Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:42:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TOFS and possible spell bug  (Read 3579 times)
Takatok

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2022, 06:48:21 pm »

Recently started farming TOFS for Resist Augs.   The shades on level 1 (blue to me at 71) and all the mobs on level 2 (72 guys)  all cast Incisor of the Unholy  on me (T5 abyss necro spell).   Seems a bit out of depth.    Additionally this spell just bugs out and doesn't kill me.  I get stuck in a bleeding state until the 2minute dot wears off.  Then any spell cast on me instantly stands be back up full health.

I have verified I'm using the current spell file (dated 7/22/2022 and like 9.5m) That I got from the goggle drive.
Is it possible there is a bug with the spell file and its causing this specific spell to glitch?

it also seems weird that these Floor 1/2 mobs that my Qvic geared characters annihilate would be casting that spell.  it kills me in 2 ticks.
Any advice on what I might be missing that is causing this weird glitch would be appreciated.  As it is now I can't really farm the resist augs, Just too much to have to stop for 2m  every other pull.    So back to Arthicrex I guess Smiley

Takatok
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 09:13:44 pm »

I would say cure it, but since the incisor spells seem to have a crazy high detrimental counter on them currently I think you are stuck just pushing on or using a pet to tank the mobs that cast it.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 09:31:22 pm »

I don’t remember this being an issue, but it’s been some time. Is this a common problem?

Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 09:44:05 pm »

A lot of us have the reward cure clicky, which takes care of it. But because we have that, we wouldn't know if the counters for it changed or went up substantially vs the regular curing methods available to people without the reward cure. Unless it was suddenly not coming off with one cast or taking multiple casts of the reward cure, which has remove detrimental 999, none of us would be able to tell anything changed.

I've seen a few newer people asking what the deal is/how to deal with incisor. And Brann and I think someone else who is in t10 simply not being able to cure it with their healers, and being unable to outdps the healing it gives the necromancer plagueborns.

Takatok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 12:16:24 am »

I don't think the issue is whether the spell is out of depth (though it does seem to be).    I probably shouldn't have brought that factor up since it seems to be distracting from the main issue.

Its the fact that this spell and so far for me ONLY this spell, bugs me out if its cast on me.   After 2 ticks of 15k dmg, my 30k tank should be dead.  But he doesn't die.  He flops over and is continually bleeding to death.   If I tab over to another box my warrior shows up as full health.   At this point the client is 100% locked up.  I can't open up my inventory, try to camp, stand up,  do anything.   I now have 2 choices:
1)  Open up taskmanager, end the process for that client and load back in
2)  Wait the 2 minutes for the client to think the DOT is expired.  At this point any spell cast on my tank by another character will instantly pop him back up at full health.

Its clearly a bug.  Either something wrong on the server end,  or something wrong with my client setup.   I have the all the latest files(including spell file)  so if anyone has an idea what might be causing this, I'd really like to farm up TOFS.

Also of note to the suggestion to just cure it.    I can't cure it.   I can stand their for 2 minutes casting the appropriate cure, and remove thousands of counters but it won't remove it, since its in this weird bugged mode.

If it helps at all, happy to jump on discord and share my screen and show exactly what is happening

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 12:19:48 am by Takatok » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 11:37:56 am »

Anything that usually causes a player to "bleed to death" but just flop on the ground is almost 95% of the time a spell file issue, I know you say you have the most up to date version of the spell file but what is the actual size of the spell file?

Fell free to shoot me a tell in game on Tankus if you need any extra help with it etc.

Tankus
Takatok

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 12:25:58 pm »

spells_us.txt   -  7/22/2022  3:330PM    -   9,728 KB
Takatok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 03:23:39 pm »

Just to be pro-active I decided to test if it was some other weird problem with the client files.  I am not sure where I got my current rof2 clean copy but its been years.

I deleted my EZServer directory,and got a clean copy of rof2 following the forum guides here (using the p2p program).   I then put the current 7/22 patch files into it.    After going into TOFS I still have the bug.

I get the Incisor DOT on me.. it drops me to 0 hp and says I'm bleeding.  After 2 minutes, the DOT goes away and I can cast a spell on my warrior from someone else, and he hops up full health with all his buffs still.

Everyone whose tried to help me insists that bleeding thing is a problem with the spell file.  Is it possible that the latest spell file has some kind of bug that crept into it?   I never tried to go to TOFS pre 7/22 so I'm not sure if this is a new issue or not.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 03:37:58 pm »

Just a thought, has anyone had a character die to a dot anytime recently?
xelurasu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 02:11:53 am »

I tested on my paladin in ToFS Floor 1, he has his 4.5 epic and T4 gear and he was bleeding to death, went to negative 26,000+ health but didn't die. I started to slowly regen, like really slow. I logged in my cleric and as soon as he got near the paladin, the paladin stood up and his health went to full health. My cleric didn't cast any spells at all on the paladin. I have screenshots but they are too big to post.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 04:01:17 am »

From Akka when i asked about some time ago.
The bleeding to death thing is completely a client side behavior. The client thinks its below 0 on health. Unfortunately with our crazy HP numbers this happens

I thought a work around would have been in by now, but just tried with a lowbie char in PoD and can confirm it still does happen.

The only thing you can do it target the effected char with another char, this will make him stand up and unlock the frozen ui.
You will need to heal / cure the dot or he will just fall again, re-targetting will make him stand again.

Chief

Takatok

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 06:13:15 pm »

That makes sense.  Unfortunately I don't believe I can cure it without the special donation item.    It doesn't have counters so I don't think any normal cure I have access to will cure it.  I'd be happy to pay to win in this situation, but donations locked down Smiley
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 10:35:27 pm »

When donations open up I HIGHLY suggest donating for the cure clicky. Right now the only cure detrimentals you can get outside of t10 and the clicky is from pal/clr spells that don't do very much
Yava

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2023, 08:45:15 am »

I am currently having this exact same problem in ToFS with that spell.
AreFitz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2024, 02:31:05 pm »

Things I have noticed from my side, DoTs cast on players while in combat, will report the negative HPs to the group accordingly.

Once combat ends, it appears the health updates stop. My characters at 100% health, cannot be healed by direct heals, they do nothing.

Heal over times and regens (bard) will counter the negative damage to return me back to net 0 health and I'll stand up again.

If I go in combat again, health begins update accordingly and heals land again.

This appears to be any DoT, it just becomes very apparent with the high amount of damage from the ToFS shade DoT.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91