Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:03:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Enslaved Dragon Soul  (Read 5585 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 11:25:17 am »

Dynamic abilities that you have to mitigate and make you prepare for are such a brighter future for content on this server.

This!

Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 03:05:55 am »

I'm a bit late to this but I started in VP last month and have since worked my way up to killing these regularly and wanted to leave my feedback.

When I first started fighting them, only my tank was 7/8 UA and maybe one or two alts had 3 pieces, nobody had a charm over UCv2, and I didn't have any of the VP heals or the cleric sleeper spells. Collecting some orbs from the trash i could kill and getting the VP heals, and then flagging my first cleric for sleepers to get those spells made a huge difference in my ability to kill these initially.

I currently run a total of 30 characters in VP, so my experience and difficulty in doing some of this content will not be the same as everyone. I know for sure that certain aspects of this encounter will be much harder the lower your total numbers are, and depending on the makeup of classes, mainly healers.(i have 2 clerics, druid, shaman, and a pally in each group)

I think the encounter is well designed, far better than any of the ones in sleepers, and feels pretty fair if you are actually prepared for what the fight is going to throw at you and aren't just trying to send in all your characters and zero effort it like most of the old content on the server.

Needing to actually look at the tools you have available to you, either riposte discs/clickies, cleric Vie shields, offtanks, or any other methods you have come up with for dealing with this encounter, is a fresh and needed new experience for the server. Not everything needs to be the same old tank n' spank. There is still plenty of that with trash and pretty much everything in the zone that isnt a dragon soul or a boss.

My next point of feedback is about loot and risk/effort vs reward. I tracked my drops for 100 dragon soul kills, and while I know this isn't an amazing sample size, I still feel like its better than coming in here and giving feedback with no data at all.

Rather than post the entire list as text in here to clog it up, ill attach my notepad file with the list, and give a little TLDR of it in this post.

Every kill drops a couple million plat worth of crates, so i didn't include these in the list because they always drop.

TLDR:
55 kills dropped aa crystals, on rare occasions more than one(10k and 50k, or multiple 50k)
68 kills dropped a spell orb
39 hp augs
35 resist augs
a few other misc things like powerless rings, FGSOA, or a soul fragment. Did not see a GSS or regular GSOA in the 100 kills i tracked.

For the most part, I think the loot is fine, they reliably drop AA crystals, and are the most reliable source of getting HP augs for filling out your alts. There are definitely dry streaks where you dont get any of the 'good' loot, and this would definitely feel worse the harder this encounter is for you to do, but thats just EQ rng at the end of the day, you can't win big every pull.

My biggest point of complaint on loot would be the spell orbs. They drop A LOT, and very quickly become useless because there are only a few spells to get with them, and you can get them from other mobs in the zone, albeit much less often than from dragon souls.

My feedback here is going to be biased based on what i currently need in terms of drops, so it would be great if anyone else wants to chime in on reasonable things they would like to see in regards to this.

But could the spell orb drop slot perhaps be shared with a few other items? Like SLS or EoN, or even qvic-t4 essence because im drowning in t5-10 from killing in the deeper parts of the zone. Giving up a few of the plat crates for some of these potential options would be a worthwhile tradeoff to me as well.

Something else i thought of, but would likely be much higher effort, would be turning Lillyana at the zone entrance into an exchange NPC for spell orbs. She could give you whatever reasonable items you come up with for X number of spell orbs.

I don't have any expectation of changes just because I wrote a bunch of words, but thanks for reading regardless.
Ginge
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2022, 10:08:23 am »

t1-5 drop plenty off mobs at zone in, you mention risk vs reward, be pissed if I fought a dragon and it dropped qvic essences and some plat boxes..

Tank
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2022, 01:30:12 pm »

t1-5 drop plenty off mobs at zone in, you mention risk vs reward, be pissed if I fought a dragon and it dropped qvic essences and some plat boxes..

Tank

And is it better when it drops a resist aug you dont need, and a spell orb you dont need, with some plat boxes? Qvic essence is useful for far more things at least.

It was also just one of the things i suggested, and by no means something that MUST be, thats why i asked for others suggestions. Maybe you have some you can offer instead of just saying mine suck.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:39:06 pm by Quarg » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2022, 01:47:59 pm »

I never said it sucked, I just said there are other places to get it rather than adding it to the loot table of a somewhat difficult fight but hey heaven forbid you have to go and kill the mobs in the zone that already drop it because they are away from the coth safe spots where you can farm away all day instead eh..

Tank
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 01:57:59 pm »

Which it was just one of the things suggested, and yet you still arent offering your own, instead just acting salty for some reason.
Ginge
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 02:02:07 pm »

I offered my own ideas for t1-5 essences.. here are some more

Sleepers warders..
The actual zones the essences come from.

Hope this helps.

Tank
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 02:06:52 pm »

You seem to completely miss the point. I'm not asking for suggestions for essences. I'm asking for suggestions for things the dragon soul could SOMETIMES drop instead of spell orbs a large majority of the time.

Stop acting like an asshole, Tankus.

Hope this helps.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 02:42:10 pm »

Personally I don't really have any strong feelings on their loot table at the moment, but I agree that it's not necessary for the huge drop chance the spell orbs have in VP currently.

wachna

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2023, 02:07:07 pm »

I attacked the dragon today for the first time with my 12 man/frog gang.. and I got destroyed lol

First question: do I have to fight them?
Second question: if I have to, what can I do with my 1 cleric, shaman, druid in order to not die like a baby? Lol

Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2023, 08:36:12 am »

A lot of great suggestions on page 1.  I had to make another 6 (total of 18 now) to consistently take them down.  Much easier now but I still get one or two of the newer toons dead as they aren't all decked out as the other 12 (all UA'ed but not complete Citrines).  Pretty sure once they are fully geared i should have no more deaths with them.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2023, 01:11:02 pm »

I attacked the dragon today for the first time with my 12 man/frog gang.. and I got destroyed lol

First question: do I have to fight them?
Second question: if I have to, what can I do with my 1 cleric, shaman, druid in order to not die like a baby? Lol

Pay attention to how their abilities work. I assume you got into trouble during claws of veeshan debuff. You control when this is cast indirectly so prepare for it and use your best cool downs to get through it. Once you understand and can anticipate cov casting the world gets easier.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2023, 03:37:29 pm »

Has the loot from the Dragon Souls been corrected or are they still not dropping much of anything?  I haven't logged on to play (since VP is the only content worth doing atm) since the loot seems kinda screwy in there.

It's very random, they have great stuff on their loot table, sometimes you get a resist stone and a spell orb. They are probably the best way to get AA funneled to a single player. They probably average 20kish tradable aa per kill. Otherwise, they drop flawless GSOA fairly reliably and master plat essence and ucv4 very rarely and will fill your crew with citrines and resist stones in the meantime!

Edit: I'm not sure but I would guess that the loot was never changed but rather a reflection of a smallish sample size either before or after the spell casting bug.

The comment I made was after spending much time in the zone...when many others couldn't even fight in there...the comment was made on NOTICEABLE changes to the loot table (not by a small sample size)...I still get on and play in the zone. Mainly for Tunare every two days...the loot is DEFINATELY different than it was even after the changes made to Raulf ands VS spawns.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2023, 04:28:13 pm »

I feel like the loot is different as well... Raulfer and VS especially.... either that or RNG really really hates me.
Ginge
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2023, 05:10:12 am »

I feel like the loot is different as well... Raulfer and VS especially.... either that or RNG really really hates me.

There have apparently been zero changes to any Raulfer/VS loot, or spawn rates...

Enslaved dragon loot is still awful considering the difficulty they pose.

Tank
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678