Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Test Server Update  (Read 3331 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2022, 05:39:49 pm »

I NEED YOU!

As previously mentioned, the underlying server code for EQEmulator has been updated to use int64 for hitpoints, mana, melee damage, spell damage and a few other things. There are also various bug fixes and features added by the EQEmu wizards from time to time. All of these updates were applied to our Test server last night, and I need people to go see if anything is not working correctly. I know it seems a bit of a waste of play time, but I also can’t give this server build a pass until satisfactory testing is done, so as not to risk prod server stability. From Pre-Tier to Veeshan’s Peak, every bit helps.

Couple Notes:
• Character data was refreshed 5/26/22
• There will be specific tuning tests required for Veeshan’s Peak, as the self-buff mitigation will be removed. (I will update when this is needed specifically)
• I don’t plan on removing any other NPC self mitigation buffs at this time, as they are fairly sparsely used, and not worth re-tuning.
• You don’t need to report issues in a technical way, so don’t be intimidated because you don’t specifically know what’s wrong, just give me as much detail as to what you were doing when it happened, and I’ll attempt to re-create and correct.
• Because the Test server is now out of sync with Prod, there will be no patches or fixes until testing is complete.

Thank you everyone, this is a huge step towards massively extending the lifespan of EZ Server, just need a solid week or 2 of some concerted efforts testing, and we should be able to move to Prod, and then the fun really begins (or the work, for me).   Smiley

For Akkadius & Rent

-Draca
EZ Admin Team

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 06:20:57 am »

ran around with druid testing regen, damage, skin. seems okay. will test vp too
Ginge
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 10:12:58 am »

Damage reporting in SR seems weird, most mobs weren't showing what damage they were doing to me apart from a couple..pb's definitely seem harder to kill

Tank
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 11:25:21 am »

I gave SR a try, and yup, plaugeborns definitely seem harder to put down, not sure where issue is atm, will try later will all filters off and compare a pull to normal server, can kill easy enough, but new players coming from T9 might have a problem putting them down if this is confirmed.

Other than that, seems normal

Chief

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 05:08:55 am »

as you already know but just to make others aware all mitigation buffs are not working on test. unclear whether ac, aa related to damage reduction are working as well.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 09:33:47 pm »

I am investigating the mitigation situation now, will let everyone know when that's resolved so hopefully people can continue testing.

causticsand

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 09:19:45 pm »

I have checked with two of my L78 noobs using the trainers in SFG and no matter what skill I click on, the "train" button remains greyed out. Ported to Rivervale and checked with druid guildmaster there. Same thing. I have almost 380 practice points and plenty of cash.

Bumpy Quickfinger(really??!!) advertises druid spells. When the "show only items I can use" box is checked, there are no items for sale. Unchecking the box shows spells. Same thing with Tisiana in Lavastorm

The Rivervale Voice, sold by Teelie Meegles, the Town Crier, doesn't have any news. The pages are blank.

Solo XP is awful.

Fishing works. Leveling 1-70 works. Trying to zone into high end Luclin and Discord zones works by not letting you. Getting drunk works. Eating works. Jewlcrafting works.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 10:09:54 pm »

Mitigation issue should be rectified in the next day or so, had an issue with a legacy combat system that only EZ and one other server still uses. Believe the fix was committed tonight, so should be able to push that update, and hopefully continue testing.

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 08:07:07 am »

wondering why uw12 dagger backstabs aren’t working with the new code. Maybe because of legacy combat system? just posting to make others aware.
Ginge
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 09:14:58 am »

From what I remember UW12 dagger damage has been borked for the last few years, it was said to have been fixed a while back but it's never worked on live EZ which I think might be down to the int32 system again, Sleepers dagger has always done more damage than UW12 dagger.

Tank
Ginge
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2022, 06:59:38 am »

Are we good to go back to testing yet?

Tank
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 07:57:34 am »

ya player mitigation works fine. last i heard draca was making mob hp and dmg changes to VP.
Ginge
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 08:06:45 am »

ya player mitigation works fine. last i heard draca was making mob hp and dmg changes to VP.

We best get testing then or we won't get any updates on actual EZ if it's not tested on test Cheesy

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 08:36:55 am »

No, it’s not ready for current content testing, as the mitigation is still an issue.  You are more than welcome to test other aspects, and make sure nothing else has issues.

Ginge
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 08:48:04 am »

No, it’s not ready for current content testing, as the mitigation is still an issue.  You are more than welcome to test other aspects, and make sure nothing else has issues.

Ahhh okay, Was going to say the mobs in VP hit a lot harder than they used to, got three rounded for 20m, I can't necro pet tank there anymore either..

SR Orcs hit for 4m+ now apparently as well :p this was with 79% stonewall

Tank
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 10:01:41 am by Tankus » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050