Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:54:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jaggedpine D/Cs  (Read 1868 times)
bononomon

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:45:53 pm »

i've had multiple disconnects about every 20-30min when farming SLS in jaggedpine. the characters can still move but cannot attack, cast or loot and then after 3 minutes or so they actually DC. the weird part is that 3 characters in 3 jaggedpine solo instances all have this problem simultaneously. just curious if there's something weird happening since i'm not zone pulling, aoeing, or anything that would cause server trouble. just killing wisps one at a time on 3 toons
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:52 pm »

i've had multiple disconnects about every 20-30min when farming SLS in jaggedpine. the characters can still move but cannot attack, cast or loot and then after 3 minutes or so they actually DC. the weird part is that 3 characters in 3 jaggedpine solo instances all have this problem simultaneously. just curious if there's something weird happening since i'm not zone pulling, aoeing, or anything that would cause server trouble. just killing wisps one at a time on 3 toons

This is most likely fan botting detection dropping your zone

Fan botting toons in zones by distributing 6-20+ or more toons in the same zone 1 toon per instance, running a macro to AFK kill / farm is still botting and is not allowed. If the zone is dropping underneath of you I'd just be happy that's all that's happened

EZ Server GM
bononomon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:16:30 am »

ok thanks, it definitely seemed like i was triggering some kind of anti-cheat mechanism but i couldn't figure out why. i had 3 toons each in their own jaggedpine and they all had the same 3 hotkeys: target wisp /stick, pet attack (because auto attack while sticking to a moving target is sketchy at best), and target corpse /loot. so i would send the first guy after a wisp, kill it with pet, loot for gls, then send him after another wisp. while hes running i tab to the second guy, send him after a wisp, etc. so that whenever i tab in to one of the 3 chars he is sticking on a wisp ready for me to pet attack and loot it. all of the actions are manual aside from the running with /stick, even the looting and combining GLS. based on the description of fan botting i get why the instances are dropping, just wanted to make it clear that i'm not breaking any rules (at least afaik)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 2016
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)