Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:40:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Odd situation with all skills near zero and text in red  (Read 1767 times)
uzernaam

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2022, 11:09:56 pm »

So after playing for some time today I wanted to put some points into my lock pick skill, and when I went to check it in my skills button, all the skills that I watched move their way up through at least 200 are now showing numbers that are ridiculously lower, like 10 or zero.  I tried to put a point into my lock pick skill and it replied that I am trained to my limit of lock picking, even though the skill on the sreen said only 10.

Any ideas what is happening here?
Ginge
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 08:44:33 am »

Do you have all the custom server files/spell files installed?

Tank
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 08:57:23 am »

I'm not sure if I do.  If I wanted to get those files to be sure, where would I find them?
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 09:07:21 am »

Left hand side of the forum under EZ Server Downloads..or alternatively click the link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-0sknQPvm_rsf1Yty1_mnmL_lWxWjWXp?usp=sharing

Tank
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 09:27:09 am »

I'm following all the instructions to completely re-install the game.

I get to the part where it says "Copy MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml from the macroquest\uifiles\default folder to your everquest\uifiles\default folder."

When I look inside the specified folder for the "mqui_comparetipwnd.xml" file, it is not present.  It doesn't look like this file exists at all in the zip file the instructions link to download.

Is this file created after you run another program?  Is it found somewhere else?  The instructions say the game won't play if I don't overwrite the original installed file with this one.

What do I do now?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 09:31:14 am by uzernaam » Logged
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 09:39:43 am »

Just to add...

I looked into the zip file linked in step 8:  "Download Macroquest for RoF2" and the "macroquest\uifiles\default" folder referenced in the instructions doesn't exist in the zip file either.

So I'm stuck at a dead end right now and would like to get playing again...
Ginge
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 09:40:46 am »

That file refers to a file included in the macroquest2 download used to box characters on the server

https://mqemulator.net/downloads.php

Choose EZ server classic from the 2nd drop down menu, download that and then you'll have the MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml in the macroquest folder

Tank
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 09:49:40 am »

Tankus, I just downloaded that file also,

It doesn't have the necessary files either.

In fact, the UIFiles folder doesn't have a subfolder "default" at all.

And if I search the entire extracted folder tree for .xml files, there are only 3 total:    MQUI_BagWnd.xml   MQUI_CastTimerWnd.xml   MQUI_DPSAdvWnd.

No "MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml"  found anywhere in both zip files I have downloaded so far.

uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 09:57:03 am »

FYI I think I was using the titanium install and solo boxing and everything ran fine until I hit 70.   Then things got weird.  Strange spell icons, some spells had names "unknown" etc.  But I didn't notice any real problems before then.

Also, I wasn't interested in multi-boxing, which frustrates me because the instructions say I must install MQ2 which is where I am having problems installing fresh and new anyway.

Is there a way to just run the game straight without MQ2?  I don't think anyone has looked inside these zip files for a while.  There are files missing inside them which the instructions say are necessary to run properly.  If I can skip the whole MQ2 thing entirely, that would seem a lot simpler.

Ginge
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 10:03:24 am »

Titanium will load into EZ but will have various issues with spells etc. Titanium is no longer supported by the server and it's recommended to use underfoot at the least, most of us here run RoF2.

Regarding the multi boxing, unfortunately there isn't a great deal for a solo class to do on EZ, most of us run 6 minimum and some run 30+

Nothing says you have to box or use mq2, if you don't want to run it then just don't load it, that way you won't have to worry about the section 8 part of the wiki..

Tank
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 10:11:04 am »

If you're saying I can't do the nitty gritty stuff without MQ2, then we need to find out where that .xml file is.

I have a hunch that it doesn't exist until after you run an exe file somewhere.  THEN you can copy it over the original file in the everquest install directory.   Just a guess...
uzernaam

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 10:13:59 am »

Quick update...

I was able to log in and start playing a solo box by just running my eqgame.exe patchme shortcut without bothering with any of the MQ2 stuff.   So far so good.

I am 90% happy right now although a bit worried when you say that multiboxing is where the real fun starts.  If that is so, then I will have to figure out where that xml file can be found eventually.
Ginge
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 10:19:19 am »

I have uploaded the file here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yE1SCxgKGRlb2oGdkr1hqETSCAQ3it8/view?usp=sharing

Tank
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678