Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v3.0  (Read 60797 times)
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 03, 2023, 06:23:21 am »

I haven't seen a difference in incoming damage in that section either.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 03, 2023, 06:49:35 am »

No changes have been made to any NPC's in VP for some time.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2023, 08:14:27 am »

I would say xp in VP is very good. The crystals you get a worth way more than any mob massacre in any other zone I would say.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2023, 11:38:40 am »

I would say xp in VP is very good. The crystals you get a worth way more than any mob massacre in any other zone I would say.

Yeah vp is the best in the game if you need to focus to 1-10 characters. For more it lags for sure. Overall I like that there are ups and downs with it. VP doesn't need to simultaneously give the best rewards for everything.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 03:30:14 pm by Pubis » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2023, 03:24:34 pm »

The experience per mob has been pretty consistent in most tiers on EZ, so there is nothing new there.
Here are a few examples: ToFS 6 exp, Anguish 8 exp, VP 8 exp, LP 9 exp, OC 9 exp, Abyss 9 exp, Sunderock 11 exp.

I don't mind the experience being the same or about the same anyway. The added AA crystals you get in VP are meant to help with making the LRoA through killing and trading, which I think is fair. The fact that Tunare Expedition has a chance to drop a rank 5 LRoA adds even more fairness to it in my opinion. The huge amount of plat that the dragons drop will also help with creating instances and repopping them.

Obviously mass pulling body or with ZP in lower tiers will add more experience gain this way though, since they amount to about the same exp, but dies faster. That's fine in my opinion.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2023, 07:24:03 am »

Naaaah man that is not true! I am far far far away from being a hardcore player and just entered VP few weeks ago. And I can do tunare in under 1 hour while wiping 5 times at least.

So I would say you can do tunare in about 40 - 60 minutes easily. And even if you have to take a break or 10 breaks, just die and continue when you return.

And even if you would get 200 or 300 aa per mob killed you would still benefit most from items.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2023, 09:24:53 am »

You died because not all mitigation buffs where up. Otherwise there is no way this sylvan thing hits you for that much.

Regarding spamming keys. Even I, and my macros and hot keys are far away from perfect, only press 8 for 90% of the time. It really is not that hard man. Trust me
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2023, 10:56:55 am »

Overall your team has better gear than my team has. And your warrior is not weaker. So just buff up, write ready, /tar syl, pull, cover and attack. No way you will die.

If you think you might die, pull use glasses or riposte sword or whatever and attack.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2023, 12:36:28 pm »

Why would someone need to farm 10 hours? The fastest is the fastest no matter how long you do it for. And it's not that people play longer than you, they play more efficiently. Every time I have given you advice or seen someone give you advice you say you can't be bothered to do x y or z and then blame something external or say you "can't be assed" to do that even when it's as simple as "use this defensive spell". The outcome of not taking any of those suggestions is that you farm slow, your time is less productive than someone who thinks about how to improve and plays better. This is a hole you dig for yourself and then come here and act shitty towards literally everyone because you view it as everyone else fault and the server must change to accommodate you. You act shitty toward players trying to give you advice, you act shitty towards draca because he "lied" about changing some trivial thing or that something is STILL broken as if you are an impatient boss.

Once you learn how to do Tunare it takes 15-30 minutes regardless of party size. You not doing it has nothing to do with the time and everything to do with what I wrote above. You pulled the trash once, declared it was impossible unless you have 40 boxes and ignored the torrent of advice finally declaring you "just can't be assed to heal that much damage". You are better equipped than most people who do this with items like the gm gift aug that they can't even get.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2023, 03:49:18 pm »

Ok, so I have been back and forth about posting all day. Why? Because usually nobody really gains much positive from discussing each other on forums. Yet I have decided I wanted to say something and the reason is simple. We play and chat with each other every day in a pretty small community and we should be able to get along. To get along, sometimes we need to talk through things and clear our hearts and heads. We are not blessed with too many forms of communications. I did previously try to have a one on one talk with you to prevent things from boiling because I felt you directed a lot of negativity towards me and I never felt I did anything to deserve that, but you never responded to me. I also just realized you have deleted many of the posts you posted here today and quite often you rapidly change, remove or edit your posts. I am pretty active here, so I read a lot of what goes in and then is deleted. Does this mean you regret what you write or what? Only you can answer that.

Tankus, you once said this game is the only joy you had left in life. I don't know how much truth there was in that, but regardless, we need to look at the perspective. This server is and has been so important for so many players through the years. Many of us have spent countless of hours through out the years both playing the game and improving it by making guides, macros, and maybe most importantly by being in game, helping other players out with questions and what not. You are one of the people that keep /ooc working and you help out whenever you can with questions. I have the upmost respect for you in that manner as I have for everyone else that like you has and is currently playing a role as a part of a small community and how help players on a day to day basis. At the end of the day, all we want is to play, have fun and interact with each other in a peaceful and meaningful manner.

I am pretty sure you may end up taking this the wrong way, as I am certain a fruitful discussion is best left for face to face, yet I will still let you know my feelings on the matter and hopefully we can change tracks a bit.I know this is not the correct thread for anything like this, but then again, EZ board has always had a life of it's own, so we'll see.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I get the impression that you assume a lot of things that I feel have no root in reality. That's why I want to ask for some perspective at the very least and please gather some facts before you post or talk about it in game. Secondly knowing how important EZ is for you, I want you to remember that it's equally important to many other players. Cutting down on your sarcasm and negativity directed towards other players, blaming people for doing stuff they have not done, putting yourself in the role as the victim so many times, while everyone else are wrong and against you, when often it's what you say or do that puts yourself in that situation. So often you can just blame yourself in my opinion. I am not trying to sit here on a high horse and lash out while seeming perfect myself, as I can assure you I am not. I welcome feedback on anything I do both positive and negative.

Here are some examples that directs my feelings on the matter:

You say that we are moving towards a server where you need a horde of boxes to play. Yet most people seem to do stuff you say you are not able to do. I can understand that you feel a change though, a much needed change in my opinion. After all, we came from Old Commonlands, Sunderock and Sleepers, all three of which you basically only need a warrior and some correctly executed skills and abilities to solo, not even needing a single other character, not to say they won't help though.
I'd say the server is moving in a good direction, where you can actually play with all your characters again and they can actually make a difference, whether you run 18 or 40. I don't know if these things you throw out are excuses or if you actually think we are moving towards needing 30+ characters to do content. It's totally wrong though and I am pretty sure you know this. What bugs you for real, only you can tell.

You also throw out incredible numbers here and there which when tested has no root in reality. I am talking about damage numbers for one. If something in the Tunare expedition one hits you for 3+ millions of damage, it means you are lacking mitigation or reading it wrong, simple as that. Then you rant on for making things too hard, i.e. Tunare, and excuse it by saying _you_don't run 30+ boxes and 6 clerics rotating Vie, when the fact is you can do the expedition with 6 characters and Vie is not at all needed to kill her.

You said today that everyone else has more playtime than you, assuming again that everyone else is in a better position that yourself. Yet it's not many moons ago when you said you stayed active during 6 hours killing Tunare and just a while before that, 8 hours farming Raulfer and no Mechi show. The amount of available time to play on EZ varies for all of us and is not significant to one person alone. Sometimes we are in a situation which allows for much game time and sometimes less.

You claim that I have made changes to the game, i.e. the Mechi shield, when I have never asked Draca about making a change to that shield.
You continued to trash talk my name in game chat due to this, like I had been doing any changes or anything wrong. It's really disrespectful of you.

You assume the gap between the soft and hardcore players are getting larger and larger. Gaps are and will always be a part of MMORPG's, just like most things in life. I don't really see any significant change to that on EZ server lately compared to the past. The more you play, the more you get, usually. That seems fair to me. Still I see nothing on EZ that a group of 18 can't do. You may not do it as fast as someone that put down the time to make more characters, but Tunare has brought scaling to the game and T11 may even follow. So the gap between soft and hard is actually moving in the direction you claim it's moving away from, in my opinion. One could easily argue that things are coming easier for the softcore players today already, compared to before. People are giving away double/triple loot, zone pulls and rots in many instances on a day to day basis just to mention two things on the top of my head.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2023, 06:55:13 am »

I did say I would adjust exp per mob in VP, and just never got to it. They weren't intentionally set to provide low exp to begin with, but I never made the change. I didn't say it with the intention of not doing it, I simply never got back to it. It will be corrected with next changelog.

EDIT: This is now pushed live.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 09:30:58 am by Draca » Logged

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 18, 2023, 05:54:01 pm »

Getting ported out of Tunare's area.. saying I've already killed her.. yet I never have.. ever Sad

Seems issue was adding people to my group sorry! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 05:56:49 pm by Natedog » Logged

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2023, 05:41:20 am »

Just had that the same issue, doing with same 18 as always, got booted to nexus while killing black horse saying already killed tunare.
Ported back, and killed her as normal, just was 100% again  hehe

Also another issue just started, zone crashes in SR
Doing ZP, all chars loose connection, 0 corpses on return, not just disconnect, full zone crash
Also had zone crash just fighting sharpclaw, sucks when on a triple Sad

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:39:31 am by Chieftan » Logged

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2023, 07:29:58 am »

Just had that the same issue, doing with same 18 as always, got booted to nexus while killing black horse saying already killed tunare.
Ported back, and killed her as normal, just was 100% again  hehe

Also another issue just started, zone crashes in SR
Doing ZP, all chars loose connection, 0 corpses on return, not just disconnect, full zone crash
Also had zone crash just fighting sharpclaw, sucks when on a triple Sad

Cheers

SR zone crash happened to me because of those blow up dudes coming witz Rellognub
eokingg@yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2023, 12:33:52 am »

Since the patch then the patch take back patch (Grins) there has been an issues with social agro with mobs in some zones. In sleepers specifically, you can sometimes pull right over another mob of the same type and still not agro them at times. Not sure if the radius was decreased by a tremendous amount or what was changed exactly, but something is definitely still in effect.

Tankiez
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 8678