Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:43:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v3.0  (Read 60788 times)
Ergg

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2022, 12:03:15 pm »

Draca, do you mind if we have the tortured souls despawn after the Vendril fight? as they don't attack but really can't be left there incase of the next fight with VS. They take quite a while to kill but have no loot, so instead of deleting the instance and remaking it to get rid of them how bout just have them despwan after the fight?
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2022, 12:30:32 pm »

Just curious, is there a reason you can't just leave them there? Is it just a memory/performance issue? I've done a couple in a row without it being a real problem (although I agree they should just go away since they don't seem to serve a purpose beyond flavor).
Ergg

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2022, 03:16:16 pm »

Probably just my ocd, which prevented me from ever just leaving them there lol, but it would be nice for all us ocd people to have them despawn after the fight. Cool
Ginge
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2022, 02:11:06 pm »

If gift of the avenger II wears off in VP and you rebuff it, you have to zone out and back in for it to work again....bit of a weird one, not sure if it's just VP that it happens in.

Also the buff from sathirs robes is a bit funky, if you mgb it, it sticks to some people but doesn't stick to others and I can't see what's blocking it on the toons it doesn't land on, it's a helpful buff in vp when it actually sticks on toons, One of the Dots from the iksar necro's in VP (Boil Blood) completely overwrites it as well which makes 0 sense as it isn't a debuff that has detriment to healing effect.

Beast epic now procs level II and III of the spell rather than just lvl III(This isn't broken actually, forgot that I had the 9.0 in my offhand weapon also)

Also Rallos axe has the same proc as uw12 despite it being XII.5 .... same with the rogue dagger

Last one, The rallos event earing is only useful for a necro really(maybe druid/shaman but who'd bother), other classes cannot make use of the effects on it as they don't have spells that last over 6 seconds and it only adds 30% to DoT's...without being able to view the attributes I feel like I wasted GoW's by putting it on a mage.

I lie, Necro pets are the only pet you can cure afflictions on, can't cure them on any other pet class so if a pet gets something like the debuff from kild in sleeper you have to destroy the pet and summon a new one to remove it.

More lies, Keep of alendar ench spell dmg mitigation buff still does nothing to absorb spell damage.

Tank
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:49:37 pm by Tankus » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2022, 01:50:26 pm »

Mage pet doesn't seem to proc uw12 if it's in the summoners pack, necro pet works fine.

Tank
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2022, 03:00:21 am »

Still not seeing pally warmth of light working. I just got epic 10 on couple of my pallys, but neither 9 nor 10 seems to do anything. I've turned off all my filters to make sure im not missing it, and i can see regular healing spells landing, but i don't see anything happen when i lower my hp then cast pally epic.

The druid timeless regen spell correctly reports healing in my windows, and for example the base regen of that spell is 15k, and with the gear my characters have it heals the pally for around 130k when it ticks. I would expect i'd notice the 75k base HoT on warmth of light after modification of +healing bonuses a lot more so I don't think its a "its working but just not showing the numbers" sort of thing either.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2022, 05:38:12 am »

Anyone else not showing this working? It seems to be working both visibly as a buff, and doing the little bit of healing it's supposed too.

Ginge
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2022, 07:21:47 am »

I can confirm WoL works for me in VP, I haven't tried it anywhere else though.

Edit:- Works for me in nexus also.

Tank
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:49:54 am by Tankus » Logged
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2022, 03:03:15 pm »

I get the buff icon just fine, but I don't notice any increase in healing over my regular regen when i cast it after making sure i actually have hp to heal. I have the latest spellfiles so i don't know what the hell is going on with it.

I don't get any healing text in the spam window, like i do with other heal over time spells that ive tried, and even just watching the % number in the middle of the screen it doesn't seem like its going up any faster than when i don't have it.

Is the right click description just wrong? Is it not a heal over time spell? Is the actual healing number just so much smaller than the description says it is thats why i cant notice it?  I'm not sure what i'm missing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 03:07:15 pm by Quarg » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2022, 04:18:40 pm »

It used to work and was a HoT spell for sure.

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2022, 08:29:00 pm »

WoL 9.0 - shows 60k heal and looks to work from my testing.  It does not feel like it gets any bonuses from +healing.  I was never able to get any healing numbers to show up in a chat window to really be able to tell though.

Something else I was looking at is the Warrior's Way (Worn) - I do not know if this is be design but it does not look like Pal and SK are able to trigger the Blood of the Fallen effect.  The worn is on the T8 and T9 CP for both Pal and SK.
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2022, 09:33:41 pm »

I took off every piece of my paladins gear and then equipped the weapon with the aug and cast WoL and was finally able to notice some amount of healing. But yeah still no actual numbers reported in the chat.

So i guess it 'works' it just doesn't seem to work the way you would expect it to work based on every other type of healing ive seen on the server which is modified by things like UC or focus of healing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:37:05 pm by Quarg » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:13 am »

Yeah I should've clarified, when I said it "worked" I guess I meant that the icon appeared etc, the amount of healing, no idea...But I doubt the amount it provides is actually beneficial at 79 when worn regen is so high etc. Edit...Don't get the icon today so no idea if it does anything still :p

Regarding what I said about the buff from the Sathirs robe, if you mgb it in nexus it will stick to everyone, mgb it in VP and it sticks to some people only, yet to try and mgb it outside of nexus/vp Edit :- Tried to mgb it again from my necro in nexus, didn't stick to a single person, tried with ench, same thing..ehhh it works sometimes, other times it doesn't work...

Really can't get my head around what makes it stick and what blocks it as it didn't stick to a single person in the nexus..When it hits pets, they always say "that is not a legal target master"...

Mage pet still doesn't proc anything, ench pet procs a 200k dd but obviously the main reason to summon an ench pet for the chance to proc DT is a moot point as DT is disabled in VP, DT still works on the practice dummy..

Tank
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:23:30 pm by Tankus » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2022, 01:52:10 pm »

Mage pet proc is working today, something is causing some pets to heal the mobs at the moment in VP, I could see the hp jump back up momentarily and then drop again, pet also procs an exceptional heal for around 6m and I've no idea if that's healing themselves or the mob. Only seems to be affecting the iksar skellys from what I can tell.

Tank
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:59:43 pm by Tankus » Logged
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2022, 11:09:54 pm »

Had thought about a front page post to outline some of this, but this is probably the better place given the topic. There are a few things that are still in the process of being balanced, and I don't want people to get the impression that just because something stays a certain way for a week or two, that it's absolutely going to stay that way. Most glaring example currently is what I consider to be an overpowered situation with caster pets. This is the result of some changes I recently made, which had some unforeseen effects. While these changes won't be reversed outright, there is some tuning required since the changes hit a wider player base on the Live server, and these issues came to light.

This leads to a few small changes, which hopefully will result in less of these issues. First, I am going to start a new post outlining Test server changelog items that need player testing. While I have been personally testing changes, and calling on others when I don't feel I can properly test and observe at the same time, there clearly needs to be more thorough testing of proposed changes. While I realize that the Test server character data is behind Live, and may result in your characters not being exactly on par with your current gear, it doesn't always matter if your DPS is a little lower, or you don't have your Owlbear Dung collectible, it's more important to get some time in with the changes, so they don't have to be reversed on Live (where they feel a lot more nerf-y).  Just a quick word on being an effective tester before moving on; while everyone has their own ideas of what should, and shouldn't be on any given topic, that isn't what I need reported from Test server testing...for example (and while no one would hate this, I don't think), on Test I recently changed an NPC who casts an AE explosion spell, which seems to crash OC pretty regularly. Now if this were a change you hate, that's fine, you can state your opinion, but ultimately I need to know if the change seems to work as intended.  Secondly, and this goes hand in hand with needing more help testing, updates will be spaced further apart to allow for more adequate testing time, and hopefully more accurate updates. I admit that I tend to want to fix issues as fast as possible, partially because I want everyone to know that there is an active GM presence, and that legitimate issues will get dealt with. However, I think at this point everyone knows that I am an active and involved GM, and trying to fix issues in a hurry isn't really a benefit to anyone, and at times can detract from the game experience (perfect example being some initial flip flopping changes in Veeshan's Peak that were rightfully poorly received).

Anyone can help test. Simply log on the EZ Test Server, do a #viewchangelog, and at the bottom of the list, anything showing from DracaTEST are new changes, not yet pushed to Live, anything tagged just Draca, have been pushed over already. I am continuing to learn this position, both technically, as well as best practices, so I can continue to improve.

Also, to be clear, my pet comments do not mean that massive nerfs are coming to pets, but some adjustments are necessary there.

-Draca

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678