Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:35:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: 10.67, Tier 11 & Other Things....  (Read 13621 times)
Zentail

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 09:30:04 pm »

This is fairly simple, what do you guys want out of Tier 11?

Maybe this is just me, but the incredible grind of T5 and T10 and really captured that "hell level" feeling for progression. I'd love to maintain that idea, even if it was just coincidental, and save the next mega-grindy tier to be T15 (if/when you get there). That doesn't mean I don't want a grindy T11, but I think you know what I mean. The challenge of T5 when you first get there just isn't the same as T1-4 at all. And T10 is like 10x T5s combined in grindyness.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 10:13:31 pm »

Can we have the dates when each tier was released?

What’s the status of 10.67? How did the latest test go?
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2021, 08:12:31 am »

Can we have the dates when each tier was released?

What’s the status of 10.67? How did the latest test go?

Latest testing has been good, as usual, there's always some last minute things that pop up, so I'm getting those taken care of. I don't want to release a buggy zone. Working on a final review, and list of everything I need transferred to Live, so Akkadius can sign off. Slightly behind, but being as it's my first content, I'm not surprised. Expecting release with the next 7-10.

As for Tier releases, I don't know dates of previous releases, although you could likely search forum posts for that, as they'd have been announced.

-Draca

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2021, 12:28:25 pm »

It's been a few years since I was active on EZ now. Main reason being that the progress of the server took a serious halt and there was no person with time/motivation to move the server forward. That said, I do still read the forums occasionally and I suspect I will be back at some point.

Anyway, I wanted to drop in and give you a high five, Draca! I really like your work and dedication to EZ. It makes me really happy to see the server moving forward with new content Smiley

We did collect some ideas in this thread, it's outdated, but perhaps some ideas that are still interesting:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5667.0

Personally I love chain spawning bosses. There's just something about the excitement of killing one and hoping for the next in line.
I would also add something extremely rare off the last boss in a chain. Nothing game changing, but I suspect most end game players on EZ have more or less the same items. Go old school EQ and dress up people with various loot that not everyone else has. Gives a sense of uniqueness to each character Grin

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2021, 06:52:16 am »

I'm with Sarthin on the chain bosses and extremely rare final boss items.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2021, 07:43:12 am »

That's excellent information Sarthin, thank you. I have a list of resources and suggestions for future content, and I will add that to it.

I agree, incredibly rare and powerful items are always fun, especially on a grindy server like EZ. Since my life now revolves around specific numbers, how rare would you want it to be? Like UC4 dropping off Kerafyrm rare, or rarer than that?

Now, with chain bosses, spawn on top of the previous boss as in Hills of Shade, or chain spawn a boss in a different area that requires some clearing, or both?

-Draca
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 07:45:07 am by Draca » Logged

Ginge
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 08:47:47 am »

How rare exactly is Ucv4 off Kera, just out of interest...

Tank
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 09:23:43 am »

I might be part of a minority but extremly rare and luck based loot is not really what excites me. It already drives me crazy to farm svartmane because he is a very rare spawn of an already rare spawn lol.

But if I understand you correctly this would be a 1 in 500 loot of a chain boss that spawn 1 in x of a boss that spawns 1 in y … and that would be toooooo much to be fun (for me at least).

Spawning of chain bosses could be in various ways but no timer please
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2021, 12:40:11 pm »

Tank, exact drop rates aren't released, but being as I recently transitioned to the GM/Development role, I would tell you that I was really close with my drop rate guesses for almost everything of interest (yes, literally the first thing I looked at when I could.  Grin ).

Wachna, that's not an issue. If something like a super rare drop item doesn't appeal, the same item could be tied to an epic length quest that may require a similar amount of time, with more favorable scenery. I'm not a huge fan of quests like Wings of the Angel, where you're killing thousands of the same mob, but a combination of moderate kill quests, mid-rarity drops, and use of some other mechanics (forage, pickpocket etc.) would make for something different, with the same end result.

While I can't make everyone happy, this is the kind of input I need to get out the content people want. Veeshan's Peak will be the content I would have wanted, so we'll see how popular that is, and modify future developments from there. It's all about the input and feedback.

-Draca

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2021, 04:49:24 am »

How rare exactly is Ucv4 off Kera, just out of interest...

Tank

1 in 200 - 1 in 400 … that is what I have heard. So yeah… definitely what people would call „extremly“ rare based on the fact that kera is a very rare spawn itself …

And this is also why I like things like PB quest or wings quest more. You know what you got and what you get and when u get it …

The more luck is involved the less I like it. In every situation and in every game. That is why I really hate games with dices or card games or lottery .. bit I really understand people who like that aspect and I know that this is the majority
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2021, 06:07:31 am »

Draca, I think a variation of both is quite interesting. Some bosses would surprise pop up in your face when previous boss is killed, while some pop up a different place entirely. Maybe even with a despawn timer to make it more interesting to reach and kill it  Grin

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:03:41 am by Sarthin » Logged

Ginge
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2021, 06:30:19 am »

Tank, exact drop rates aren't released

-Draca

I only ask because I got ucv4 on my first Kera and then never see one again  Grin Grin

Understandable that actual drop rates aren't released Smiley

Tank
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2021, 07:03:50 am »

The rare items shouldn't be mandatory for progression like essences off Svartmane f.instance. Think of it like the old Pearl Kedge Totem. Not appealing for everyone to grind, yet rewarding for those that did.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2021, 11:39:05 am »

Tank, exact drop rates aren't released

-Draca

I only ask because I got ucv4 on my first Kera and then never see one again  Grin Grin

Understandable that actual drop rates aren't released Smiley

Tank

Well and you wonder why u only get shit loot these days? Haha
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »

There is some delay getting T10.67 out, so hang tight, it’s coming Soon®️

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent