Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:19:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: ZP Availability  (Read 6435 times)
Sanjii

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 03:01:40 pm »

Yeah mines a frog too and it was supposed to be male ...

Not a big diff but all my illusions are bald and I prefer having hair. Anyways I would gladly toss some money to fix my idiocy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:04:53 pm by Sanjii » Logged
Marcone

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:25 am »

Alternative ways to aggro the whole zone might be an idea.  Like a quest to unlock zone pull on zone in by zone or tier could be interesting.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2022, 01:55:21 pm »

Here's my take on this which obviously is full of my opinions which you may or may not heed. When I started on this server many years ago I finally made it to the first custom content PoT, zoned in and a high level was pulling the whole thing... they didn't need anything so I looted everything and was on my way to the next tier in an hour or so. Something very similar happened in LDON and before I knew it I was in PoD without ever really having played any of the content. I was used to moving up fast so playing myself felt boring and insufficient; high levels would zone in and I'd just grab crap they didn't need. I realized that I was missing the entire game for no good reason so I started over.

On my second play through I decided that I wouldn't interact with ANYONE, everything I did would be for myself and I'd enjoy the struggling and progression. The problem is that people are nice and for a high level the things you need have little to no value so they will be happy to push you through an entire tier in a short period of time. Even without ever asking for it, I've pretty much had to thankfully decline help at every tier. The player base is mostly friendly and it costs them almost nothing to make your party significantly stronger. The thing is, in the end, there's nothing really waiting for you at the end of this game, this isn't a AAA title, content won't outpace your progression. Enjoy the content, much of it is really good and I'm actually shocked at how good progression feels through the tiers when you have the gear you are supposed to have. The most fun part of each tier is getting your butt whooped for a minute, being fragile and in danger and seeing your raid grow in strength... it also makes the heavy farming parts much more tolerable because the early gearing is actually impactful. I could go on and on about this and it's now the approach I take in basically every EQ emu and I think it makes them much more enjoyable.

I was already in T9 or T10 when ZPs were released and I didn't farm too many of them during the initial Halloween event but I think if you get used to zooming through the game at that speed, you won't be happy with the game at normal speed.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 12:24:57 pm »

I say Play as you want. You don't have to take help at all, people know some people want to take it slow here. If they don't listen simply leave the zone.
Personally, I would take the help, get your crew up fast and once you are at the top make a new group and go through the content at your own pace. There are instances so you can absolutely do as much or little on your own here. I have restarted at least ten times here and have had a blast doing it. It's nostalgia on rewind yet I find something new each time through.
If you ooc something you are going to get people who want to help, it is actually part of the charm here and we have all reached out for help from time to time, it is just that we have had the content maxed out for so long here thus the push for new content and older players taking a good break.
Believe it or not this community is a sign of success, so many gamers wish they had it this good on their servers.  

I would say that it would be a blast to have a concurrent server that started from scratch here with all content unlocked or a progressive version of this server that reset every 2 years or so. You know what's going to happen going into it, there is no need to hord materials or something you live for the moment. That would be doable and practical because it would be a completely seperate entity.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 12:36:32 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2022, 12:39:57 pm »

I would say that it would be a blast to have a concurrent server that started from scratch here with all content unlocked or a progressive version of this server that reset every 2 years or so. You know what's going to happen going into it, there is no need to hord materials or something you live for the moment. That would be doable and practical because it would be a completely seperate entity.

There have been discussions around different versions of EZ, content wouldn't be vastly different, but availability of certain items would be. No time frame, or anything concrete, but Akkadius has indicated his approval of such a server, so we'll see where that leads in the future.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 12:07:05 pm »

That would be awsome I think. Would even have the opportunity of tweaking it quite a bit, we are most likely going to have to do this eventually anyways. Think of actually being able to scale evasion and such so that we can actually use it in future content.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Ginge
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 11:03:06 am »

I think there should be a daily limit on ZP's, maybe that'd stop people dragging other people through tiers of content in a week..

Tank
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 12:31:12 pm »

I think there should be a daily limit on ZP's, maybe that'd stop people dragging other people through tiers of content in a week..

Tank

The best way to do that and incorporate ZP drops in my opinion would be to have 2 different ZP items. One would be the one that is currently only drops in game in the Halloween event whenever that is live, (if that is the correct information). The 2nd would be one that would drop wherever, would be lore, unlimited casts but a really long cool down. Maybe have different tiers of it to reduce the cool down. Or could even be a quest item that could be upgraded like several of the other items we have. Just some thoughts.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 01:18:56 pm »

Hmmm you can pull a whole ass zone?

Ginge
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 01:44:06 pm »

Hmmm you can pull a whole ass zone?

Yes Nate, you can pull every mob in a zone apart from Sleepers..

I don't really do ZP's as it's no fun to just stand there click a stick and wait for the mobs to arrive to die and then use loot macro to loot them all, that's just me though, I might do it in at halloween but even that I can't really get enjoyment from.

Tank
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:45:37 pm by Tankus » Logged
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 01:45:16 pm »

yup, been a thing for a few years now - Wiki ZP Page

Ginge
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 01:51:09 pm »

lol, extremely rare is a bit of a push, some people have 20,000 of them banked...and continue to farm them when halloween is on like they can't possibly miss out on getting more...to put that in perspective they are $2 each on the credit merchant, people have in excess of $40,000 of zone spears just hanging around... I find that highly amusing..

Tank
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 01:57:37 pm »

lol, extremely rare is a bit of a push, some people have 20,000 of them banked...and continue to farm them when halloween is on like they can't possibly miss out on getting more...to put that in perspective they are $2 each on the credit merchant, people have in excess of $40,000 of zone spears just hanging around... I find that highly amusing..

Tank

yeah it's funny  Smiley - the zp page needs updating to include HW zone, they are a little more common there p

Edit - added a quick note on that p
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 02:03:51 pm by Chieftan » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2022, 06:44:41 pm »

These issues primarilly came about due to people reaching the ceiling and having nothing else to do for so long. So they helped others skip through content and made 100 alts that are top tier. They stacked resources.

Fixing old content that is already here is a very slippery slope and almost impossible to really "fix" without some major nerfs (disable zp or delete all but some, ((possibly make new long refresh item,)) make exp single target or self) and don't forget, even doing these drastic measures would still leave things very lop sided as the rich stay rich and all content up to sleepers trivial.

Best solution I see is leaving things as are here. Make a clone server (without the toons) and dial back evasion, disable all ZP (or create new long refresh item) and make exp buffs single target. Every other "solution" is just a bandaid. The new server will have future content. This one either wont or will have things added very.....very slowly.

In conclusion, without severly nerfing things and pissing everyone off there really is no way to "fix" these things...and content is going to be a huge bitch to create.

I would say we should in general step back from mass buffing and pushing people through content. It only seems to spoil the fun in the end for a lot of people. I will always be available to help kill a boss or give someone those last 5 essences to get that next UW but I wont hand hold anymore.

The worst thing I heard the other day was someone complaining about the "long camps" of mass pulling for resources. Yikes. It took me the better part of a year to get my first set of gnoll armor, and I don't even know how long for orc.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 07:36:58 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

Ogru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2022, 12:26:04 pm »

A "solution" to Zone Pulling would be to give it a debuff on cast that either decreases Guardians effectiveness or decrease Stonewall slightly so that it would make zone pulling in your current tier very hard or impossible, but still allow you to use it in one or two tiers back. I am sure a lot of people would not like that, but in my opinion, being able to zone pull your current level of content cheapens that content. Going back to some trivial tier to farm something is one thing, but ZPing SR and making all your other characters pointless isnt a good game mechanic.

One thing that might help as far as pulling people through content goes, is that rather than making EXP buffs, single target, they could be set to scale down (more than they already are, if that is even working) and all other buffs could be made to scale down to the appropriate level as well. For instance if Crab IV is cast on a lvl 70, they would only get Crab I. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)