Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:56:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Starting Up Questions  (Read 3175 times)
SkreamEZ

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:15 am »

Hello,
I have been playing on PEQ for a while and was thinking about starting a crew here just for a change of pace. I had a few questions before I did that if someone has a moment to answer me. I have been browsing the Wiki etc.

1) I already have a RoF2 install for PEQ. Can I just clone that, add the ezserver files and be gtg?
2) I am familiar with MQ2 etc but I was wondering if it was possible (and allowed) to use the e3 macro here? It does make handling bots very easy.
3) I see the advice is to make a group of 6 but some classes just don't seem up to par in the main group. I was thinking WAR CLR BZR MNK ROG DRU?
4) The description for some classes is to 'level with main group' eg SHM for the buff. How will they get xp out of group if the group gets the kill?

Thanks!
Ginge
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 10:35:31 am »

Hello,
I have been playing on PEQ for a while and was thinking about starting a crew here just for a change of pace. I had a few questions before I did that if someone has a moment to answer me. I have been browsing the Wiki etc.

1) I already have a RoF2 install for PEQ. Can I just clone that, add the ezserver files and be gtg? You should be fine
2) I am familiar with MQ2 etc but I was wondering if it was possible (and allowed) to use the e3 macro here? It does make handling bots very easy. E3 Looks like it automates too much so I doubt it would be allowed
3) I see the advice is to make a group of 6 but some classes just don't seem up to par in the main group. I was thinking WAR CLR BZR MNK ROG DRU?You need a paladin in that group, I'd drop the cleric
4) The description for some classes is to 'level with main group' eg SHM for the buff. How will they get xp out of group if the group gets the kill?Raid invite for outside exp,same as group

Thanks!

I'm not an EZ server expert so there may be differing opinions..

Tankus
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 05:19:17 pm »

Hello,

1) I already have a RoF2 install for PEQ. Can I just clone that, add the ezserver files and be gtg?
2) I am familiar with MQ2 etc but I was wondering if it was possible (and allowed) to use the e3 macro here? It does make handling bots very easy.
3) I see the advice is to make a group of 6 but some classes just don't seem up to par in the main group. I was thinking WAR CLR BZR MNK ROG DRU?
4) The description for some classes is to 'level with main group' eg SHM for the buff. How will they get xp out of group if the group gets the kill?

Thanks!

1 in theory yes but to reduces crashes and failures you should just get a fresh install
2 no sure what e3 is but full automation is not allowed
3 should be a good setup. a pal over a clr is normal around here
4 no raid exp loss so form a raid
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 05:52:49 pm »

Some perspective from a long time EZ player that moved to PEQ:

1. A separate directory is always recommended when playing on different servers. You'll want a clean install and then download the EZ Server Files over to the left as EZ is not EQ as you know it. Also, the MQ2 build used on PEQ is missing some functionality that is allowed on EZ, such as seeing NPC's on the map.

2. While no official word on E3 here that I've seen, the long standing rule is that as long as you're at the keyboard you're ok. E3 is not full automation as in /afk killing, and requires you to be actively pressing keys, so i am going to ASSUME it's ok here. Akk allows it on PEQ so don't see a reason why it cannot be used on EZ but no offical word on that (use at your own risk). I have played around with it on EZ some, but again, some functionality doesn't transfer over. For example I cannot get E3 to play nice with Warrior epic aug clicking. TBH, it's not really necessary here.

3. As EZ is almost entirely custom, some classes have different roles. For example on EZ BER is ae damage and PAL epic has a heal proc that nullifies having to heal directly. Think of EZ PAL as PEQ's BRD: a must have.

4. EZ raid exp is at least equal, if not better, than group. I haven't been active here in almost 2 years so things may have changed.

I'm Denzig on PEQ as well so shoot me a tell and I can log in and hook you up with some plat, etc if you need a boost.

Finally, EZ is @#$%ing awesome, just leave your typical EQ expectations at the door.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:08:34 pm by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98