Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:43:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Floating Skull Bane Damage  (Read 1934 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:24:30 pm »

Other than cut and paste what reason is there for UW (past T7) to have Floating Skull Bane Damage? Would seem each tier UW should have bane damage for a mob type in THAT tier zone.  Just seems like an idea to throw onto your work load.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:31:39 pm »

I think the short answer is that it allows for people with higher UW's to still go back and attack Floating Skull without needing an actual bane weapon for it.

I think that done right, the use of bane weapons, or weapon effects can be an exciting addition to content, without seeming like an obvious time sink (although it's EZ Server, so there would be time sinks either way). I think for example, having a boss fight that includes adds that while not big hitters, would require at least part of your group to equip a bane weapon you'd have to quest for beforehand in order to deal with. It's also possible to make a boss that goes generally invulnerable for a 'burn' phase, and requires specific bane weapons to defeat.

I personally prefer bosses that require some trial and error to defeat. Vyskudra (sp?) in Sleepers Tomb is actually an excellent boss, despite his knockback. Once you realize that the first player with agro will always get kicked, regardless of the current target, it becomes slightly more trivial, but figuring that out is rewarding. Abyxcos, while frustrating for those without Bards, is still a good boss. Perhaps a one trick pony, but as one of the early players into Sleeper, I got plenty of tells from people who couldn't figure that one trick out. I think Rent did a really good job with Sleeper, perhaps a few early bugs, but as someone who spends hours everyday trying to squash those same bugs in my boss scripts, I have a new appreciation for the work he put into it.

I will always put a high priority on boss fights, and letting people figure out exactly what they need to do to kill it, and punishing players who just trying to bull rush everything.  I will do my best to include new (to EZ Server) mechanics, and generally push people's limits.

Didn't mean to hijack this, but I ramble...

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:26:06 am »

Had a thought for a while now about using augments as bane damage modifiers, ie using the unused type 30 aug slots on UW's, doing a mini quest in relevant tier to acquire could be fun , then could swap back to farm earlier content. just an idea to mull over,  good or bad, but aug seems to work on my test server

Might be a bit of work, but willing to help with query's if wanted to go further with the idea in the future

Just some example pics below, aug / weapon without / with aug

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 12:10:43 pm »

There’s so many things that we can do, and will be actively pushing towards trying new things, while also filling in some missing pieces, like unusable aug slots, that have been incomplete since they were originally designed.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 05:42:45 pm »

That is an EXCELLENT idea, Red!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members