Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crash Zoning into Fighters Guild  (Read 2903 times)
Klogg

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:38:39 pm »

I crash about halfway loading into the fighters guild zone when using the ring or saying enter to the NPC. All other zones work fine and the game/server has played fine on all boxes. Entering the crafters guild works fine. I have tried:

Unloading MQ2
Redownloading the server files
Downloading and installing the server files do another directory with a fresh ROF2 client and launching from it

Anyone have any ideas?
Klogg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »

Rebooted and got to level 72 as well - still no dice. Dosent seem to be a file or flag issue.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 11:37:27 pm »

Did you ever figure out what it was? 

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:28:20 am »

Any news on this Klogg? Just got my ring and I keep crashing
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 04:47:01 am »

Do you get an error message and window closes or do you get ported back to nexus?
Do you have your epic 2.0?
Do you use a modified UI?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:23:42 am by wachna » Logged
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 07:50:08 am »

Just finished my epic 2.5, it locks up to where I have to use the charmover each time, and the crash doesn't say much beyond Sony eq live tried to display a crash message but couldn't (can't quite recall but I'll get the exact details tonight). No custom ui or anything just the standard install from the guide on the ez wiki
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:55:13 am by Ltrain66 » Logged
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 08:06:49 am »

Does this happen on one char or on several?
What happens if you reconnect without charmover? Another crash?
Did you dowload and correctly insert the latest ez server files?
Are you using rof2?
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 09:51:01 am »

Pretty sure I'm using rof2. Without using charmover it crashes again. Recently had updated and inserted the ez server files too, last week I think. This is the only char it happens on since it's the only character with the fighters guild, or any guild for that matter, completed
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 10:31:24 am »

Have you done anything with the GlobalLoad.txt in the resources folder ( from optimization guide )?
If not done right, this can cause zone crashes, worth a check, even if you haven't.

If you only have -
3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
In GlobalLoad.txt, then make sure you only have -
dke,dke

In illsalina_chr.txt in the main eq folder, if you have anything else, it will crash if only the above line in GlobalLoad.txt

May not be the cause, but worth checking.

Chief

Ginge
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:02 am »

Pretty sure I'm using rof2. Without using charmover it crashes again. Recently had updated and inserted the ez server files too, last week I think. This is the only char it happens on since it's the only character with the fighters guild, or any guild for that matter, completed

What's the in game name of the toon?

Tank
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 11:24:34 am »

Name of char is Bigtankz. I did do something to the global load so I'll make sure those settings are put in correctly before attempting again
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 12:19:52 pm »

Have you tried zoning in by hailing the Fighters Guild guy (I'm at work, can't think of his name) and having him port you, versus using the ring? Just curious if both ways result in a crash.

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 12:25:09 pm »

Chances are its the globalload, if been changed, come across this before, if people follow the optimize guide and change, then copy the server files over, it will crash, as the file in the server files is populated (illsalina_chr.txt) probably for the defunct expedition

Chief

Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 02:31:49 pm »

Thanks for the help all. I gave a few things to try and I'll report findings later on this evening or first thing tomorrow.
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 03:35:44 pm »

Chief was on point. I hadn't changed the illsalina_chr.txt in the main eq window and once I did I was able to zone in without issue. Again I want to thank all of you! You all make the EZ server experience great!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)