Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: T11  (Read 6377 times)
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 10:00:40 am »

why chief? If you would be able to do instances and if you still only can activate Magorian 1 time per char, why would you not let people do that quest and kill him?

Simple, human nature/greed
as you say, you get one chance to kill boss, per char

If kill now (out of event time), could get x from him
If wait, and kill during event, still could still get x, and will get other loot (DL's/TL's/ZP's)

yes some may kill out of event time for mask/trg, but can guarantee, most wont
event time comes, and magorian is pera locked out as so many trying to spawn him

call me cynical, but it would happen

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 12:15:54 pm »

yes some may kill out of event time for mask/trg, but can guarantee, most wont
event time comes, and magorian is pera locked out as so many trying to spawn him

call me cynical, but it would happen

Agreed. Anyone who has the pieces they want on their Warrior would likely hold off until event time, I know I would.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 01:55:08 pm »

My idea was nothing of this sort at all though. When I suggested opening HoS it would be a reward for those who had done everything else conceivable on the server, so full UA, T11 flag and so on. A way to pay forward the amount of work farming GSS's, which people seem to care about for obvious reasons.

I was thinking they would gain access to the zone as a whole, 24/7. That includes opening the Key stone quest to repeatable, so you could at some point work towards having that gear for all the characters you wanted. Obviously some script changes would need to be made, no world shakes everytime someone spawned Mags and so on.

Eventually we should get a new Halloween zone going I think. I've actually found a few zones that has the same eerie scenery and weird looking NPS's as the HoS zone. Anything is possible with time and dedicated people.

Anyways, I am sure there are lots of other ideas on how to reward people for their UA in the new tier. It's good we get a discussion going regardless of the outcome.

Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 02:07:56 pm »

I think having UA armor for YEARS, was reward in of itself for grinding for UA armor. I'm not sure why anyone wants to keep it going in any way.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 02:26:56 pm »

I think having UA armor for YEARS, was reward in of itself for grinding for UA armor. I'm not sure why anyone wants to keep it going in any way.

Definitely. People have been able to do things otherwise impossible.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 04:38:09 pm »

Definitely. People have been able to do things otherwise impossible.

Don't know you can point at UA for that....more like the broken Guardian's Charm. It has been brought up in the past that player HP and DPS is too high and causes issues.....you mix all that with Guardian's Charm and people exploiting the Ultimate Augment that let's non tanks tank....you have a recipe for disaster....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 04:47:38 pm »

Had no problem zone pulling t10 or HoS without using guardian charm, it being broken was a problem, but it's not the end all.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 04:49:17 pm »

When I got back from over 2 years break back in November, I didn't even own a Guardian's Charm, it wasn't a thing back in in 2018/19. I still ZP'ed T10 and HoS without it, which would be impossible without UA. It's super strong.

Guardian's Charm is 100% more ridiculous though. Hope it gets fixed ASAP, or else everything will always be trivial. Even new content is tough to tune when you have that broken Charm, I know because I've tested it in VP.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:51:56 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:55 pm »

i think it would be fair to disable zone pull item drop, double loot instances & zone creation item, triple loot instances and zone creation item in halloween if it’s made accessible outside event. i think no double loot active would make the frequency of as crystal drop rate a little less insane. i would be for keeping magorian spawn and adding a quest to repeat the quest.

i think it’s worth thinking about because the zone is already done and i would anticipate the tweaking needed would not be overly time consuming but i don’t know anything about coding and if gms didn’t want to enable the zone outside halloween that’s fine too.

i think we’re going a little off topic though and should focus on t11 and ideas for potential quests/events in the zone we’d like to see.
Ginge
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 07:38:05 am »

When I got back from over 2 years break back in November, I didn't even own a Guardian's Charm, it wasn't a thing back in in 2018/19. I still ZP'ed T10 and HoS without it, which would be impossible without UA. It's super strong.

Guardian's Charm is 100% more ridiculous though. Hope it gets fixed ASAP, or else everything will always be trivial. Even new content is tough to tune when you have that broken Charm, I know because I've tested it in VP.

The thing with the Guardians charm is, it was never changed, it was always the way it was (well not anymore as it got a ninja nerf a while back)the fact that we all just used to combine them into the ucv1 thinking that was the "ultimate" version of the charms is the reason people didn't just use a 50 guardian.

Rent knew about it and said that we take a trade off with losing the extra damage gained by using ucv2/3/4 whatever...

Tank
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:26 am »

And I still dont get why UCs dont have the effects of the 4 single charms combined. They just should increase from UC level 1 to 4 and it would make sense.

Or just make 4 augments out of the base charms and 1 of them can be put into UC. So people can choose if their UC is for tank, dps, cast, heal

By the way I would like to get a better separation for T11… Tanks should make wayyyyy less dmg than dps classes for example… but on the other hand this would lead into a „must box“ situation which is not great either
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 09:34:29 am »

Guardian charm is going to be a bit of a controversial topic for sure. Its pretty strong but perhaps can be mitigated if it is considered while developing T11. I wont repeat my idea from the other thread completely, but I was thinking that you could give certain mob types an aura. There would be a few different auras that on their own were manageable but if the same aura stacked they could compound or perhaps if two different auras were stacked on a player it would mean certain death. This would slow down the pulling in the zone and keep people from walking into T11 and instant zone pulling with a Guardian Charm. This would be a sure fire way to see all the players re-equip their Ultimate charm since they would be getting very little out of the guardian charm.

I see the issues with having to go back and tune the guardian charm. Far to much time/effort would need to be spent to make sure it was changed effectively when you can simply account for it in future content.

By the way with my Aura idea, if it were to be implemented, I would suggest as one of the final rewards for completing T11, you get an item that would nullify the effects of the auras (if not completely then significantly enough to allow for larger pulls for those who have completely T11 and may be farming essences/extra groups and what not. I dont even think it needs to be an item that is equipped. Instead, perhaps its a clicky with a self buff that would protect you from the auras.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:37:20 am by Loyal » Logged

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 02:05:58 pm »

It is a bit off topic, but I think it's an important discussion because it's very much related not only to T11, but also Veeshan's Peak and other future content. I can read through and do a list purely related to T11 content at some point in this thread. Collect and post all things relevant.

Here is my perspective on the Charm in terms of future content and what not. I've spend quite some time testing Veeshan's Peak with my characters. I had UCv4 equipped on my tank and went through the zone. It was challenging, I died, I had to utilize most of my arsenal to keep alive, it was FUN!

Then things changed. I equipped my Guardian's Charm and suddenly everything was trivial. I could basically attack the toughest mobs and go to the toilet without worrying about my characters. I could face tank everything without the slightest challenge, excluding bosses. I found it stupid. I think the Guardian Charms fate will have to be decided, because it's impossible to tune the difficulty of new tiers, VP included, until we have landed on what the going charm for tanks will be.

So there are some options, you all may have more.

1: Make Guardian's charm sub par to UCv4 and tune VP and future content for using UCv3/4.

2: Tune VP and future content to Guardian's charm and let tanks UC's rot in bank.

Option 1 seems most logical to me. It makes sense that UCv4 would be the strongest Charm, not just for DPS but also for tanking. It doesn't matter if the Charm has always been broken. People didn't use it before, it was fine, shouldn't be a problem to cope with it being adjusted. No one tell me that Guardian Charm was intended to be as powerful as it is.

Tuning new content on EZ is challenging enough as is with the ridiculous stats we've gotten with UW's, UA's and what not. Doing option 2 would probably make it even more so, because it's just so stupidly powerful.

My 2 cp on the matter.

Ginge
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 02:30:25 pm »

Oh I totally agree, ucv4 should not be worse than a 50 guardian charm, but again a 50 brawler gives you more damage 275% to all skills than a ucv4 95% so by reckoning that is broken as well ...

Tank
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:33:36 pm by Tankus » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 03:55:14 pm »

Oh I totally agree, ucv4 should not be worse than a 50 guardian charm, but again a 50 brawler gives you more damage 275% to all skills than a ucv4 95% so by reckoning that is broken as well ...

Tank

Brawler's is also powerful in certain situations. For example it gives a Warrior with UW12 slightly better DPS, like 1 million extra.
DPS on the other hand will suffer with it, mainly due to their ability to equip Firestrike and Ninjastrike augments. My monk's DPS is 22 million with UCv4 and 2x NS12's. With Brawler's it dips down to 14.5 million DPS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)