Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: INI based UI mod  (Read 4772 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2021, 04:05:27 pm »

This is a modification of the Friends window, the purpose is to allow people to modify what they want displayed without having to hardcode everything in the XML file.  It's extremely beta at this time, only the first tab is fully fleshed out and I'm releasing it in the hopes of getting feedback from people for what they would like to see.

This is just my existing Friends window gutted out and refactored, so the code will see updates and the existing code will change so ignore the Progression and TBD tabs for now.

The INI file this window uses is easily modified and totally customizable.  There are 23 lines in the Items section, you can populate all of them or any combination of them to display items you want displayed.  The default code for the INI can be edited out, and the beauty of using the INI approach is not only the ability to customize but not having to reload the UI to see the updated changes.  As you modify the INI, save the file and the UI will read from the INI every time it parses.

To use this, you drop the EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml file into a custom UI folder (DO NOT drop this directly into your default folder) and drop the EZFriendsUI.ini file into your macros folder of your MQ2 directory.

Please leave feedback, good or bad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U8CVHD_GQttgx8JmLV3TPMoUIQc42BLL/view?usp=sharing <-- Link to EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml (put this in a custom UI folder)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KKr7VmKUoZZ5WAwJ4LI9xEJX1_rq57k2/view?usp=sharing <-- Share link to INI file (place in Macros folder of your MQ2 directory)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 06:30:28 am by Draca » Logged
itsakankie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 03:16:02 pm »

I like it mate, works like a charm Smiley
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 01:22:06 pm »

Awesome stuff Dim

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 04:51:07 am »

is it possible to run this with sars ui or ezui aswell?
This is very cool
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 05:33:37 am »

It will run with my EZUI, and pretty sure it would work with sars, dont think it uses the friend window for anything other than default use. I'm having a play with it, very cool

Chief
Edit, Yes it also works fine with sars, sars doesn't have a custom piece as default.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 07:02:43 am by Chieftan » Logged

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 10:27:19 am »

Yeah now I will gave to wait for dimur to add the other Progression tabs or edit the xml myself

Mongo
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 02:27:11 pm »

Chieftan is the progression coder, we have a bit of back and forth between us talking about ideas and he's likely the one that will be doing the heavy lifting on the progression tab once we figure out what we want to do with it.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 04:12:42 pm »

Just my update to this for now, a little bigger window for my setup
4 tabs, each with 25 items that can be checked for inventory and bank counts

Change the INI as you want, just need to add or remove whats to be tracked

No idea if just my setup, but roses from sleeper adds 1 to the inventory count, bank count is correct
Not figured that one out yet

Enjoy!
Dimurs INI Friend Window

.xml goes in your UI folder
.ini goes in your mq2/macro folder
Just a reminder Smiley

Thanks again Dimur

Chief

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 01:42:42 pm »

I've updated the XML code and the INI file to include the Progression tab.  The tab acts as a spawn tracker and you can assign any progression tier section to watch for.

In the EZFriendsUI.ini file under [Settings] you assign your desired value to ProgressionTier= value and then create the section in the INI file you want to track spawns for.  Please see the INI file for an example using Temple of Veeshan spawn trackers, attached is also a photo of what the current ini shows.

Again, questions/comments can be posted here in this thread or reach out to me or Chieftan in game.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 04:50:37 am »

Hi all
Just a note on this, after speaking with Dimur (a lot)  Smiley - to use the progression tab, you will need to use the newer build of MQ2 from mqemulator.net Here
Maudigan has updated his build from a much newer source in the last month or so

This is needed as the ,(comma) Delimiter is causing issues with If checks
The newer mq2 builds allow an alternate delimiter to be used, this needs changing to the pipe symbol | in the macroquest section of the macroquest.ini
IfAltDelimiter=|

This is all thanks to Dimur, the MQ2 Guru

Another addition, optional but means you do not need to change the ProgressionTier setting, can be done by mq2
Make a folder in your mq2 folder called Configs
Put the below zoned.cfg in that folder

Each time you zone, it will change the ProgressionTier in the .ini to the zone shortname

Enjoy!
Chief

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:21:20 am by Chieftan » Logged

akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 10:54:07 am »

Thanks Dim and Chief!

Chief- for the new build on mqemulator.net, do you know if it runs the newer macros like E3 from PEQ server?  I know that is super vague but on PEQ they made a pretty kick ass macro called E3.  That macro only works with the newer versions (when compared to Mauds compile) of Mq2 so I was never able to use the MQ2 from mauds site on Ez unless I wanted to redo a ton of work.  It seemed that the syntax was just incompatible.

I will try it tonight but I was curious if you had experimented with it at all.

I know the addons that have been developed here are awesome for EZ but using the newer version of MQ2 (not mauds) they don't run right but if i use Mauds i cant use the E3 haha.

Real world gaming problems, HAHA.

Thanks again guys!
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 11:11:17 am »

Well had I gone to your link and read the front page from Maud "The part I'm most excited about is its E3 compatible, and has MQ2Nav." .....

Cool, looks like there will be some playing with UIs this weekend!
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2021, 08:01:11 pm »

Be aware that parts of MQ2Nav, such as automating a pre-determined route, including navigating characters to to another character which requires complicated routing that is automated by a plugin, is not allowed. Yes, there are many grey areas and loopholes being used on EZ, but don’t expect I’ll turn a blind eye to violating the rules simply because they haven’t been enforced for some time.

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 05:37:01 am »

Sorry Draca - should have mentioned on the new build
Maud has a EZ specific build which does not include MQ2NAV, and would advice all not to use and disable if you have the standard build, we never have had it before, so nothing is lost
I have updated the link so takes you direct to the EZ Classic download

Chief- for the new build on mqemulator.net, do you know if it runs the newer macros like E3 from PEQ server?  
i have heard of it and think has been mentioned here before, but never played with it, if it is any kind of automation macro or one click does all, then it would be a no go here I'm afraid
If for some other use, then only Akka/Draca could advice if allowed here.

Chief
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:45:21 am by Chieftan » Logged

akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 12:34:27 pm »

Yes sorry, just to be clear that was literally a copy paste off Mauds site.  The reference to E3 macro is all I was meaning.  MQ2Nav isnt in the EZ build like Chief mentioned.

Chief- the only automation I use in E3 would be the healing and buff monitoring, I would have to get clarification to make sure those are ok.  Now admittedly I haven't used or needed those features in forever since you don't need them at a certain level.  For the most part it is a great Macro that puts your toons attacks and spells on one easy character sheet so that when you send "Assist on %T" they proceed to assist using those parameters of spell names and attacks.  I believe that is inside the letter of the law for the server as you must send a command, however I would defer to a judges ruling for sure.

For the most part it is a non issue as usually your just dragging your other toons around for kill cred and loot. 

Now once we get into 10.667 that will change and I certainly do not want to break those rules.

Thanks all

Tankmeout
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81