Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Veeshan's Peak locked  (Read 3705 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2023, 11:09:42 am »

Veeshan's Peak is being locked temporarily, while I sort out an issue that is causing certain classes and pets to take almost no damage. I don't have an estimate on downtime until I can dig further into this issue.

-Draca

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 04:19:53 pm »

Ban hammer time!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 11:16:53 pm »

I know it isn't the warrior class.. cuz I get beat down all the time with 2 Elites, thanks to the changes in COVER and the mobs being beefed up. Pretty sure my entire raid wiped as well since i forgot to keep warrior buffs up one time. Woulda liked to know which class was invulnerable in there. I would make an army of that class.
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 05:40:57 am »

Undecided Undecided

My bad guys, this was my doing most likely..

I wasn't setting out to exploit anything as I'm sure most could tell by me relaying the fight in ooc now and again, If I was really trying to be underhand I'd have not said anything...

This isn't something I could have tested on Test server either as the character data set isn't relevant enough for me to try.

I wanted to see if I could beat the Tunare expedition with Necro pet tanking, mage pet and ench pet for "Dps" and some Death line dots and wand spamming...

Did it work, Yes...It's been a well established fact that Necro pets are practically invincible in any tier, I've been tanking and killing stuff with one for years...It's how I first broke my way up the ramps in VP using Necro pet to tank and gave Tankus and my Ranger/Rogues uw12 bows for damage.

Was it easy to kill an 18 man Tunare expedition with 3 toons...no, no it wasn't...It took me almost 6 hours, I died god knows how many times, had to resummon pets more times than I can count but I did it......

I'm not sure which class is invulnerable though so don't ask me that question because they all died multiple times..

Anyway....Yeah...Sorry I got VP closed for everyone...my bad ><

I'll return the loots if need be  Cheesy

Tank
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:50:29 am by Tankus » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 06:07:02 am »

I would not say it was your fault at all. This issue is larger than just your pets. Druids, Wizards, Enchanters and potentially other classes as well, mitigate more damage than they should. My Druids and Wizards can face tank Tunare way better than my Warrior. Druid can solo Tunare without needing any healing. Some mitigation issue is affecting the server in many ways right now, breaking the game as it's intended to work.

If anything, I would avoid AFK killing though, which is against the rules, technically speaking. I only mention this because you said you were doing it in /ooc while killing her with your pets.

Ginge
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 06:09:50 am »

Ahh the AFK thing, I wasn't really AFK, Just FD on my necro then run, attend to whatever my dad rang the bell for and then back at it, I was present to push all relevant buttons  Cheesy

Tank
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 06:31:23 am »

...It's been a well established fact that Necro pets are practically invincible in any tier, I've been tanking and killing stuff with one for years...

I find it weird that this has been allowed to remain as is if people has known about it for years. I guess the only reason I can think of is that it does not seem like a common theme on EZ that people in general use their pets as tanks.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 05:04:21 pm »

WTH?! My Necro pets will die occasionally to Raulfer's dots and Tunare's dots.. and my Druid has died to Tunare. How does everyone else's pets, Druid or whomever can face tank Tunare when mine couldn't? I got 3 Druids and they get smacked down with the rest of my raid if I attempt Tunare. I guess I dont have the elite Druid class....
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 05:17:05 pm »

WTH?! My Necro pets will die occasionally to Raulfer's dots and Tunare's dots.. and my Druid has died to Tunare. How does everyone else's pets, Druid or whomever can face tank Tunare when mine couldn't? I got 3 Druids and they get smacked down with the rest of my raid if I attempt Tunare. I guess I dont have the elite Druid class....

It's gear dependent. Does your druid have Shield of the Ages, Kote Bracer, Improved Goblin familiar? If you don't, no mitigation would be in place, except the werewolf form if you got that spell.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 10:06:05 pm »

So from what I can gather from some testing, it seems like mitigation buffs are somehow stacking server side for certain classes, resulting in mitigation numbers above 100%, which then display as misses. Stonewall still displays properly to the player, however the server side combat calculations are using a duplicated mitigation number.

Unfortunately, for no reason I can determine, this is no longer occurring on Test or Live, so I am going to re-open VP, so I can get some additional testing data (aka watch people pull while invis), and hopefully resolve this more permanently.

Thanks to Sarthin for working with me for a few hours on Test while we tried to determine the cause of this issue.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 10:27:35 pm »

Oh crap... Draca gonna watch us in Veeshan while invis. Disable your hacks ppl!!!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2023, 08:01:56 am »

Oh crap... Draca gonna watch us in Veeshan while invis. Disable your hacks ppl!!!
   He has probably been doing that for a while….to all of us.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Ergg

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023, 09:01:41 am »

How embarrassing , I hope he doesn't watch while I get intimate with Tunare!
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 09:19:37 am »

How embarrassing , I hope he doesn't watch while I get intimate with Tunare!

Grin Grin

Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 12:59:32 pm »

...It's been a well established fact that Necro pets are practically invincible in any tier, I've been tanking and killing stuff with one for years...

I find it weird that this has been allowed to remain as is if people has known about it for years. I guess the only reason I can think of is that it does not seem like a common theme on EZ that people in general use their pets as tanks.

I kind of think like, 1 maybe 2 people total actually spent their time doing it.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)