Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:58:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Basic Group For Getting Started  (Read 2096 times)
decapolis95

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2022, 07:38:06 am »

Hey all,

Just started playing here and really enjoying it so far.  I made a Warrior, Zerker and Cleric so far, none past lvl 58.  I've been using the good old /follow, alt + tab to play multiple characters  Roll Eyes  Don't worry, I started getting into MQ2 last night and ready to give it a go today.

What I'd like feedback on, is what class combos make up a solid group.  Does not need to be perfect, just maybe your top class picks for getting started.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ginge
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 11:34:43 am »

Getting Started..

War ---- This is where most people "control" their groups from
Pal ---- Has a group heal epic proc that is super helpful during the early levels
Mnk ---- Dps
Rog ---- Moar Dps
Zerk ---- AoE epic clicky, great dps for starting
Shm ---- Small heals, big buffs Smiley

That's just my opinion though, everyone will have a different one I'm sure Smiley

Tank
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 02:35:19 pm »

Yeah with 6 there's no really wrong choice but you should have a warrior and a paladin. You can find "endgame" dps discussions here or on the discord but those don't matter too much for you right now, just have some fun. All three of the classes you mention are viable.
decapolis95

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 02:39:11 pm »

Thanks for the input.  Starting a Pally to join my Warrior, Zerk and Cleric so far.
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 07:40:58 pm »

i would strongly recommend adding a rogue when you’re comfortable with 5. for your 6th i’d do monk or a second rogue. classes and items are being balanced currently but a lot of this is for the end game spells and items.
 by the time you get to tier 5 i would reassess and see if you are then ready to box 9-12. you don’t have to box that many and might seem overwhelming right now considering you’re just starting but you’ll catch on quickly. check out sarthin videos and see how he boxes his 40 characters it’s really not that hard.
decapolis95

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 08:33:41 pm »

Yeah I'm very green and just learning MQ2, but totally get what you're saying. 

Just curious.... How many accounts per device do you run?  I'm trying to free up another laptop for the potential of adding more toons.
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:01 pm »

Your core group of warrior, pally, cleric and zerker is pretty good and what I had.  I would add rogue and you might consider an enchanter because of all the buffs/debuffs the enchanter brings to the table.  I had a ranger instead of a rogue.  This group brought me all the way to T10 until i started adding more later on. 
decapolis95

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 10:11:42 pm »

I had started a Mage before posting this today, but just switched to Rogue.  May keep both.

Still curious how many accounts per device everyone does.
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 10:21:19 pm »

Lots of folks run 12 to 18, there are a few that do even more, 24, 30, 40. but i think 2-3 groups is what a lot of people settle around.
decapolis95

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 10:43:21 pm »

12-40 characters per 1 computer??
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 11:10:49 pm »

Yeah. Generally using the assistance of some multiboxing software like isboxer or wineq https://www.lavishsoft.com/ Isboxer is paid subscription software, while wineq is free but has much less features. Then using mq2 and eqbc commands to control everything.

The wiki and this post: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2988.0
have lots of good info. While its a bit dated, most of those tweaks still work and usually result in positive results, but there are some things that dont work for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:13:05 pm by Quarg » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 2016
  • Online Ever: 8678