Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:21:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Wiki Editor (or 2)  (Read 4920 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2021, 04:59:33 pm »

Is there anyone interested in going through, and checking/editing the EZ Wiki? There is a fair amount of missing information, incomplete links, and just a general lack of polish, especially for a server that has been running as long as EZ Server has. While there definitely is the occasional lack of properly reading through the current wiki content, I think we can do better. Editing the wiki is fairly straightforward, and does require the use of some super simple coding syntax, which you can really just copy/paste from other pages to fit your needs (don't worry, real programmers do it too, StackOverflow is probably the world's most copy/pasted website in the world Smiley  ).

Live Wiki page:

Editing Page:

As you can see it's pretty straightforward, and it's also rewarding to help do your part to help the next line of EZ players navigate our custom progression. You won't be dishing out boss strats, or getting too focused on any one thing in particular, you just want someone with very little, if any, knowledge of EZ Server to have a general idea of what they'll be getting in to. I can be available to help if needed, or provide item links for inserted pictures, whatever is needed.

Please post if you're interested, and we'll get you editing access. Thanks everyone.

-Draca

omnikain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 03:33:08 am »

Honestly I'd love to do that, I'm not complaining but since I've been around I've always wished the wiki was a little more in depth.....and I'm an exceptionally wordy kind of guy anyway.

Holler at me...pm or whatever.  I'd love to do something helpful in light of the ridiculous amount of help I've received here and how much I've enjoyed my stay.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 08:00:31 am »

I will also take a look, not really read much on it lately, if there any major errors/omissions noted, i can try and sort. ( have a login with chief )

Main page left column could do with editing, but think that's a site owner/admin only edit, main page can be edited, but not left column, unless I'm missing it Smiley
Akkas Wiki, dead link.
EZGuide, although this was a great resource back then, i even converted it to a story file so was available in game, but its a bit outdated now so really needs removing for tidiness, if any relevant info is in there but not on wiki, its easily added.

Could add eqemu site, for account creation, magelo etc

Red

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 08:28:46 am »

Omni, that would be awesome, especially if you are a newer player, you might have some insight on what information might be better formatted to help players who are completely unfamiliar with our server, and custom progression. If you can, click on the 'Request account' link at the top right of the wiki page, and fill in some of the general information (don't have to get too carried away), and we'll get you set up with an account.

Red, I will go through that left sidebar, there is definitely some things that can be updated, removed, as well as pertinent information added. Other than that, absolutely take a look through, you've been around a long time, pass on the knowledge to the youngin's.   Wink

If anyone else is interested, and doesn't have an account, just go through the 'Request account' link, and we'll set it up. You don't have to commit to making a ton of changes, even if you skim through a page and see if it's clearly written, uses complete and current information. Even if you don't want to create an account, if you post to this thread, we can go through and make the changes, if we have some information to correct.

Even something as simple as this exchange, we can certainly add a blurb about the fact that the Vamp Lord robe is in fact useless, or is useless now, but was once tied to a quest. Even fun trivia information is entertaining, especially from people like Raygan who have been here for a long time, and have insights about what's changed.

-Draca
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:32:43 am by Draca » Logged

Ginge
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 02:12:25 pm »

I applied for an account to edit the wiki about a year ago so if you need another I don't mind adding or removing stuff..

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 03:35:55 pm »

I will be checking all of the applications when I can, and get people approved. Thanks Tank.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 03:46:19 pm »

Would like to help aswell … but I am german so I don‘t know if that would be ok for you.

Like I wrote in the broken stuff thread: there are a lot of things missing. Especially T10 and Halloween Event.

But if Tankus gets his access everything will be fine and fancy
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 03:55:05 pm »

Would like to help aswell … but I am german so I don‘t know if that would be ok for you.

Like I wrote in the broken stuff thread: there are a lot of things missing. Especially T10 and Halloween Event.

Like I said, even if you make suggestions to this thread, everyone who gets an editing account can go in and make the changes, so you'll certainly be of help.

-Draca

omnikain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 11:42:02 pm »

Dude, 96% of Americans speak/write far worse English than you.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 06:43:54 pm »

All queued accounts have been approved. I go through every month or so and bulk approve

The reason why we do approval based is for obvious reasons, spam

You can see all of the users here:

http://wiki.ezserver.online/Special:ListUsers

EZ Server GM
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 03:33:09 pm »

While reading Tankus post about broken necro AA I was wondering if there is a list for every class about helpful/necessary/important AAs, discs, abilities, spells, clickies?

This would be very interesting

Mongo
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 05:52:42 pm »

Hey all

Sorry, not had a great deal time of time recently to play much, but been messing with the wiki when i can

I have updated/added some pages - main page/getting started/instances/Items-Mounts, +progression zones loot lists

Plenty still to go throu......

Draca
Still newish to MediaWiki stuff, so if any issues, no prob with fixing or reverting back if you want to.

Or if others want to post issues here and will look at what i did wrong Smiley

Chief/Red

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 10:18:00 pm »

Thanks Chief, let me know if you need any help with anything. I generally just found an example of what I needed and copy/pasted to fit my needs.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 06:20:23 am »

Dont know of this is the right thread but why is there almost no information about:

HW weapons
HW quest weapons (is anybody using them at all?)
HW accessory items (like Gorgons charm thing)
HW quest accessory items
That Cratos weapon (some got it and seem to use it)

With next hw event starting soon hopefully it would be good to have some information if possible
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 11:46:08 am »

I am working on a HoS page, it's currently on my own system to play with atm.

I will try to upload before the next event, although it will be far from complete
But will have some basic info on quests / drops

Chief

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64971
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 95