Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:16:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Just joined - first group setup  (Read 3242 times)
shadowwar

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:44:49 am »

Hi Guys,

I just joined the EZserver and been looking up for some info about groups. What I found out was that paladins are very helpful with their group heal procs. Eventually I might go for a 12 or even 18 toons. But want to start out with 6 toons. And was thinking about:

Group 1:
Warrior
Paladin
Cleric
Shaman
Rogue
Berserker

And eventually add:

Group 2:
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Shaman
Bard

Group 3:
Paladin
Enchanter
Mage
Bard
Wizard
Druid

My goal is to make the most optimized groups to start of with - what you guys thought on this?
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 05:44:18 am »

Hi! welcome. I’d get rid of shaman and bard in group 2 and add necro/rogue/wizard/monk/ranger. honestly rogue or wizard probably best if you’re truly looking for most dps but i know you already have 3 rogues.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 05:50:30 am »

I would say drop the bard and shaman from group 2 and get more aoe in there since quite a bit of the game is big pulls
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 06:21:27 am »

You'd be better off making all of them from day one, or you'll do t5 with one group and then never want to visit that hell hole again to re do the other 12 you are planning...trust me  Grin

Tank
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 07:24:01 am »

First off, welcome to EZ. Hope you'll have a great time here!

It's not a problem to start with a group of 6, may even be a good idea compared to starting with 12. Pretty sure you will feel the content more challenging if you only run 6 to start with, which is a good thing. Also gets you into the EZ groove without handling too many chars at once. It gets tedious to do Fighters/Casters guild 12 times in a row, too. Good idea to space it out a bit for variation. I'd actually recommend doing just as you thought yourself. Start with 6 chars. You most definitely want to stop when you enter T5 (Abyss) though and make 6-12 more characters and get them up to T5, so entire crew can "plow" lol, though that zone together.

For a group of 18 I would make the following characters:

Group 1:

Warrior
Paladin
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Mage

Group 2:

Paladin
Cleric
Bard
Shaman
Enchanter
Monk (Rogue)

Group 3:

Rogue
Paladin
Druid
Wizard
Wizard
Necro

- Warrior is mandatory as tank.
- A Paladin in each group severly helps your characters upkeep with their auto heals.
- Rogues are best melee DPS on the server and also has other perks like hide and sneak which is very useful.
- Clerics are the best healers. They also buff tank with a mitigation buff which is major, as well as Divine Aura which has many uses.
- Bard, while not the best DPS, makes up for with their epic click that buffs the entire raid with 300% stackable spell damage, which improves spell and strike augment damage.
- Mage, for CoH (which is why I recommend making it in group 1) and also really good DPS later on.
- Enchanter for damage buffs, spell haste(key if you run casters) and later on, very nice DPS.
- Shaman for buffs as well as some DPS and a good raid heal.
- Druid for buffs and raid heal later on. Does pretty good DPS too when maxed.
- Wizards are at later stages the best caster damage dealers and can also outperform Rogues depending on which mobs you're killing.
- Necro for AoE DPS. Also does good single target DPS.
- The monk slot can be switched. Don't really need to be a monk. You could run another warrior for off-tanking and multiplaying zones, etc. Can also replace with another Rogue or other DPS if you want.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:54:31 am by Sarthin » Logged

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 11:27:54 am »

Hey guys,

thanks for the answers!

I think eventually I go for the setup Sarthin suggested. Nice mix of classes I like too Smiley
Though about making the best out of the synergy, not better to make it like this?

Warrior
Paladin
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Mage Rogue or Ranger (since already few rogues)

Group 2:

Paladin
Cleric
Bard
Shaman
Enchanter
Monk (Rogue)

Group 3:

Rogue Mage
Paladin
Druid
Wizard
Wizard
Necro

Just a bit worried and maybe overwhelming to start with 12/18 at a time. I come from the Lazarus server and used there a 6-box team. A 6-box team is still manageable from one box (warrior). And I dont really like the idea to switch screens often to control the 12/18 characters.

Simple example: it pretty often happens that a client is crashing. With 6 characters it is relative easy to see what toon crashed and log them back in again. And when question or zoning / clicking it is still manageable with 6 toons. But with 12 or 18... Of course there are way to perform all the same action with commands like /bcga /bcaa and so... but yea... I am a bit worried about that Smiley
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 11:34:54 am by intered » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 12:25:19 pm »

I'd say 99% of us control all our toons from our main tank...Sarthin controls over 40 toons from his, there are plenty of macro's and hotkeys out there that make it a lot easier, loot macro's you can set to loot certain stuff for progression etc...

Tank
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 03:09:49 pm »

You can switch Mage with Rogue if you want. The upside of that is you will progress faster to T5. Downside is no CoH.

If you want to get an idea of how I play all my 48 chars on EZ, mainly through my tank window, check out this short video I made today. Hopefully it will give you an idea and a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEC8q4Ndfro&ab_channel=Sarthin

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 03:22:21 pm »

make sure you figure out what melee toons you want before you get into t10. t9 is a huge pain to backfarm for non aoe classes right now
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 03:25:46 pm »

make sure you figure out what melee toons you want before you get into t10. t9 is a huge pain to backfarm for non aoe classes right now

It is?

I always backflagged doing zone pulls with tank and as soon as spear hit, I had a hot key to broadcast to my chars to target Sarthin and cast Amulet of Necropotence on him. Worked like a charm for faction always Smiley You can do this without ZP too, just body pull as many as you can handle and taunt + rampage and then make toons click Ammy on you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:27:31 pm by Sarthin » Logged

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 03:28:31 pm »

You can switch Mage with Rogue if you want. The upside of that is you will progress faster to T5. Downside is no CoH.

If you want to get an idea of how I play all my 48 chars on EZ, mainly through my tank window, check out this short video I made today. Hopefully it will give you an idea and a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEC8q4Ndfro&ab_channel=Sarthin

Interesting vid, good info on it - and it seems relative easy to setup. Thanks for that.

Just wondering... if you doing some quest for all characters, how do you make sure that not one character of the gang is missing a hail - or do a turn in for all of them? And if some client crashed, how do you find the character that crashed and log him back in again?
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 03:42:22 pm »

It is?

I always backflagged doing zone pulls with tank and as soon as spear hit, I had a hot key to broadcast to my chars to target Sarthin and cast Amulet of Necropotence on him. Worked like a charm for faction always Smiley You can do this without ZP too, just body pull as many as you can handle and taunt + rampage and then make toons click Ammy on you.
I FORGOT ABOUT AON
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 04:46:52 pm »

Simple example: it pretty often happens that a client is crashing. With 6 characters it is relative easy to see what toon crashed and log them back in again. And when question or zoning / clicking it is still manageable with 6 toons. But with 12 or 18... Of course there are way to perform all the same action with commands like /bcga /bcaa and so... but yea... I am a bit worried about that Smiley

There are ways to name the windows. I got Isboxer to do this for me, but I think you can add a line in Zoned.cfg in the MQ2 root folder or MQ2\Configs. I don't remember it right now, but someone should be able to provide that info for you. I use MQ2's autologin feature along with Isboxer, so basically all it takes for me is to load MQ2 and Isboxer and click a character set and kick back. After a few minutes all my chars are logged in on the server. If I ever crash one, I click my client set in Isboxer and it loads the ones missing(crashed) again. I know MQ2 has it's own way of setting up a character set to auto login. It could possible work the same way for all I know, like if a client crash and you use MQ2 to log in, it will log in the crashed character. This I cannot confirm though, but others may.

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 06:28:31 am »

Awesome, that's sounds interesting. And you're setup looks great too.

I've downloaded and got a subscription on isboxer. Just have to figure out on how to config that as it is pretty overwhelming at star and watching some vids. Also have to look up on how to combine the mq2 autologin feature with isboxer as isboxer does not support autologin yet.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 08:46:54 am »

This video explains how to set up Isboxer and may help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR7AwrK7tpM&ab_channel=Sarthin

When it comes to autologin, I have yet to make a video of it. Maybe I can make one today. Anyway, it's pretty easy.

Make sure you have the plugin MQ2autologin.dll in MQ2 folder and make sure the plugin is loaded in game with /plugin mq2autologin load.

Then edit your mq2autologin.ini to look like this:

[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=D:\EZServer Change this to your EQ folder

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
UseMQ2Login=0   If you use Isboxer to login the characters, make sure this is set to "0".
NotifyOnServerUP=0

[Servers]
RA=[] Raid Addicts (Fully Custom) [Solo/Group/Raid]
EZ=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc
PEQTGC=[] [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War
SH=[] Storm Haven - High-Quality Custom Content
S2K=[] Scorpious2k: The Next Generation [custom]

[account_name_1]
Password=your account password here
Server=EZ
Character=your character name here

[account_name_2]
Password=your account password here
Server=EZ
Character=your character name here

Then you continue to add accounts here like above for as many times as you need. And also then remember your MQ2 folder is then loaded with sensitive information, so never share that folder with anyone. Once you have done all this and have created a character set in Isboxer, you should be able to load the set and the accounts will automatically log in on EZ.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)