Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Client Crash when ZP ToFS  (Read 1603 times)
Rangewind

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2021, 08:42:12 pm »

Not sure of what has changed to cause this but I have run into a problem of when I ZP TOFS my war will crash to the char screen.  I was starting to think it was the partials and how fast things get to me but I feel like its something else causing this on my end.  I have not made any client changes.  I did go though and do drive updates to try and figure this one out but no changes there.  Does not matter if I have 2 or 18 online only my war will drop.  Used to ZP without problems so taking suggests of what I can try to get this to clear.

Computer specs

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
64.0GB RAM
ASRock X399 Taichi
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB
Ginge
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:17:16 am »

Happens to me all the time, I'm told it's something my end but if it happens to other people I'm guessing it's not my end, Happens to me in Sunderock as well but again, I'm told that it's a problem my end, despite a few others suffering the same fate...

Tank
Battoth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 09:36:12 am »

It's not a crash it is the server ratelimit on packages sent to client.

You need to enable ServerFilter=1 in your eqclient.ini and then remove as many filters in your alt-o settings ingame.

That will stop the dc to char server
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 11:47:54 am »

You need to enable ServerFilter=1 in your eqclient.ini and then remove as many filters in your alt-o settings ingame.

I'll give that a whirl Smiley

Tank
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:22:14 pm »

This made a improvement for me.  Anyone else got more suggestions lol.

Edit - One difference I have noticed with ZP this time around is that things are more of teleporting to me and not pathing so this could be part of why I am getting the packet overload and DCing that I did not have before
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 02:48:26 pm by Rangewind » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 09:03:03 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5600.msg70868#msg70868

I made a macro to help in setting the appropriate in game filters, this allows you to save filter sets and load sets on the fly without having to spend time clicking dop downs on the options screen.

I had a discussion with Akka once where he clarified in game filters being the best thing to control the rate of incoming information for the client to process as each running instance will parse each packet and this will limit the packets.

Combine in game filters and mq2 filters and you shouldn't have issues in any zone.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)