Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2022, 04:00:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Players & Retain PLayers  (Read 636 times)
itsakankie

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »

Hi All,

Just some random thoughts about new players and how to keep them playing.

from time to time we all see someone new playing the game, most the time they are playing a solo class and not progressing and end up leaving fast. Its a shame to see people leave so quickly. So the question I pose for discussion is how can we stop this?

Is it because people see EZ in the server title and associate that with Easy?
Is it because we do not promote this server as a place where you need to box to progress?
Do we elaborate enough in the wiki or wherever they find us what this server is about?

This also leads to the big question why do people quit after they have created their crew and managed some progression. I think we all agree that T5 is most likely the killer. Are their other zones/quests etc that are maybe causing people to leave/burnout?

I was very lucky, I enjoyed T5 (4 times) and have had some amazing people help me from start even up into Sleepers. We all agree we have a great community and everyone is more than willing to help, either by giving items or offering solid advice.

So whats everyone thoughts on the above questions, how can we grow so more people can enjoy what we do.

Thanks for reading
Tankus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:52 am »

The problem with EZ these days is people are too eager to show off and drag new players though content and provide them with the materials to make their Ultimate weapons... It should take more than a month to reach T10.5 but I've seen new players literally spoon fed all the way to sleepers and then quit because there isn't anything else to do ..

That being said I will always help someone if they need it but I won't do content for them, if someones slogged through t5 and has 5 mobs left that's different, They just need that extra help to get over the line.

If new players had to actually do the content for themselves there would be more people staying I feel.

Tank
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 01:52:13 pm »

It is also an individual thing… every player comes to this server with an expectation what to get and how to get it…

I think many player struggle to find more motivation if they realise that they have to play warrior as their main character. When you want to be successful on this server you are limited in what you can do.

Also it is a whole different game compared to live EQ. This is also what many players could find not good. Not everyone is made for mass killing over and over again.

Tankus points are also correct. So there is much that can stop players from keep going
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:36:40 pm »

There have always been, and will continue to be new players who come and go through EZ. I think right now, because we've lost some active players due to stale content, EZ can seem a little bit quiet, with very limited OOC banter and that sort of thing. There's also the fact that EZ's name is a tad misleading, and our type of boxed grinding isn't for everyone, especially if they come through P99.  It will improve, and will continue to grow.

Sarthin

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 06:48:36 pm »

What about moving to a new host, like we recently did, won't that make us less visible than when we were on the eqemulator host?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63776
  • Total Topics: 4947
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 5576
  • (June 17, 2022, 11:02:26 pm)