Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:58:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can't log in my main  (Read 1169 times)
Pubis

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2022, 09:09:01 pm »

I tried to log in for the event today but unfortunately I can't get my main tank in. I play 17 total and all of them will load in except the tank. I make it to character select but when I try to log in it doesn't even load it just kicks me to a black screen and then to server select. I can log in other characters on that account, but not my main. I have tried:

1)Logging him in on a separate installation (my box installation). No difference.
2) deleting both the UI and the character file from the eq directory. No difference.
3) closing mq2. No difference
4) Moving the character to Nexus with character mover. No difference.
5) Draca moved him to surefall glade. No difference.
6) restarted my computer, restarted mq2, changed internet connections. No difference

I'm kind of out of ideas at this point. I was playing, closed my computer to drive a couple hours, opened it to do the event and couldn't get in.

Anyone have any ideas for me to try?
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 09:28:21 am »

I was hoping it was just related to the character being stuck online or something but this morning nothing has changed. It's really weird.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 01:27:14 pm »

Pub, check your PM's here on forums, or log into game sometime soon on alt

Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 02:43:42 pm »

So a final update to this, in case someone else experiences the same problems. It turned out to be my ISP (or more specifically the router). I don't really understand why, but if I used a vpn (some vpns worked, some didn't) or hotspotted my phone I could get my main in. There were lots of reports of this happening but I didn't see many that were character specific so still no idea why it was only happening to my main. Most reported that resetting the router fixed it but I wasn't able to where I was staying.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)