Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:16:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: If there was a QoL change to be done what would you prefer?
Junk re-roll / Abyss Boss Token, add in a curve to RNG!
Farm zone! Modified to address concerns
Moar Events!
LEAVE IT ALONE! Back in my day... *old man rambling*

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: QOL Ideas  (Read 2366 times)
Kinetix

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2020, 06:07:17 pm »

Hello!

Just as a preface: These are just thoughts, not complaints. I've really enjoyed playing here and just thinking of things that could make it better!

I'm pretty new to EZ Server and I have really appreciated the awesome community and help everyone has been so willing to offer. It's been pretty amazing actually.

As I've been playing it's pretty intense to get past some of the lower levels of the server.

I've enjoyed the challenge of some areas, but others just seem SUPER grindy, especially with randomization.

I loved PoDragons being able to turn in junk to get a proper piece when it sometimes seems like the SAME slot keeps dropping for the wrong class.

I would also love a "Farm Zone", it seemed like there used to be one, but it's now gone? Proving Grounds? I don't know why that disappeared, but it'd be great to have a zone where we could consistently farm essences a little easier, would be cool to have a drop rate scale with difficulty or something like that? Hail a mob and select a Tier difficulty, all essences up to X drop, and drop rate just increases after X with difficulty, makes it better for top tier peeps to farm, etc. I personally loved farming in Arthicrex, because of the giant pulls I was able to get going.

This 4th of July was my first event and it was AWESOME. I played TOO much though in that short time; I would love to have smaller or zone specific events more regularly. Like turn on the event for a specific zone (Hot Zones style) that rotates every weekend or weekly or whatever.

So, QoL Thoughts:

#1. Add in a similar mechanic to Tiers 1-6ish as PoDragons, and possibly a boss-select token for Abyss that's super rare
            1a. Basically, just allowing a little curve on the randomization, so that we don't spend 90% of our time on that ONE LAST drop/boss

#2. Add back in? a farm zone, or a new version of it. Possibly scaling to allow more essence drops or drop rates for higher tier difficulty.
            2a. Selectable tier difficulty up to Tier X, to help people get farm a little easier on the lower tiers.

#3. Weekend/weekly events
            3b. Rotating by zone or more frequently but just for a couple hours or something

I'm no where near the endgame, so other people there may want to weigh in. I've really enjoyed playing on this server and want to express my gratitude for the players and Akkadius for keeping this place alive Smiley

These are ONLY suggestions and thoughts, I realize this may take more time from Akkadius, but hopefully there's either someone that could help him (I'm happy to volunteer, but I'm still super new to the server). I'm a Software Engineer, (but hate DevOps) so if you need scripts written to help facilitate, I'd be happy to help.

-Kinetix aka Lucki
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:48:47 pm »

Unfortunately the farming zones got taken out because there was too much abuse of them.
I do kind of like the idea of having a random drop in t5 that lets you choose a boss though. Just make it very rare so it's only really going to show up enough to do the last 1-3 named. The item does need to be no drop though so people can't just buy 100 of them to walk through t5 because it is supposed to be grindy and long.
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 02:36:40 pm »

This server is a grind. Making things less of a grind so you can then proceed to the next grind dosent make sense.

IMO the buffs are the problem. People don’t really get a chance to learn how to do things the hard way, and when they are less effective things seem harder then they actually are.
Kinetix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 06:10:11 pm »

This server is a grind. Making things less of a grind so you can then proceed to the next grind dosent make sense.

I think grind vs. getting screwed by RNG is my main point here, not to take away the grind, but to curve it.

ie; on average, you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting 'x', so for most people that's 10 times doing the thing and getting 'x', but that means there's cases where someone will do it 100 times and not get 'x', the probability is very low, but it's still there. There's also the case where someone does it once and gets 'x' on the first try. All I'm suggesting is adding a curve to that, so the person doing it 100 times isn't "punished" so severely.

This is also taking an existing implement that's already being used and simply expanding it to other zones.

PoDragons was STILL a grind, but it was a lot less frustrating when I was able to have Dragon armor drop that was good for any class, or trade in junk to get the piece I needed. It still took a LONG time to get all the pieces, but it curved the drop rate.
sjobidoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 12:00:28 pm »

Would love to see some minor changes to ease grind feel a bit atleast. Doing the same thing in every tier kind of took the wind out of it for me. I tend to come back to the forums hoping for some posts like this and seeing perhaps some changes done to this. Would love to come back one day <3 Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 2016
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)