Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Enslaved Dragon Soul  (Read 5575 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:58:12 am »

I assume, in your tweaking of VP, you nerfed the dps of the Dragon Soul and in turn made the loot table not as risk vs. reward.....personally I liked the way it was before!  I can take them on now and not even need to use the clerics new VP heal spells...and they are kinda "meh" with loot now too and not worth your time (pther than spawning VS)...just something to ponder on.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 10:18:53 am »

They are not functioning as intended, and will be fixed.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 04:43:56 pm »

These have now been fixed and working as intended  Grin just have to see if the risk vs. reward goes back to what it used to be....as of now it has not....but I will say lets see in a week from now (if I can get more play time in) and see if the loot table is still stuck on suck on these mob types.

Ginge
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 01:55:34 pm »

Any chance we can revisit these, I find it impossible to kill them now with all the spells they cast in the amount of time they are able to cast...

Probably not though as I'm the only one who appears to be struggling with them now...I must be doing something wrong I guess.

Tank
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 04:18:21 pm »

they are hard to kill for sure and if had slight dmg nerf i wouldn’t be opposed. Some things that might help if you are not already doing - save furious gloves/sword/disc for dragons, use skin like drake on tank when healing debuff up, cast vie on tank from cleric, use sk defensive clicky, have shaman melee for epic debuff or use tserrina whip debuff. LOS healers so they don’t get hit with debuff.
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 03:03:53 am »

I don't mind as well.  A few other tips aside from what Dok mentioned, as I only have 12 toons, I am constantly mashing heal buttons.  My cleric is targetting me the whole time using ORH 3 and alternating with VP rain heal.  My druid is dpsing and alternating with his rain heal spell.  Was druid spell changed as I remember it AE raining twice, now it is once?   I have no shammy so I rely on them as well as pally heals.  I also have pally Crabtwoshoes on hotkey which I use as well.  I believe Pally epic 10.0 is broken as I don't see it's effect, maybe it's just me, so I've been using pally 9.0.

Even with all the heals being triggered, i get anywhere from 1 to 3 toons dead after the encounter from random rampage as well as AE spells from them.  I'm considering making another group but I know I'd have to upgrade my PC first.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 09:49:16 am »

Totally, it's just about preparing for every CoV.  Riposte disc, riposte gloves, riposte click, ToV rank 3 (or 2 in a pinch). Shields become much stronger due to the healing debuff (relative to healing). Early on if I didn't have a good cooldown for an upcoming CoV, I'd just either 1) stop dps or 2) DA my tank right before cast and then click it off once he CoV'd some useless raid member. Eventually you can just heal through it but early on it's just about pulling out every trick when they cast.

I like this encounter quite a bit because there's so many creative ways to deal with the mechanic and it's tuned pretty well so a newer player can't just brute force through it easily.
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 12:05:21 am »

I havn't played for a few weeks in veeshan and wow what an eye opener tonight,  can't even kill a soul dragon now with 24 mostly full UA an lota trinkets  total wipe 5 times. It used to be challenging fun but now its just the suck. WHY ?
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 12:55:07 am »

Thinking this encounter is really pulling all the tricks out of your hat situation.  Possibly adjust your heal hotkeys and dps ones.  I do save gloves and savage onslaught specifically for them.  I also use GoD and activate my other class dps hotkeys. 

I think you may have to stagger your heals.  Once i did that it became easier but this encounter needs my full focus to survive this encounter. 
Ginge
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 11:51:22 am »

I think you may have to stagger your heals.  Once i did that it became easier but this encounter needs my full focus to survive this encounter. 

This encounter should not be harder than VS though surely, it's a dragon on the way to one of the zone bosses, I can kill VS no problem, rather than people explain stuff they just tell me I'm stupid which is just great  Cheesy

Tank
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 02:16:59 pm »

Has the loot from the Dragon Souls been corrected or are they still not dropping much of anything?  I haven't logged on to play (since VP is the only content worth doing atm) since the loot seems kinda screwy in there.

Ginge
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 02:20:18 pm »

Has the loot from the Dragon Souls been corrected or are they still not dropping much of anything?  I haven't logged on to play (since VP is the only content worth doing atm) since the loot seems kinda screwy in there.

Ehhh, some people get great loots from them, I managed to kill one and it was like 1 resist stone and some plat boxes...these days I clear up to the dragon and then repop and start again...

Tank
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 02:37:34 pm »

Has the loot from the Dragon Souls been corrected or are they still not dropping much of anything?  I haven't logged on to play (since VP is the only content worth doing atm) since the loot seems kinda screwy in there.

It's very random, they have great stuff on their loot table, sometimes you get a resist stone and a spell orb. They are probably the best way to get AA funneled to a single player. They probably average 20kish tradable aa per kill. Otherwise, they drop flawless GSOA fairly reliably and master plat essence and ucv4 very rarely and will fill your crew with citrines and resist stones in the meantime!

Edit: I'm not sure but I would guess that the loot was never changed but rather a reflection of a smallish sample size either before or after the spell casting bug.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:49:29 pm by Pubis » Logged
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 12:25:04 am »

But why does a mob have to change from week to week to a total wipe like zeik in sleeper, no one bothers with him anymore its just too painful.  I'm not following the logic anymore.  Loot from the soul dragon was nothing earthshattering to begin with.  Why suck the fun out of the zone draca ?  Used to be a challenging fun zone.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 10:39:11 am »

It just broke for a minute because of some other change and got put back the way it was. Its just meant to be a challenge, in my opinion they are one of the only actual fun things in the zone. figuring out if you can pull more and more dogs at the same time is the boring crap that led us down the t10 zps route. Dynamic abilities that you have to mitigate and make you prepare for are such a brighter future for content on this server.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)