Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:09:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Zone Development Update - Tier 10.67  (Read 4847 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 03:46:52 pm »

VP tuning should make it do-able by a 6-man group, however there are a few variables that may or may not have mattered to this point. First is group composition, where a single paladin healing may not be sufficient in the later areas of the zone. There are several quests available in the zone to boost the group heals of several underused/underpowered healing type classes, so 2 paladins isn’t the only solution to this. Second, while the 5 UA requirement is contentious, 5 piece UA is not likely enough to survive in the later stages of the level. This will somewhat solve itself, as Sarthin alluded too, and I’ve said repeatedly, GSS’s are considerably more common here. Third, the boss fights are by no means complex, but they will require more attention paid to mechanics, which means some more complex DPS usage, especially if you have limited numbers of them. Fourth, pulling and positioning discipline. There is almost no margin for error even with large groups, and next to none with smaller groups. In a typical 6-man scenario, a wandering add on top of a 2 mob pull will kill you 90% of the time. Finally, it’s going to be slower than you’re used too, and that’s to be expected. Sure, there are groups like Ekiir who still mow through these mobs, but he’s still trying to tank his pulls like anyone else, his margin of error is wider because stuff is dead considerably faster, that said, he wiped multiple times while testing.

If tuning needs adjustments when we go Live…then we make adjustments. Nothing is set in stone.

Sarthin - Thank you for the time, and feedback.

-Draca

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 05:21:40 pm »

For sure relying on only paladin heals won't suffice in the later stages of the zone. I know because I tried. Getting nuked for 5 mill+ means you need to stay focused regardless of how many toons you have and what DPS they deal. It also requires healers to top the tank up FAST. The main reason for my composition was to test the limits of the group I have live at the moment that are all ready for VP, as well as testing how 6-7 decently geared toons would do damage wise.

I've also played a bit with my entire crew which obviously kills the mobs a lot faster and gives you advantages in a dangerous zone.

What Draca says is also something I experienced. You really need to be smart about pulls and where you decide to fight mobs. Before you know it roamers come and make your life tough. A good geared off-tank will help a lot. My off tank saved me from wiping a couple of times. The dmg bursts takes time getting used to for sure.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 02:36:07 am »

The main thing i really like about this zone is the usage of other toons for dps/heal … at least in theory it sounds interesting. If it is a good thing will show. I have never played with a real need to heal with my cleric/druid/shammy .. so this will be quite a new style of playing for me then.

I also will have to look more into abilities, discs and spells of my other toons.

Oh this will be fun :-)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 8678