Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: October Update  (Read 2777 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2022, 08:19:37 am »

Just wanted to give a quick update of what's been happening, and what's coming up in the next month or so..

Coming Up...

• Halloween will be starting the evening of 10/28, running through 11/2. Will include the event itself, double loot, double exp and double credits.

• 2nd run of the Rallos Zek Event is planned for 11/20. Stay tuned for a specific post about this, but it will have a higher level requirement (78+) to participate than during the first run. Unfortunately it is too difficult to plan for lower level groups given the difficulty.

• Tunare encounter in VP will launch in the week or so following Halloween, November 13th at the latest. (see below)

Current Projects

Tunare Expedition

In the finale to the storyline from Veeshan's Peak, through the Rallos Zek event, players will engage Tunare in Veeshan's Peak, as her search for the Unholy Writ of War may have gone too well...

This expedition will be incredibly difficult, and while it won't require huge groups to kill, it's also not going to be easy to accomplish with a single group. Tunare will include unique loot drops, including 4 different versions of a new Power Source item: The Unholy Writ of War, which will include some unique effects, but possibly some downside to using it's tainted power...

Tier 11 -Dragonscale Hills

Tier 11 is proceeding as expected, currently about a third of the way through an extensive outline. While it's certainly possible to run around just plopping NPC's where you want them, and sort of wing it through quest dialogs as you're scripting, that's not good enough for an EZ tier level. While I was left to learn my own lessons with Veeshan's Peak, and you and I have learned them together, Akkadius is (rightfully) adamant about being able to review my plan for Tier 11. Both him and I want to make sure it feels like a continuation of the EZ experience, and not something where someone with no knowledge of the history of the server would notice a drastic difference in gameplay. While some things will change, and certain items will remain ineffective going forward, it should still have that pleasure and pain balance we've all grown to love. With the amount of complexity involved, including hundreds of items, hundreds of spells, and countless other details, it just takes time. I think that ultimately it will be worth the wait..

Current Tier 11 plans include:
• Faction grinds, collection quests (of course)
• Involved quest lines with randomized tasks (all your characters won't have the same tasks despite being on the same quest) <- I know this kind of sounds dumb, but I think if implemented correctly, it will be a fun change.
• Limited repetitive quests (I'm not a huge fan)
• Chain spawn (think HW) bosses
• Multiple difficulty levels within the zone - some areas will be impossible very difficult to survive without the increased stats from gearing up in the zone.
• 2 levels of armor upgrades - first set will come fairly early into the Tier, 2nd set will be considerably further into the Tier.
• Coldain Ring War style event - this will include 3 difficulty levels which must be worked up too.
• Expected upgrades to Ring of the Ages, Shield of the Ages, Earring of the Ages, UWXIII and so on..

While I know I have given varied estimations of the date for Tier 11's release, I won't guess any further, but know that once Tunare is released and everything is well, it will be my primary focus to get T11 completed.

Other Stuff

I know there's been concern lately regarding the population of EZ Server, or at least I've heard it enough to assume it's a concern...it's really not to Akkadius or myself, mostly because this is the way it goes for EZ. Anyone who's played more than a couple of years will know that activity ebbs and floes, and certainly new content helps, but overall our community is strong, and those who step away, will come back.

I have also been somewhat less active in-game, but that's purely a result of the amount of work required for new developments. So if you need anything, I'm around as always. I haven't been as focused on fixes, because there's honestly no current bugs that I'm aware of that are breaking the game for anyone (VP will have one more detune).

Chieftan recently did a great job redoing the Wiki's spell recipe page, and Voyz went through spells that were missing recipes altogether, and was able to make me a list with consistent and non-duplicated recipes so we could get those (mostly SK) filled in. Thank you to both of them.

If you have any concerns that aren't addressed, or any other questions for me, let me know here.

For Akkadius & Rent,
       -Draca
            EZ Server Admin Team

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 11:05:17 am »

Thanks for all of your hard work Draca.  Cant wait to get the Halloween farm on.  I need more spears lol.
Ginge
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 02:38:07 pm »

Server population dwindling is down to people gimping people through 10 tiers in a month, until that stops the population will always be up and down, it's up when new people find it and it goes down when they've completed the whole server in less than a month, that and the amount of automation via macro's is insane these days, people just click a vie macro and away they go with their 5 clerics on rotation.

Sure, I could do all those macro's as well but that's not the spirit of the server I joined, Hunter would be fucking furious at the amount of shit people do these days, maybe I'm just stuck in the past but I've always tried to play the server how hunter wanted.

Tank

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 05:30:18 pm »

Hi Draca,

I have a big concern here with UW13. What is to happen to those of us few who replaced our UW12 with the Rallos Zek event weapon, Moskstraumen, Maelstrom of Zek? It is quite a big thing to lose if we would have to give it up for the UW13. Thanks

Serra Angel

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 08:39:24 pm »

You'll have to make a choice similar to the Halloween 2017 UW's most likely.
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 09:04:25 pm »

The Unholy Writ of War, which will include some unique effects, but possibly some downside to using it's tainted power...
like herpes?
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 10:10:01 pm »

The Unholy Writ of War, which will include some unique effects, but possibly some downside to using it's tainted power...
like herpes?
Yes, like herpes.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 10:20:16 pm »

You'll have to make a choice similar to the Halloween 2017 UW's most likely.
There will definitely be some choices to make. Rallos event was not a substantial time investment for anyone, so there won't be much consideration to having to give those up for a UW13.

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 12:40:01 am »

Ok now I feel outright stupid wasting so many GoWs for a weapon that was to be cast aside.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 06:28:19 am »

Thanks for all that you do for the server, Draca!  Looking forward to all these.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 06:45:40 am »

like herpes?
Yes, like herpes.

The 2017 Halloween weapons are indeed herpes. The best thing they'll ever do for you is trick you into wasting 100 qvic essences.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 07:00:02 am »

I should also mention, thanks for all the hard work draca. I'm super excited to see what comes from T11 and the expedition. I think VP was really good content to set things in the right direction!
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 07:03:59 am »

Ok now I feel outright stupid wasting so many GoWs for a weapon that was to be cast aside.

It also says earrings are likely to be upgraded so I think pretty much everything was intended to be temporary upgrades.
decapolis95

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 03:04:08 pm »

Any chance you can open the donations a day earlier so we can get used to using our trinkets before the Halloween madness starts  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)