Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:24:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Testing Help Needed - Test Server Code Update  (Read 1898 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:53:04 pm »

It's that time again, when we could really use a concerted effort for everyone log on to the Test server and give a new code update a good run through. While there is nothing specific we need to test, we also could stand to test everything. Quests, Expeditions, zone pull some zones, check boss spawns, check general zone stability (just play in it, as you normally would), check teleporter, clickies, reward items, reward vendor, pretty much anything you can think of, try it and see what happens. If you have anything unusual to report, please post here.

If you don't, I'm turning off EZ, and making you talk to your wives....  Smiley

Edit: Characters are not up to date, gear wise, but it doesn't really matter, it's not specific to higher zones.

Testing is complete, update has been applied to Live. Thank you to everyone who jumped on to help.

-Draca
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:07:08 am by Draca » Logged

Mangry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 04:51:22 pm »

I'm down to help. Are there instructions for how to log onto the test server? Have not done it before
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 04:57:51 pm »

As long as you're using the PEQ login server, it will be near the bottom of the server list.

If you are not using the PEQ login server:

Change your eqhost.txt to login.projecteq.net and use your EQEmu account per normal. eqhost.txt is found in your root Everquest folder, and should be changed to the following:

Also, if you are on Test server, and notice something doesn't operate the way it does on Live, make sure you make a note of it here. While it's possible they are intended changes that may or may not make it to Live, they also just might be acting in a different way, and require a fix.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:05:08 pm by Draca » Logged

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 09:36:36 pm »

Is this EZ testserver?? I'll log in and test some stuff.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 07:10:23 am »

If you notice anything not working like it used too on Live, please report it here. There are no ninja nerfs or undocumented changes intended with this update, but it's possible that things were missed during Test server testing.

Call of the Companions -- no longer drops agro when used. This is NOT intended, and will be corrected.
Hatestomp -- possibly not working
Kerafyrm -- HP's seem low compared to previous
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 07:29:46 am by Draca » Logged

orkiho

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 01:59:40 pm »

CoH no longer works outside your group like it used to.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 07:06:44 am »

Can anyone else confirm a perceived lessened difficulty in Kerafyrm and/or noticed Hatestomp not working correctly? They look ok from my end.

Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 07:20:20 am »

I haven't fought kera since patch but I've also felt a little like threat has been harder to manage since patch... It hasn't bothered me to the point I looked into it but I wouldn't be surprised if something is weird with hatestomp.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)