Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:27:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Misleading information regarding Rogue damage  (Read 4317 times)
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 05:53:57 pm »

That is why it is important to reduce rogue damage and/or increase monk/ranger/zerk/bard damage. If they are the same level you get more variety or more classes to choose from.

Rogues will still be awesome but Monks and other dps classes will shine too.

Only problem will be casters except necro. There is still almost no need for an ench, mage or wizard unfortunately

Btw I use shammy for kraken and champion because grudge is oberwriting howl of the hunter :/
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 10:15:13 am »

Why does no one bring up beastlords...they are very under represented lol.  Lots of classes are screwy (most caster/hybrid classes) pets are horrible as they require too much work to be viable....and buffs on some hybrid classes (pally not having a brells line or the beastlord Ascent Essence line are a complete loss or a complete bomb) rogues (even if they didnt have a dps advantage) are worth having for SoS and a group/raid summon clickie...by far my choice for easily gettiung to Aby in ST (can't get past him though as he sees through SoS)...each class , if not strong in dps, should have something seperate but equal that brings them to the table.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 04:21:17 am »

Classes we need in order to progress
Warrior
Paladin

Classes we don't need, but sorta do cool stuff
Necromancer (Good AoE, cool to see Death proc)
Rogue (Single target damage)
Berserker (AoE i guess. This is less relevant in the end-game.)

Classes we don't need at all, but might have a gimmick we convince ourselves we need
Shaman (Grudge)
Bard (Group DA. Can replace this need with donation items)

Classes that suck, and get dragged around so we can give them loot
Ranger
Monk (Does OK damage, but whatever. I love monks, don't hate me)
Enchanter
Cleric
Druid
Mage
Wizard
Beastlord
Shadowknight

i think in the setting of more powerful mobs, guardian charm not being as effective in future tiers, and greatly reduced effectiveness of riposte/dodge/parry mechanics in new tiers, the need for utility and healing increases.

Everyone complains about pets but its not all about damage. Pets can be used to apply and maintain debuffs to mobs through weapon procs.
Cleric strong single target heal I think will be a huge benefit in future tiers.
SK defensive epic 50% damage reduction will also be of great benefit.
Druid skin will become useful especially with players using UC instead of guardian/brawler and tanking 1-2 mobs at a time.
Bard songs will be useful as using them will not put the bard at risk of death to incoming mobs from a zone pull when mobs can only be pulled 1-2 at a time.

With the change in approach from zone pull everything and hit riposte to more challenging content I think we might find some classes we previously thought useless will develop a niche and be worth playing.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2022, 04:14:30 pm »

Classes we don't need at all, but might have a gimmick we convince ourselves we need
Shaman (Grudge)

Shaman have buffs and let us not forget the wonderful wonderful spell Lingering Sloth

Otto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2022, 09:29:18 pm »

Lingering Sloth is great if we needed to use slows here. I LOVE shaman, just wish they were -more- here.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 01:51:29 pm »

Lingering Sloth can be used, in t10. Not useful prior to T10 but I used that and druid regen buff before evry.single.pull.in .orc.camp....only way to survive back in the day before the zone was nerfed and became easy (and yes this was before UA existed)

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678