Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:05:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Zone Development Update  (Read 6778 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 01:25:16 pm »

I will say....it really does seem to me that Drac is taking this on from a quality not a quantity perspective. I admit, this kind of freaked me out at first, but I reconsidered after realizing that my frustration is from a couple of years of stagnation before he stepped up.. not because he is taking his time to get this right.

I thoroughly think he is on the right track with this, I believe in this project and support 100% do what you need to do and I will be here to help out if needed. 

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2021, 09:42:12 am »

Thank you for allowing so many things to be stacked. I had hope T10 souls would be one of those too. But alas it didn't make the cut.

I would like to report tho that the T10 Blackburrow expedition is broken. After seeing Mayong talk, it zones you into T10 Blackburrow. Instead it just stops there and nothing further happens.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2021, 12:32:37 pm »

I've reported the expedition issue to Akka, I assume this is a new problem? 

So we've started with the items we did, because we want to see how many issues we have with people handing in stacks of items, instead of one of them. Depending on how much I have to help people recover items, will determine whether we change additional items to stackable. I chose the faction weapons in Sunderock as they are certainly the most consistent and bag filling loot you get there (along with the EBD), so we'll see how it goes.

-Draca

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2021, 11:07:13 am »

Yes its a new problem. Now Soco just stands there and takes all my responses and then ports me out and right back into SR. No expedition quest even.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 09:39:34 am »

Just though i'd post my result in the issue on T10 Expedition, First time i tried since code update although slightly different for me

All zone into Dreadspire Keep fine, script goes through as normal and ends the script with the sequence completed message on the expedition leader. No port to BB or SR
Leader is then free to run around dreadspire, all alts are stuck/leashed at zone in point, all have to gate out from dreadspire manually

Chief

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2021, 09:05:05 pm »

Quick Update:

So as many know, my first content development is going to take place in Karnor's Castle, but now I am not so sure about how great an idea that is. In order to keep the suspense of crawling through the zone, the spawns would be fast, and plans are for summoning to be disabled, however the more I am in the zone, the worse it seems for our style of boxed gameplay.

So, I wanted to give you the quick backstory as to why I picked it to begin with. My friend and I picked up Everquest within a week of it's release, both rolled Human Paladins, and toiled away with them for some time. Eventually we realized how mediocre Paladin's were, so he rolled a SK and I rolled a Druid,  Dracaena (his SK, but where Draca originates) and Croton (my Druid) respectively, and yes those are both names of houseplants, we literally looked through some houseplant book he had laying around to pick names. Anyway, towards the end of 'classic'? EQ, I started to raid pretty hardcore, enough that we didn't have much time to play together. He always enjoyed trying to solo in Karnor's Castle, so I'd borrow a guildies Monk and we'd go deeper than he could make it on his own, and I really enjoyed that, because I could tell he was having a good time. So that only lasted for maybe 3-4 months before Velious came out, and it wasn't a challenge to get deep into Karnor's for him solo, but that time remains one of my most cherished memories of him. So, this story winds it's way around to a couple months ago, and my friend, for reasons that escape everyone who knew him, killed himself. So, when Akkadius and I came to realization that I would be better served starting small and going from there, Karnor's was the only zone I thought of, and stuck with it despite some obviously accurate observations about it's shortcomings as it relates to our type of gameplay.

So, since my journey down memory lane shouldn't translate into a poor content experience for you, I'm looking for ideas for a Kunark zone to use. General theme will remain as in Karnor's, with Drolvargs, some Iksar undead, Venril in some capacity, and some new additions, but all those can be loaded into any zone.  I'd love something that's not wide open, or enormous, but ultimately if it's a cool zone, I'm open to anything.
I'm not crying, you're crying.  Cry

-Draca

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2021, 11:22:30 pm »

That is a touching story, drac. I too had a tragic incident in my life just last year, and it has changed me forever. I am still not over it and don't know if I ever will be.  

As for zones, unrest, befallen, najena come to mind.... and crushbone.  I think crushbone might be the easiest layout, we could always change the dagger and shield for fighter's guild drop in another newb friendly zone or in lguk on different mob or  something.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 11:24:42 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2021, 07:24:25 am »

Sorry to hear about your friend, Draca  Sad

How about Howling Stones (Charasis)?  Some issues with that zone:
1) locked doors - rogue/bard can pick or have the temporary keys that random mobs drop
2) trap fall carpets - would separate your group - no summoning would provide a challenge/annoyance
3) smallish zone - or possibly the right test size?
4) key quest - Durgroz has no dialogue but handing him items and he still gives a key to access the zone.

Just a thought...
Clowncopter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 09:00:27 am »

Either Great Divide, Eastern, or Western Wastes.

Throw in the Ring War event to upgrade our Ring of Ages past 1000 and you got yourself a hell of a zone.
Ginge
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 12:23:21 pm »

People don't read good it seems..

Kunark zones that'd be good.

Kurns tower

Veeshans Peak...

Tank
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 12:38:07 pm »

Overthere love :-)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 02:16:14 pm »

Overthere love :-)

One of the large open zones would be interesting to see!

Jondag

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »

City of Mist, Kaesora, or Veeshan's peak would be my choice/
Sanjii

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 03:09:57 pm »

City of Mist, Kaesora, or Veeshan's peak would be my choice/

I'm not at the end game but going through VP would be something to look forward to!

Sanjii
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 07:48:29 pm »

I think Veeshan's Peak would be a decent zone as well.  Spacious but can still dungeon crawl.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64971
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)