Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:48:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Haste and Delay  (Read 2653 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2022, 11:03:04 am »

I remember when Hunter capped haste at 200% he did it because of the lag it caused the server. With the advance of technology and the upgrading of the server I figured when I got back that the haste cap would have been raised but instead I found haste was done away with all together. I also found out that delay was put at 35 universally. Is there a reason why? If there is a good solid reason I have nothing to say about it but otherwise I'd like to argue reasons to change that.

Ginge
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 10:05:28 am »

No idea man, just like the rest of this server, shit gets done when the right people complain about stuff being broken, or there is an exploit, then stuff gets fixed in hours...I asked for shit to be fixed for over a year, returning player comes back and complains about the same thing being broken low and behold, fixed.

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 01:08:17 pm »

From my understanding, the haste cap is no longer required for the reason is was originally implemented, however it is left in place to not upset balancing and prevent possible client issues.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 02:27:08 pm »

Draca do you suppose we could try easing it back in? Maybe put haste back in but put a cap on it to see if it upsets anything? Honestly I don't think warriors or rogues need anything if there is a way to make them exempt from haste it might help some of the other classes catch up dps wise. Doing away with the universal delay would also make pets viable again. Thanks for the response and consideration

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 03:50:49 pm »

There is a need, across nearly every class for tuning, and that will be tackled pretty heavily in Tier 11. I don’t know that haste specifically will be a factor there, but it’s possible.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 06:09:48 pm »

The haste was traded off for 4x base damage increase on all weapons as it was easier to placate slow swings for big booms.  All existing content at the time (up to T6, maybe 7) and subsequent content has been designed around this model.
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 06:18:40 pm »

i dont know anything about coding but as content was designed off the current haste settings it seems adjustment of the haste would lead to significant time investment in readjusting and retesting all weapon damage which maybe could be spent elsewhere. reversing the current speed settings doesnt sound worth it and other methods to balance classes i think would be ideal.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 10:33:32 pm »

Granted there is a lot I don't know, I do know that warriors are really far ahead of any other class because of reposte tanking. I do not think it would be a good idea to have all the other classes be able to tank like that, it simply makes no sense and erases class diversity. Lowering delay and slowly reintroducing haste back into the game would be a slow way to start bringing all melee classes and pet classes back into the fold. I'm not talking drastic changes just small changes and then reassess.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 11:17:23 am by Xiggie | Stone » Logged

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 01:47:56 pm »

I do know that warriors are really far ahead of any other class because of reposte tanking.

Much of what makes Veeshans Peak difficult, is the mobs largely ignore riposte/parry/dodge/block, which limits riposte damage from warriors, while also increasing damage taken. This puts more emphasis on DPS classes to get through the mobs efficiently, as well as rewards supplementary healing from healers other than auto attacking Paladins. Class balance is one of my focuses for Tier 11, and while it certainly won't happen in a single Tier, there needs to be some good first steps to make all classes viable, so people don't feel shorted when they want to play their favorite class. How the tuning is done, and to what effect it will have on any given class is being worked out now.

-Draca

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 10:51:43 pm »

I am glad it is being worked on Draca. I am hoping that the fixes put in will be fixes that will also affect lower level zones as well rather than just making warriors less than what they currently are in the game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 2016
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)