Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:02:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Loginserver Issues  (Read 8973 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:19:36 pm »

EZ Server has migrated away from the EQEmulator loginserver, as there were persistent issues with it's reliability. This means that you won't find EZ Server on the old loginserver, or at least not reliably.

Change your eqhost.txt to login.projecteq.net and use your EQEmu account per normal. eqhost.txt is found in your root Everquest folder, and should be changed to the following:

This should prove to be much more reliable in general.

EZ Server is not in the top level server section, and is in the alphabetical listing.

-Akkadius/Draca
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:33:00 pm by Draca » Logged

EZ Server GM
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 08:29:50 pm »

you the man!
Team Slow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 09:16:11 pm »

awesome thank you!

Redfeather | Turumbar | Osesk | Eshak | Huor | Tossacoin

WIP since 2010
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 09:37:23 pm »

I tried doing that but watch time the server list comes up and I select ez server it goes to the ez server test server instead and won't allow me to do the correct one
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 09:52:16 pm »

I tried doing that but watch time the server list comes up and I select ez server it goes to the ez server test server instead and won't allow me to do the correct one

This should be resolved now

EZ Server GM
Ltrain66

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 09:57:31 pm »

Thank you all seems to be good now!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 06:29:08 am »

As most know we've had login issues all day.

Change your eqhost.txt to login.projecteq.net and use your EQEmu account per normal

Code:
[LoginServer]
#Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

This should prove to be much more reliable in general

Not seeing our server on the list, other than test server......correction, our server is listed...just in white text directly above the test server...just isnt in the "legends" column anymore under the projecteq.net line
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 06:57:11 am by Raygan » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Sanjii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 09:57:32 am »

Noticed my MQ2 autologin was getting stuck at the server select screen after making this change. I made the following change to my MQ2AutoLogin config file:

Code:
;ez=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc
ez=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc

I think this is because we're not listed under the gold (Legends?) servers currently. You can find out what the server name is from the eqlsPlayerData file:

Code:
LastServerName=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc
Quazz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 02:21:15 pm »

I am not seeing a lot of servers mainly "Casual Dreams." Any idea how to find it again?
runwithscissor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 08:52:57 pm »

I changed what you suggested and logged in... it boots me back to the server select screen.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 10:00:10 pm »

Noticed my MQ2 autologin was getting stuck at the server select screen after making this change. I made the following change to my MQ2AutoLogin config file:

Code:
;ez=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc
ez=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc

I think this is because we're not listed under the gold (Legends?) servers currently. You can find out what the server name is from the eqlsPlayerData file:

Code:
LastServerName=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc

Thank you Sanjii, this worked for me.  Make sure you enter the server name as Sanjii listed, omit the commas
Ginge
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 06:39:59 am »

I am not seeing a lot of servers mainly "Casual Dreams." Any idea how to find it again?

Here is a link to their forum

https://forum.casualdreams.org/

Tank

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 05:50:37 pm »

Trying to login and currently not seeing ez server on the server list. It was there a few seconds ago then it wasnt again.  I did try to login with 1 account when I saw it and it timed out.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 12:36:43 am »

Finally got it working today. Just could not login, anytime I would see the server it would dissapear or not let me join, used the old eqhost and the new....new one is working now. I am finally able to participate! Woot!

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
darkfalcon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2021, 12:53:57 pm »

Hey, I'm getting the same LOGIN issues, i can SOMETIMES see the EZ Server, but it will error out/go back to login page.HELP PLEASE
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91