Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: 10.67, Tier 11 & Other Things....  (Read 13099 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2021, 11:22:13 am »

I have 18 toons flagged for t10, I have 3 toons in Full UA, I have been in SR for over a year...

I will not zone pull it because I

A) Shouldn't have to(It's a perk not a required mechanic)
B) I and other people tend to go LD and were told it's a problem our end and nothing to do with EZ.

Every time I try to argue the point it just gets shit on..

Are you rotating zones or just waiting for respawn? Even without ZP, seems like your kill rate is low if those numbers you stated were correct. The 3-4 GSS I got while grinding faction, without ZP, I did in 3-4 days of solid playing (6-8 hours a day). All these are rough estimates because I dont typically track these things closely.

I agree that you shouldn't have to ZP...and you dont...but what you do have to do is consider the fact that it exists and everyone else on the server does use it. So the question becomes, should we tune to the drop rate for a couple people or the majority of the server? This is why your argument that gets shit on.

Honest question here. Have you done everything you can to trouble shoot the LD issue or are you not interested because you just don't want to ZP? I recall many years ago when I was zone pulling PoTime (manually running around the entire zone because the ZP item didnt exist at the time) I would go LD half the time. After optimizing my client (i think it was the filters that ultimately fixed it for me) it was resolved.

This is more than a grind for an item, it's an intentional time sink to stop people progressing to the next tier that we don't even have yet..which makes no sense whatsoever,

It is an intentional time sink.....but not to stop people progressing. It was something to progress with in the absence of a T11. Sooo many people have completed T10 then just quit. GSS gave those people the choice to stick around with something to work toward or quit, which they were going to do anyway. It was intentionally made to be a long time sink because it was clear that T11 was a far ways our (and likely even a real possibility that it would never come out).

I understand the introduction of them 5 years ago or whenever it was but the fact that we still don't have new content should change that drop rate so people aren't still trying to get the gss to get to 10.5 five years from now.

I dont follow the logic here. We are pretty much in the same position we were in when GSS were introduced. There still is no T11. Why would it then make sense to speed up an optional grind?  UA was always intended to be optional, so I would assume anything viewed as being main/required content that comes out of 10.5 or 10.67 will be obtainable in T11. I am sure there will be one or two trophies or toys that you can only get from 10.5 and 10.67 but that will be up to each individual player to choose if they want to embark on the GSS journey to get them or not.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2021, 01:35:11 pm »

A decent internet connection and "/filter name add *text that spams windows" goes a long way in preventing you from going LD during ZP.

Ginge
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2021, 07:47:49 am »

A decent internet connection and "/filter name add *text that spams windows" goes a long way in preventing you from going LD during ZP.

It only happens in SR and infrequently in ToFS, fine in every other zone so it's hard to tie it down to my filters or my internet connection(100mb), I've had filters done for years, makes no difference in SR for some reason...

This is why I get frustrated when people say it must be a problem my end or it's my fault it's doing it, if it does it in 1 or 2 zones then it can't be down to something my end surely?

Tank
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2021, 11:46:32 am »

There are many factors really, not just your internet connection and filters. Let me sum up a few:

- Where you pull from and how you pull. Do you find a good spot and let mobs come to you, or are you circling them in and then go? The more mobs hit you at the same time, the heavier the hit on your computer and connection.

- How fast the mobs die when pulled. The more mobs that cluster up and beat on you, the heavier the hit is on your machine and connection.

- Some zones are just heavier on your computer than others. This is due to the amount of mobs in the zone, the models, big maps and mobs takes longer to die, to mention some.

- Filters and connection obviously. Also it helps with a good computer. I clocked my I7 a few years back and improved my boxing performance a lot along with adding more memory.

- Do you ZP with one toon alone close to the mobs or do you have your entire team nearby? Moving most of the toons away from main tank when ZPing also helps.

These are just at the top of my mind. I understand that it's frustrating to LD during a ZP.. possibly die and waste a ZP. It's true what you are told though. This issue of yours is not on the servers end. Most likely it's related to your software and / or hardware setup, your connection or the way you perform the zone pulls.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:49:33 am by Sarthin » Logged

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2021, 12:23:38 pm »

On another thread dimur (I guess) posted some stuff to prevent from going LD. That sums up most pf sarthins tipps.

I only go LD (sometimes) in SR and Tofs aswell. And it is all about how mich data/information gets in at a time. And the more toons you got near you the more data comes in and the more likely you will go LD.

Try ZP in Tofs with Tankus only, looking at the bottom and you wont go LD .. bring some toons with you and you will likely go LD. Same goes with SR… try some scenarios… also try that viewport thing and you will get better results.

In SR I always start with my warrior and after a while I let my other toons join the fun. Works like 98% of the time.

On the other hand. Going LD while ZPing in SR you wont get knocked back from juggs ;-) so it can be helpful lol
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2021, 06:17:58 pm »

Another thing.. make sure you use client side filters. Almost forgot this.. MQ2 hides the text but doesn't prevent it from being sent.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)