Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: 10.67, Tier 11 & Other Things....  (Read 13097 times)
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2021, 05:13:53 am »

Nice update on the wiki chief. VP looks promising. I hope many of you can explore it soon :-)
tazz7777us

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 09:07:07 pm »

Would love to see Ssraeshza Temple thrown into the mix of progression sometime in the future!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2021, 06:55:25 am »

Trying to navigate tubes with a crap ton of alts would make this zone a HUGE headache. (ssrz Temple)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 06:52:06 am »

hello friends! finally made a forum account. I just wanted to publicly share a few ideas I had from my perspective as a player that started within the past year  that I personally thought might make EZ more enjoyable. I am clueless about coding and programming so I do not understand at all the process one has to go through to add content or change content. I really appreciate all of the time Draca and everyone else have invested in creating new content so I hope these suggestions do not come off as obnoxious or nagging. I Some of these have been discussed with draca in tells already but I just wanted to throw things out there publicly so others could give their thoughts on these suggestions too or tell me that I am a whining noob and should stfu  Smiley .

1. scepter of time
This quest could be reworked. It seems few players make the effort to advance the scepters after obtaining level 1 as the clicky effect remains the same throughout the ranks and by the time players are able to quickly dispose of the mobs required for the kill quest they can obtain the T7 range item and are using warrior epic 3.0 to pull. The addition of stones of impatience was a good idea to avoid players from having to do the quest 500+ times.
consider allowing stone of impatience to be used from rank 1+ of scepter and require 2x/rank
consider reducing dmg and HP of all mobs involved in the quest by 1/2 to allow players in earlier tiers to dispose of the mobs
consider changing the clicky to AE target or PBAE

2. T5
I heard there was a T5 expedition at one point with 3-4 random named mobs and a lock out timer? This sounds like it would be an excellent thing to bring back as I think the server loses a lot of players from the T5 grind. Certainly there still should be a grind but I think if there was an expedition players could do daily as an alternative or adjunct to grinding through the instance to help tackle the named they need that would also reward some hive shards for charm upgrades or w/e that it would give someone who is burned out from t5 the opportunity to at least log in daily and do the expedition until they find they're close enough to grind out the remaining named and progress.
consider bringing back the T5 instance if possible for daily 3-4 random named with 24h lock out

3. Bard mitigation
It looks like the Wee song fades after x amount of damage is absorbed.
consider removing the damage absorption component of the song and just making it flat % mitigation.

4. Druid skin like drake
If tanks need to use guardian charm or brawler's charm it seems this spell is not really that great if the healing is based off of the tanks healing.
Consider making this based off of the druid's healing like regen if possible.

5. Ultimate charm, brawler, guardian charms
Reading through the forums it looks like there have been multiple discussions on how brawler and guardian charms are broken and various recommendations to incorporate the brawler and guardian charms into ultimate charm. I would agree with these recommendations. I personally feel the guardian charm is over powered and its a little odd that it alone is better than the ultimate charm for certain classes. I would support extreme nerfs of the guardian and brawler charms and if this meant that people maybe had to think twice then about zone pulling certain zones then I believe it would be for the best.

6. T10
Rampage and wild rampage
So if I am right from what I have read on the forums this zone has been out for maybe 5 years? I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse then in talking about T10. Having alts who get one shot or two shot by ramp when they have full t10 gear or UA armor with insane goblin and SOA seems kind of silly. It sounds like rampage was put in place so players could utilize caster classes more and slow the grind but I think where the rampage stands now it's really just obnoxious and unnecessary.
consider removing rampage and wild rampage from T10 entirely or
allowing non tank classes to increase their mitigation further so they can take hits. This could be done by removing the absorption component of the bard melee mitigation song, reworking augs from stone hive like drop all defenses to allow for +mitigation/rank (5/10/15/20).

7. GSS
I have read through prior forum posts about how others have discussed the rarity of GSS and inquired as to whether the drop rate can be altered. I can appreciate but certainly cant fully comprehend as I am not a developer myself the frustration from the developer end about wanting an item that is ultra rare to obtain and trying to balance the time investment v. reward in a player base that invests A LOT of time into the game. I think given that there is now new content being developed that will require characters to have at least 3 GSS armor slots the server is maybe in a different place than it was a few years ago. UA armor will be UA by name but now part of the typical gear progression requirement. I would recommend the drop rate be re evaluated or there be made additional routes to obtain the GSS or the zone in requirements for these upcoming zones be adjusted.
-Consider making GSS no drop and allowing them to be obtained by killing 1000 plagueborn after players have already completed the 1000 plague born kill quest. If GSS remained droppable and they could be obtained from a quest, then players would make sure they're doing the quest on all 24 toons to quickly flag specific characters. Maybe this is okay but I think it might make the grind a little too easy and expedite the process faster than should be allowed in my opinion.

8. T11
I think Kael sounds like a great idea but am worried the zone would be too small. Maybe Kael could be utilized for events that could be triggered from items gathered else where?
Consider adding western waste/eastern wastes/great divide as adjunct to Kael for T11 like HOH and poSKY if limited by space.

Thanks so much
Ginge
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2021, 12:27:11 pm »

I have to agree t10 ramp is just obnoxious and serves no purpose other than to make you play a warrior full time and maybe dot with a necro and autofire with a ranger, whilst the other 17 toons just stand there waiting to loot, unfortunately I dont think t10 will get changed as it was developed by someone else...lets not talk about the incessant knockback from juggs which is just a joke to be honest, no way should they be able to spam the knockback as much as they do but they do so constantly, hell Zugg and Rokki can both cast their knockback when they are at 1% and walking away from you, that's fucked up....below 5% they shouldn't be able to cast it in my opinion.

Can't even change the succour point out of the tree so I doubt they'll change the rampage and gss drop rate ...

Tank
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:49:36 pm by Tankus » Logged
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2021, 03:51:24 pm »

Good thing is that you get used to it .. it becomes a routine .. the knockback I mean .. the rampage just sucks. At least my other toons still can use ID so some of them can contribute to the fight and dont die from standing too close.

GSS drop rate is ultra bad but it should stay that way.
Abyss sucks but it should stay that way
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2021, 05:54:44 am »

Dragonscale Hills - Large outdoor zone

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=539

This was one of the zones I checked out for future T11 back a few years ago. It fitted what many wanted to see at that time.

Ginge
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2021, 10:52:21 am »

Good thing is that you get used to it .. it becomes a routine .. the knockback I mean .. the rampage just sucks. At least my other toons still can use ID so some of them can contribute to the fight and dont die from standing too close.

GSS drop rate is ultra bad but it should stay that way.
Abyss sucks but it should stay that way

It's the ability to knockback whilst moving that is the most infuriating, if we tried to cast and move it's a "Your spell has been interrupted" moment..

Tank
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2021, 11:27:31 am »

7. GSS
I have read through prior forum posts about how others have discussed the rarity of GSS and inquired as to whether the drop rate can be altered. I can appreciate but certainly cant fully comprehend as I am not a developer myself the frustration from the developer end about wanting an item that is ultra rare to obtain and trying to balance the time investment v. reward in a player base that invests A LOT of time into the game. I think given that there is now new content being developed that will require characters to have at least 3 GSS armor slots the server is maybe in a different place than it was a few years ago. UA armor will be UA by name but now part of the typical gear progression requirement. I would recommend the drop rate be re evaluated or there be made additional routes to obtain the GSS or the zone in requirements for these upcoming zones be adjusted.
-Consider making GSS no drop and allowing them to be obtained by killing 1000 plagueborn after players have already completed the 1000 plague born kill quest. If GSS remained droppable and they could be obtained from a quest, then players would make sure they're doing the quest on all 24 toons to quickly flag specific characters. Maybe this is okay but I think it might make the grind a little too easy and expedite the process faster than should be allowed in my opinion.

The whole point behind GSS, was to add an additional time sink into T10 while new content was being developed...I klnow because I came up with the idea with that sole purpose....new content just never came around.  GSS is not necessary for T10.  I know because I was playing T10 before UA came out...YEARS before it came out. T10 is far easier today than it was when it first came out. You have no spawning trains anymore that would wipe your entire raid at whim. GSS was supposed to be rare.  Heck it took me YEARS to get all 3 of my groups fully UA'd....nothing worth anything comes easy or over night....nothing is saying that UA will continue past T10.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2021, 09:31:41 pm »

I agree that the Rampage is an issue that could use an adjustment for sure. Chain casting mass resurrection, or just not using alts because they die 100% of the time isn’t really a challenging mechanic, its just an overtuned frustration. Expect some tuning there.

GSS’s drop as they should. Rare for sure, but given the overpowered nature of a few items that allow nearly 100% success rate on zone pulls, I don’t feel an adjustment is needed.

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2021, 04:16:01 am »

I agree that the Rampage is an issue that could use an adjustment for sure. Chain casting mass resurrection, or just not using alts because they die 100% of the time isn’t really a challenging mechanic, its just an overtuned frustration. Expect some tuning there.

<3.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2021, 09:52:08 am »

In T11 I would personally like to see the focus shift away from mass pulls and lean more towards single/double mobs at the time when clearing content. That would be smaller packs of mobs with high hp and strong hits. Makes it viable to bring along your other toons for DPS as well. This comes from someone who hasn't seen VP or Sleepers yet though. I'm just comparing it with previous tiers post UA.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »

In T11 I would personally like to see the focus shift away from mass pulls and lean more towards single/double mobs at the time when clearing content. That would be smaller packs of mobs with high hp and strong hits. Makes it viable to bring along your other toons for DPS as well. This comes from someone who hasn't seen VP or Sleepers yet though. I'm just comparing it with previous tiers post UA.

I like the idea of moving in this direction. Keep in mind I have also not seen VP or Sleepers.

I think it would be interesting to face an encounter where you had 2-3 mobs that each had an aura. Being in one aura would be manageable (or even not detrimental at all) but if you are in both or multiple auras it would be certain death. This would require a bit of coordination to off tank the mobs. Perhaps ramp it up one more degree and require that all of the mobs die within x seconds of each other or they CH/respawn. Obviously not everyone will have 2-3 fully geared warriors, nor do i think that should be a requirement for any of the content. I would recommend the "adds" to be tankable with other melee classes (PAL, DK, MNK, etc).

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2021, 05:18:35 pm »

Veeshan's Peak is very much in that vein, in fact for all but the most highly geared groups, any more than 2 mobs is likely a wipe. They use tiered unstrippable self-buffs to allow for nearly unlimited damage output with fine tunability, along with reducing incoming damage to allow for longer fights (reducing incoming damage is necessary, as there is a 3 billion hitpoint limit, which goes really fast with EZ's player damage output). There is some rampage damage in VP, but it should be survivable given the UA requirements. I don't mind larger pulls to allow people to get use from their AE classes, but I would likely use that for specific camps within a zone, not the whole zone.

Loyal, I like that idea, and is certainly doable. One of the bosses in VP is buffed when adds are not killed before they reach him, but those are simply a quick DPS race, as they path directly and don't agro. Great idea of overlapping auras or buffs though, certainly a workable idea.

Ginge
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2021, 07:31:48 am »

GSS’s drop as they should. Rare for sure, but given the overpowered nature of a few items that allow nearly 100% success rate on zone pulls, I don’t feel an adjustment is needed.

Another drop rate argument linked to zone pulling...Again, It's a perk not a given, the fact that you can "nearly 100% success rate" pull the zone shouldn't be an argument to not look at drop rates but it seems that way every time this subject gets spoken about, not everyone can or wants to zone pull, it's boring and I shouldn't have to do it to have a better chance of progressing.

Tank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678