Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:06:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v3.0  (Read 62111 times)
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2022, 07:07:42 pm »

After a LOT of headache I think I finally figured out what my cure issue is. Would have probably been sooner if I had asked people what they were curing incisor with because it seems the detriment counter on incisor is stupidly high. It used to take I think 4 or so casts with paladin/clr exorcise to get rid of it and now it seems to be high enough that it either can't be cured with exorcise or it takes too many casts for it to be useful. The heal component on it is just too obscene to get through it without some serious dps.
After trying to cure it with 3 paladins and 1 cleric (I don't think I had spell haste so maybe they can cure it just barely) it seems the counter on incisor is between 800 and 999 as my toons got 32 casts off total and still didn't cure it. I'll try to get a more specific number just because I'm curious
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 07:59:58 pm by Brannyn » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2022, 07:40:03 am »

Keep of Alendar ench spell mitigation buff doesn't work anymore it would appear.

Also BST epic proc doesn't land on pet anymore it has somehow changed to be a group thing, that also does nothing in the way of damage absorption.

Tank
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:31:03 am by Tankus » Logged
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2022, 09:40:27 pm »

I am currently in the middle of a fairly extensive dive into spells, so expect a fairly big changelog at some point soon. To provide some context for these changes, and as many people have pointed out lately as more and more people are getting into parsing, there are a substantial amount of item effects that just don't work, or work in conjunction with other items. I don't believe they were intended to not work, it seems like more of a design/testing deficit, and it just hasn't been circled back too. So I'm slowly working through spell damage based item effects at first, then moving to melee damage based effects, and finally buggy spells in general, all of this will result in some changes.

Most of these changes may be seen as nerf to less premium items, as their damage bonuses may be reduced, but they will also stack where appropriate, allowing for a slightly higher ceiling when you have multiple items. There's obviously a limit to how much damage we do, and while the hardcoded stat and damage limit may have been raised, player damage should still be pretty linear from Tier to Tier, as it has been to this point on EZ. Ultimately, I believe that top DPS (per toon) should be approx. 30-35 million damage per second, which rogues currently outpace just slightly, along with a few classes that are clearly underperforming. All of this needs to be addressed and in a happy spot before some of the planning for T11 can happen, so that's what we're doing now.

I realize that some of this can seem slow at times, but I am always working on one thing or another, it's just not always something that has a direct effect on you, at least not right away.

-Draca

Also, I realize the irony in the Rallos jewelry items not working, as I discuss fixing item effects, those will be corrected to work as intended as well.

Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2022, 10:34:11 pm »

That's great to hear Draca. If there are things that we players can do to help, like collecting data on certain spells/items/focuses, or just general testing, let us know. I wouldn't be against helping out in whatever capacity I can, and there are probably a few others who would as well.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2022, 02:45:08 pm »

DOWNLOAD NEW SPELL FILE

Changelog entries for this morning:

[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Blazing Ear Protector of Planking has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Impriealis, Guardstone of Zek has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] The Spider's Eye's Are Upon You has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Hardened Escutcheon of Kerafyrm has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Brunaa's Two Toned Diamond Neckguard has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Darkstone, Neckguard of Revenge has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Cloth Ultimate Armor Gloves and Arms have had their spell effects modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other iteme effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Sathir's Robes has had it's spell effect modified. Previously did not stack correctly with other item effects.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Spells] Timeless: Vampiric Thunder I & II now correctly modifies spell damage. Previously had no effect on spell damage.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Spells] Dark Beast has been modified to work with other buffs and item effects. Spell damage has been substantially reduced on this buff, as it previously was identical to Earring of Mystic Ages, and is not nearly as difficult to obtain.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Spells] Master's Watchful Eye III - BST Epic Proc - has been properly re-set to affect the Beastlord's pet, and has had it's healing component increased.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Paladin Healing Class Augments 5.0 thru 10's click effect - Warmth of Light - has had it's recast timer reduced from 90 seconds to 20 seconds.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Spells] Warmth of Light VI has been re-set to properly heal caster's group.
[August 14th 2022] [Draca] [Items] Moskstraumen, Maelstrom of Zek (Rallos event weapon) has a new weapon model.

Couple notes:

Obviously the majority of this changelog relates to changes to items or spells that have spell damage modifiers, several of which did absolutely nothing. This has been corrected in the items listed, so any spell damage upgrade item you get, should correctly apply the spell damage modifier. This also means, that several of these items/spells needed to be re-tuned to account for the increased bonuses from previously non-functioning effects. Overall, if you are a well geared caster, your overall DPS will be slightly higher given these fixes, lesser gear will be slightly lower than previous. Ultimately, having properly functioning spells and item effects makes upgrades feel like actual upgrades, despite a little bit of initial downside (depending on your gear). Still working on some additional spell issues, but those are mostly spells that aren't working, not specific to spell damage modifiers, so I'll get those up later this week.

-Draca
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:47:54 pm by Draca » Logged

Langedumort

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2022, 03:25:04 pm »

I feel like we can't say this enough but Thanks Draca for everything you are doing to push this server forward and make it better  Smiley
Ginge
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2022, 04:24:30 am »

After the fix to the BST epic proc it now seems to proc level II and level III at the same time, also their pets could use a bump in hp's or something as they are lacking wayyyyyyyyyy behind compared to other pet classes at 1.25m hp's compared to say mage pet unbuffed is over 6m, just a thought..

Edit:- Pally Gift of avenger suddenly started working again, wouldn't work all morning, went to fighters guild to hit the dummy, it worked straight away...went back to vp and now it appears to be fine...Warmth of light does not appear to work still.

Tank
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:52:00 am by Tankus » Logged
gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2022, 08:42:31 am »

Wanted to switch from the Wide Arc Swing to Drop Defenses on Gnonim.  Deleted my Wide Arc IV, but Hive Queen still wouldn't sell me the Drop Defenses saying I already had something in that lore class.  Any ideas?
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2022, 09:18:24 am »

Drop all Defences is one of the "non upgradable augs"
Do you have one of the others - Ignore death or Amplify Vulnerablity?
I dont think Wide arc would cause it, you might have deleted without needing to -(

Edit, also iirc draca added a trade in option for the nonupgradable augs, so you dont need to delete and farm hive shards for those
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:32:15 am by Chieftan » Logged

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2022, 03:20:28 pm »

Thanks for the information Chief, i appreciate it.  Yes, traded in the Death augment for the Drop Defenses.  Just repurchased the Wide Arc Swing.  Plenty of hive shards on that toon... Smiley
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2022, 03:37:52 pm »

Warmth of light does not appear to work still.

Tank

Echoing this, tested with my Pally epic 9.0. Turned on heal over time messages, took off some gear and reequipped it to lower my HP, cast epic, no healing.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2022, 03:57:13 pm »

Warmth of Light will get pushed again tonight, along with a fix for pet proc damage, which is considerably lower than it had been previously. Also, UC4 bonus was not applying to pet damage, as the UC4 wasn't around when Hateborne made the script to buff pet damage from UC's.

On a side note, anyone feel like going back through this thread and pulling out issues I haven't addressed yet, my list, which used to be organized, is a bit of a mess these days. I want to fix what I can prior to buckling down on T11 work. Done, thank you Tankus
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:02:51 am by Draca » Logged

Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2022, 12:00:22 am »

Bandolier maybe bugged.... as I was switching out Moskstraumen in bandolier, my Drolvarg War bow turned into another Mosktraumen and then poofed and said desyncronization.  Bow is now gone with Citrine X and resist XX too hmm....

ETA: not sure how to post a screenshot here but posted it in Discord

ETA part 2:  Looks like zoning fixed it - phew!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:11:26 am by Miriya » Logged
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2022, 04:24:20 am »

Bandolier maybe bugged.... as I was switching out Moskstraumen in bandolier, my Drolvarg War bow turned into another Mosktraumen and then poofed and said desyncronization.  Bow is now gone with Citrine X and resist XX too hmm....

ETA: not sure how to post a screenshot here but posted it in Discord

ETA part 2:  Looks like zoning fixed it - phew!

If you are actually firing arrows with the bow then NEVER use the bandolier. It can and WILL eat items.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:14 am »

2 changes this morning:

[August 17th 2022] [Draca] [Pets] Pets will now receive bonus damage from Ultimate Charm 4 as intended
[August 17th 2022] [Draca] [Spells] Paladin epic effect Warmth of Light VI should now work correctly

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)