Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:51:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Issues with download files  (Read 1574 times)
hoosrdaddie

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2023, 03:10:10 pm »

I am a returning player and have spent several days trying to get ezserver and mq2 to run.  I have download the ROF2 version of EQ with the link provided in the wiki guide.  I have also downloaded the ezserver version of MQ2 from that same page.  I am getting an error message saying the the file MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml does not exists in the uifiles/default folder.  That file is most definitely there.  I have even tried copying that file to the everquest uifiles/default directory and then I get a GUI xml error before the game even loads.

I am past my point of frustration and decided to try a post here for an answer or solution before I just say to hell with it.
hoosrdaddie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:40:06 pm »

Ok, I have gotten past the first error I listed above, now I get an error message inside the game that continuously posts in the chat window about MQUI_CastTimerWnd.xml being missing from uifiles/default.  The file is there.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 08:09:59 pm »

Two ideas: one is that there are multiple installs of mq2 on your system and you are looking in the files for the wrong one.the second idea is that the file you are looking at has extensions hidden and isn't actually .xml, it's just a file named with the right name followed by .xml.txt or whatever. Maybe if you say how you solved it the first time it would make it more clear what's going on?
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 07:34:57 am »

You have to copy the file into the correct uifiles folder. Iirc it was located in mq2 uifiles folder. It has to be copied into eq uifiles folder… or other way around.
hoosrdaddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 09:13:00 am »

The first error was fixed by having someone send me a copy of the file and then overwriting the file that was in my MQ2 uifiles/default folder.  If I try and copy the files to the EQ default folder it gives me a GUI Xml file error when I start the game.
hoosrdaddie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 09:42:10 am »

Ok, one of my issues may have been a faulty shortcut.  I had eqgame being started up in the EZ Server directory, but the target directory was another EQ installation.  After I fixed that, I was able to copy the file into the EQ uifiles/default directory and it worked.
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 01:59:25 pm »

Wohoo grats. Now back to ez server fun Smiley
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 04:34:47 pm »

Welcome back! Feel free to pop onto our Discord server as well if you haven't.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)