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 8678