Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Understanding Of What Is Legal - MQ2, Very Vanilla, ETC..  (Read 1819 times)
decapolis95

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2022, 12:51:59 pm »

Continuing on my Newb series of questions..

Researching on how to use MQ2 for boxing here.  Google search is overwhelming.  Everything from guides, macros, plugins to Kissassist, Very Vanilla and many more.

Before I invest my time in understanding the basics in something and building on it as I go, what is best, legal, etc.  I'm trying to use common sense here, but on a topic that is so new to me I'm finding it difficult. 

To me, as long as you are at the keyboard and executing the macros/commands from your "main" then it seems ok.  If you're going to hit a macro/command and walk away from the keyboard to let your toons do whatever while you hit the grocery store to avoid wife aggro - that's not ok.  Your boxed characters do not move unless you're there controlling each move.

That's as black and white as my new to the subject alt + tab butt sees it.  Again, just want to invest my time in the right area and build on that knowledge as I go.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Ginge
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 01:01:45 pm »

We have a whole wiki section dedicated to MQ that might be worth a browse through if you haven't done so already.

http://wiki.ezserver.online/MacroQuest

We also have a discord channel

https://discord.gg/nvyqCPS9bu

There is a macro section in there with many useful pre made macros you can copy and paste in to eq, also there are many many skilled people in general chat that can usually answer any macro based questions...just not me... Wink

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 10:35:05 pm »

Even as the current GM of the server, there are some fuzzy areas in regards to what is allowed and not. In the most broad definition, if anything automatically happens, not because you triggered it too, but because it's software controlling it, it is not allowed. Example: You begin attacking a mob, without commanding any of your box characters to do anything, they automatically assist you in whatever way they should...healers start auto healing, DPS automatically moves in and begins attacking and using all class abilities on cooldown, casters start nuking etc., that is not allowed. Now, if you start attacking with a key that includes assist commands to classes, and triggers other social keys on your healers that target you and execute a keypress of a social key that includes some heals, with timed delays to stagger the heals a bit, and something similar for casters, that is perfectly fine. There are some MQ2 plugins that are allowed in their entirety, other in limited capacities, and most of those you can search for on these forums, and see a previous ruling on those individually, and others that are not allowed at all.

If I find you are doing something you shouldn't, I will talk to you about it. I'm not a ban hammer guy. You can also just ask me, I'm around quite a lot.

-Draca

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 05:38:29 am »

I also made some video guides on YouTube that may benefit you.

You can find the thread here: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=6216.0

In the video below I touch in on how you can box on this server. Granted there are many ways to do it within EZ Rules, this may help you get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR7AwrK7tpM&ab_channel=Sarthin

The Discord server is also a great place for resources. We have channels with useful macros, hot keys and so on.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:42:20 am by Sarthin » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678