Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:52:13 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Weekly or Daily "Hot" Zone  (Read 3178 times)
Kinetix

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2020, 12:51:07 pm »

It'd be cool to see a "Hot" Zone type implementation of some kind.
Either Double for that day but only that zone or special hot zone drop.
Doesn't necessarily have to be a custom zone, but would be a cool incentive to go to different zones.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:24:50 am »

What we really need is content. T11 is over due by 2 years. We've all contributed with ideas and offered help and we have had no positive response.
The days of only using 2 guys is over. Let's allow people to help with this. Being so cautious and tight fisted with controls are choking this server.
The most successful projects are open to community development. This is what encourages buy-in...when we each have a real stake in how this server develops, that is when we really have the opportunity to grow and move forward.
We all have real lives and concerns, only by working together can we move the needle forward.

No need to upgrade with newer zones, we need to use the expansions and zones we have... there are more than enough for many lifetimes of content. Let's pick a zone and change the rewards an offer upgrades to gear in a linear fashion and offer bonuses to the truly dedicated that love to farm the shit out the zone. When the new content is released, we all work to trouble shoot it and experience it on a test server and once it is good we send it live and immediately start working on the next tier, of course addressing bugs as the come up with the last tier released.
This has proven to be an impossible task left to 1-2 people. What we need is a communion.

The point of this server is to have fun and keep it alive. We have an opportunity to truly take this to the next level and create something we all have a stake in. Once you have the communities investment, we are talking hearts and minds, this place will come alive more so than it ever was. It will be an awesome place for people to meet, to hang and have that warm and fuzzy nostalgia feeling we all love, all while making real connections with people. If you don't believe me, check out the real life picture thread from years past when everyone took part in the success of this server. Yeah it's not the same now and we are missing people that will never be back and of course Hunter. But we have all we need right here to make this even better this time around. There are so many good people here, and they will attract more people as word of what we have done here spreads.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:40:14 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 11:46:27 am »

What we really need is content. T11 is over due by 2 years. We've all contributed with ideas and offered help and we have had no positive response.
The days of only using 2 guys is over. Let's allow people to help with this. Being so cautious and tight fisted with controls are choking this server.

The server has been slowly dying for many years. It's been almost two years since I took my break from EZ and I haven't looked back since. The main reason I stepped down was because I realized that the server keepers, Akkadius and Rent was not in a position where they were either motivated or had the time and willingness to spend on moving the server forward in a more rapidly manner.

If this ever changes, I will come back in a heart beat.

It's the keepers of the server's responsibility to make sure the server moves on, yet not much seems to have happened in the past 3-4 years. I am sure there are quite a few people in the EQemu community that is both motivated and experienced enough to help move this server forward and giving it the attention it deserves. Heck, we even have people on the server capable.

It's in the hands of the devs.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:48:28 am by Sarthin » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:02 pm »

Sarthin touched on what I already know: when we add content, people will come back here in droves.
Even with it's stagnation however, there are many new people here simply because EZserver has something noone else does. The system of rewards here as you progress are simply second to none until you hit that ceiling.

The established community, those that still remain here, are the most helpful and coolest and easy going there has ever been, we actively promote this server and help others progress in order to perpetuate what is honestly the best gaming experience we have ever had. It's nostalgia that gravitates us here, but it is the gameplay that makes us stay and want more. But we are growing board and long in the tooth and once we leave, EZserver will truly be dead. You can only restart so many times. You can only PL so many toons. Helping people is fun but it gets old when you yourself can't even advance, and knowing we are capped trickles down to those trying to fight their way up... where is the incentive?

We can move this server forward, and we can even monitize this place better than it has been in order to support the server indefinitely. What we need is a dedicated leader who can outsource talent and move ahead, and of course we have to have Akkadius on board and we need to compensate him financially. There is nothing in this for him other than to help others experience this.  Anything he has profited from this, if broken down to an hourly wage, would be an absolute joke.

I think we need a free service which would allow people to try this out and see if they like it, and a premium service which would allow you to accrue ezcredits over time (as well as the buy it now function with actually reasonable prices...most items are just out and out stupidly priced and would actually sell if priced right.)

We could have different tiers to make it affordable to anyone. Basically, if you love this place then you support it financially... and even help others to afford it (I know I would personally support a few people myself) and the ezcredits would of course be rewarded to the paying account.

I've been saying it forever, we need to open the market here also for players to buy and sell from each other and allow the server to benefit from each trade (something like 5% or $5 min from each trade.) This would allow us to truly fund development of this server. The platinum of this server was worth more than many third-world countries currency for years...think about that. That gives us actual clout in the real world economy. This is the kind of system you need in place to really get things moving. Put behind that driven people who do not wish to profit from this game, only to perpetuate it, and you have a system that cannot lose.

We need to get this boat back on track. I love this place too much to let it slip away.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:17:43 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 05:20:09 am »

Sarthin touched on what I already know: when we add content, people will come back here in droves.
Even with it's stagnation however, there are many new people here simply because EZserver has something noone else does. The system of rewards here as you progress are simply second to none until you hit that ceiling.

The established community, those that still remain here, are the most helpful and coolest and easy going there has ever been, we actively promote this server and help others progress in order to perpetuate what is honestly the best gaming experience we have ever had. It's nostalgia that gravitates us here, but it is the gameplay that makes us stay and want more. But we are growing board and long in the tooth and once we leave, EZserver will truly be dead. You can only restart so many times. You can only PL so many toons. Helping people is fun but it gets old when you yourself can't even advance, and knowing we are capped trickles down to those trying to fight their way up... where is the incentive?

We can move this server forward, and we can even monitize this place better than it has been in order to support the server indefinitely. What we need is a dedicated leader who can outsource talent and move ahead, and of course we have to have Akkadius on board and we need to compensate him financially. There is nothing in this for him other than to help others experience this.  Anything he has profited from this, if broken down to an hourly wage, would be an absolute joke.

I think we need a free service which would allow people to try this out and see if they like it, and a premium service which would allow you to accrue ezcredits over time (as well as the buy it now function with actually reasonable prices...most items are just out and out stupidly priced and would actually sell if priced right.)

We could have different tiers to make it affordable to anyone. Basically, if you love this place then you support it financially... and even help others to afford it (I know I would personally support a few people myself) and the ezcredits would of course be rewarded to the paying account.

I've been saying it forever, we need to open the market here also for players to buy and sell from each other and allow the server to benefit from each trade (something like 5% or $5 min from each trade.) This would allow us to truly fund development of this server. The platinum of this server was worth more than many third-world countries currency for years...think about that. That gives us actual clout in the real world economy. This is the kind of system you need in place to really get things moving. Put behind that driven people who do not wish to profit from this game, only to perpetuate it, and you have a system that cannot lose.

We need to get this boat back on track. I love this place too much to let it slip away.

I think you need to seriously consider starting your own server.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 03:22:45 pm »

Hasn't akka stated before that he is using the funds from EZ server for the server and Hunter's family? Why do people keep mentioning how much akka is making from the server when he is not making the server his job. Akka does stuff for the server because he wants to do stuff for the server. So can we stop bringing up the servers finances at random points for no real reason?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 05:03:23 pm »

Similar response: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5938.msg72803#msg72803

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 8678