Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:17:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming event this Sunday  (Read 3458 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2022, 08:20:50 am »

It's been a minute since my previous event/competition and in waiting for the new stuff Draca is working on, I wanted to spice things up a bit again.

I am hosting an event this Sunday at 2pm PDT(11pm GMT+2) and I hope many of you have the time to participate. I can't start it much later due to being like +9 hours PDT myself.

While I won't reveal too much about the event at this point, you should prepare for at least an hour, possibly two of your time to complete this. It's not easy to predict the speed of which some may complete this, but some countermeasures have been set to try and make it as fair as possible to everyone. I will probably add some short background "story" to this, but that's for event start.

- The event should be doable as long as you are level 70.
- You WILL need levitate, which can be bought at Noobie Vendor in Nexus (Fabled Pegasus Feather Cloak)
- You may want to save up 100k-200k platinum for some instances.
- There will be travelling involved, so prepare for that.
- You may also need to seek out EQ resources online for help.

..and most importantly, the rewards  Wink

- Draca will polish his GM powers to make sure those that place in first, second and third place will get some extra special rewards.
- I will also hand out rewards saved up for everyone that participates and completes the event. I'll try and make sure it's worth the time spent, but I also hope you'll have fun in the process.

As a general note: the rewards will reflect on which level/tier you are at currently.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:42:05 am by Sarthin » Logged

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 12:44:12 pm »

Thanks Sarthin!

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 03:39:19 pm »

Quite a lot of time has been poured into this event, so I just wanted to give you all a heads up.
Tomorrow just before event start I will do a head count of all the participants. If most people can't make it, we will postpone it. I think we had at least 8 people for the last event. Aiming for something similar or more for this event.

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 02:53:53 am »

awesome, very nice this is being organized! Smiley

Only head that the event starts somewhere in the afternoon CDT time. That means that it's monday late night/early morning. How long does the event last? EU players also got time to do it?
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 04:01:29 am »

I am from Norway and the event will start at 11pm my time(GMT +2), so it's a bit late for sure. Some other parts of EU like England are GMT +1 though, so 10pm their time when event starts. The reason I start late is due to 99% of the server being on US time.

It's a bit hard to predict how long the event will last, but I think it should be doable in one to two hours, maybe even less.

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 04:11:03 am »

Hi Sarthin,

Yea, sure - can understand the time since there is no time that that everyone is able to join. Just was wondering how long it last - I am in the same time zone as you (Netherlands) and if I can't make it at 11pm - will I be able to do the event the next morning then? Or does it start at 11pm and will finish at 2am for example? Based on that, I can see if I can make it or not Smiley

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 06:26:21 am »

If we get enough people, we go tonight at 11pm your time. It will be a one time deal, this event. Once the cat is out of the bag so to speak, it will be hard to repeat it. I will do more events in the future though. As noted earlier its hard to say how long it will take each individual to complete, but 12pm-0.30am is the ballpark for you I guess.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 09:13:33 am »

Wish I could be there, but I work during that time. I am off next weekend, though.

2pm pdt is 4pm cst and kind of an oddball time when most people are working, morning people are off and home by 5:30pm to 6pm and late shifters are just going to work.

CST is the best time zone to plan around as it is the middle of the US and people are only an hour to 2 at most off of it in either direction.

Wish I could attend, but alas, I have to make the cash.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 09:39:32 am »

Thanks for organizing an event, Sarthin!  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this either.  I am also on CT but have a family event today.  Looking forward to the next one.  Have fun everyone!
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 04:15:58 pm »

-------------------------
Event: If you want it, Jigglypuff's got it!
--------------------------------------------

-Greetings fellow adventurers. Today we dig deep, back to the roots of Everquest history, to look for some of the rarest and most sought after items that the game had to offer.

- Whether you want to embark on this adventure with the goal of placing first, second or third for GM rewards or if you just want to take it at your own pace, there will be rewards for everyone that completes the event. Rewards will be based on your current level/tier and in some situations you may also have different options to choose from.

- There are ways to "cheat" parts of this event, especially where doors are concerned. Rogue lockpick and shrink+camp is NOT allowed during this event and doing so will result in a failed quest for your part. I may ask you to link certain items from your adventure to prove your dedication, so anything you pick up that you need for the event, keep it! I will also post the entire quest text on the forums as soon as I start this event. If you crash or something, you can look it up there.

- Now before you move out with swords and glory, make sure you have some form of levitation ready for your mission. I heard rumors that the Noobie Vendor robbed Quillmane of some Fabled Pegasus Feather Cloaks. I also recommend anywhere from 100k to 1 million plat to spend on this perilous journey.

- So with the initial introduction complete, listen carefully to what comes next....

Tales speak of a powerful quest item that can only be found on the corpse of one of the dragons that got exiled from all Dragonkind. The dragon I speak of is Lord Nagafen.

Furthermore, there are rumors of another unique item that is carried by none other than the former bride of Venril Sathir, now resting in the crypts of Charasis. Her name is Drusella Sathir.

Karam Dragonforge may be able to assist you in making a Red Dragonscale Armor if you can supply him with the necessary items.

- Although mostly bones, I am sure I have seen a Necklace of Superiority hanging around Drusella's neck down in her crypt in Howling stones(Charasis). Getting access to this crypt may not be an easy task. Maybe the Froglok Dugroz can shed some light on how to achieve that. There may be doors that are hard to open. I heard past warriors chatter about keys lying around in the zone as well as on certain creatures.

Bring these two items to me in Nexus and show them in a trade window to complete this Norrath adventure.

Good luck on your travels. The adventure starts now!

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 10:22:08 pm »

Thanks to both Draca and Sarthin for hosting this even and the prizes that were given out. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)