Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:09:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GSoA Progress Bottlenecks  (Read 1505 times)
Otto

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2022, 02:07:03 pm »

Since we need GSoA for multiple items, and nobody is selling any - Could we discuss alternate methods for obtaining them?

Perhaps an NPC that allows a player to hand 1 GSS to receive 5 GSoA? (This was 1 for 10 recently)
Maybe 100 essences (The item received in Crafter Guild) traded in?
Example, 100 QVIC = 1 GSoA, 100 CT = 2, 100 Sunderock = 10

At this point, it's the only item players seem interested in, and there are none for sale / trade. Hoping for some sort of alternate path!

Thanks!

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 02:37:41 pm »

I agree that given GSoA is needed for multiple items it would be great if there were multiple methods of obtaining them. I think the essence exchange and rate is a good idea. Also 1:5 GSS:GSoA seems appropriate. I think hive shards:GSoA 150:1 would also be nice.

Thanks!
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 06:14:00 am »

GSoA's have always been a bottle neck really. You need 51 of them to make the EoBA. Now with the new LRoA, which requires 50 of them to complete to rank 10, the demand for the Gemstones are obviously even higher.

I wouldn't mind some adjustments to their drop rate or some alternate ways of obtaining them.

Trading them for GSS is not what I would have preferred, mainly because I think the GSS's should be more available on the trade market for all those yet to break into VP.

I also can't think of any VP tiered player that would find much fun going back to tedious hive shard farming as means to get more GSoA's.

Personally I think if any adjustments are to be made to their drop rate, I would see that happening in VP. That way for the people that have yet to break into VP, things will remain the same as it always has been on EZ in terms of how common the Gemstones drop, while those that are at the step where more GSoA's are required, read: VP tiered, could have a way to get their drop rate increased.

So the Master Gemstone of the Ages could be adjusted to drop more commonly in VP, which essentially is 5 GSoA's. The overall GSoA drop rate in VP could be adjusted. More named NPC's that dropped them could be added off triggers to further increase the incentive to trash the whole zone.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 07:12:28 am »

i don’t think having gsoa available from hive shards would really be forcing anyone back to tedious grind. in doing the 3minute blackburrow instance whenever you time it’s up it would allow players to buy something on characters who otherwise wouldn’t be spending hive shards.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 07:28:58 am »

i don’t think having gsoa available from hive shards would really be forcing anyone back to tedious grind.

Me neither.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678